PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to World War III.

KodiaX987
Nov 13, 2002, 11:17 AM
As you people might have noticed already, PSOW as of this month is experiencing an unusual plague of fuckheadness.

The origin: Two companies.
The cause: Two consoles.
The result: A bunch of fanboys.

You wanna go to the heart of this cancer? No problem, hop right over to the General forum and take a good look at all the people. I've stopped counting the times I have read "GC PSO WILL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "XBOX PSO WILL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "GC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "XBOX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Find the error.

You guys go back to the DC version. Pick up your old PSO GD, take a good look at it; go right ahead and shove it into your face. What are ya holding? A PSO GD. That little thing would fit into only one console, and no other. To play the original PSO, you needed only one thing, and it was a Sega Dreamcast. Get the game, get the console, get a keyboard and a VMU, connect and you're set to have some fun.

Now, whoops! PSO has split personalities! You can either go on the GC or the X-Box to play it. And do you know why this isn't a good thing?

1) CUTOFF! Say I bought PSO for the X-Box. I am connected, I play. Unfortunately, my friend bought the GC version instead. We can't play along together, simply because we bought the same game, but for two different systems. Let me tell you that it would be quite a pain in the ass to know that the guy who lives next door to you can't even come into your own online game.

2) FANBOYS! THAT'S the purpose of this thread; fucking duh! What's happening at this board is even uglier than seeing the World Trade Center collapse right into your face. I come to the forums and I expect to see the usual questions about weapons and mags, and what quests are coming up, and what's to check out and what's to avoid. I was stupid!! I should've kicked myself for being so optimistic, for the love of heavens!! Every thread with the word GC or X-Box inside it is 100% assured to go down, way down in flames. The reason? A bunch of fanboys who have nothing better to do than call out a jihad and deliver the masses from the evil that is the other console.

I used to play a game on the DC. I loved it, I played it, I explored every nook and cranny of it. And you know what happened with this game? IGN.com classified it as "Best game no one played." That's right! The game was a total flop, but to me, it was great and I had hours of fun playing it.

I used to play games on the DC. I loved them, I played them, I explored every nook and cranny of them. I bought games that I thought I would like, and if I didn't all I needed to do was exchange them for something else. And you know what happened with the DC? It died. That's right! The console was flamed to death by fanboys, beaten up, thrown around, machingunned left right and center. Oh well, here comes my sacrilege: My DC is nicely tucked inside its box, waiting for me to have an opportunity to plug it in again. And when I do, I'll offer myself a good time by playing a good melee at Vigilante 8: Second Offense. Then a good fight of Dead or Alive 2. And then I'll pick up MDK2, go through level 2 (my personal favorite) and whoop some Inferno ass. And then I'll take Phantasy Star Online and do a complete ruins run by killing every monster, opening every door and every box and examining all the items for something interesting. I will pick up my trusty Varista handgun and my DB Saber and challenge Dark Falz to a deathmatch.

What would I do with a GC? I'd play PSO. I'd probably try Smash Brothers and see if I like it. I might get Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Metroid, can't forget good ol' Metroid; if one comes up I'll gladly give it a shot.

What would I do with an X-Box? I'd get PSO for that. I'd get myself Dead or Alive 3. I'd try Blood Wake. I'd get myself Fusion Frenzy for whenever I invite some buddies at home. If an old-school racing game pops in, I will be happy to give it a shot.

Did I stamp a single logo on my forehead to show any allegiate whatsoever? Nope. I am a neutral. I am ready to chew the hell out of whatever fanboy, regardless of console. Because all that time you guys waste by making up sales figures and looking into the archives of gaming sites, that time could be instead spent on playing online, making a game, leveling up, and beating the apparently infamous Olga Flow. And if anyone has a pic of said Olga Flow, please PM it to me, I'd like to see what it is!

But back to the subject:

OMGWTF!!!

The amount of fuckheadness here is unbelievable. It's higher than AOL. Even bin Laden himself wouldn't be that stupid. Sober yourselves up and start playing. You don't impress anyone with your console praises. You don't impress me at least. The more you go with your allegiance, the more I'm willing to hate you.

So someone is ready to get back at me with the fact that I complain? That I whine maybe? Do that and I rip your head off. Look at your own self for a second. Look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself "Was I being a fanboy?" "Was I being a stupid fuckhead?" And once you've answered those questions, then answer me and tell me the answers that you've found. And once you are done with this, you will round up your consoles, say "Eenie-meeny-miney-mo" and pick one at random. You will plug in the chosen console, insert a game, and play it. And I don't want you saying a single word until you get done with playing your game.

Now you've become more productive.

Sedric
Nov 13, 2002, 11:35 AM
Let's give a round of plause to Kodiax! > Everybody

Can you write it a lil' shorter next time? Cuz I bet many of those "fanatics" wouldn't even bother to read all that anyway. Yeah, I know, you had tons of stuffs to say, so it ended up that long.

Simon Geese says: Fanboys = die-able....

DB
Nov 13, 2002, 03:30 PM
What was I doing again? Oh yea, reading my bros post. Good post bro. A little long winded, but hell, it's all about getting the point across right? w00t! Anyways, good job?

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 08:24 AM
Been awhile since I ranted. Kodia, post something else. So I can scream about it. But, it has to concern something, that alot of intelligent people dislike. =/ Such as fanboys... Considering... It's just like taking a side in a war... Go with the Nazis? Or the Allied forces? o_O; Or, be the french... >_<

KodiaX987
Nov 14, 2002, 12:43 PM
On 2002-11-13 08:35, Sedric wrote:
Can you write it a lil' shorter next time?

Well, I would've gladly contented myself with just typing out a "FUCK YOU!!!" in size 77... But for one part, I can't write in huge font sizes here, and for another part, the fanboys would've jumped on my ass and flamed me to no end because my lack of arguments would've been the same to them as an open port to a hacker. AKA: I would have been screwed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nidarrock
Nov 14, 2002, 05:18 PM
I think you pretty well covered it and I agree. It's sad to read a topic about what the XBox version MIGHT have or when it MIGHT be released then have it turn into an Xbox stinks GC rules argument. The only loyalties I still kinda have are towards SEGA, I grew up on thier systems and games. But I own all three and have a great time with all of them.

As for the cut-off issue I did my best to inform my old PSO buddies which version I was getting.

DB
Nov 14, 2002, 06:13 PM
Kodia, my friend. You explained your point, all to well... *Checks for openings...* Damn you... o_O;

Kid_Icarus
Nov 14, 2002, 06:42 PM
On 2002-11-14 09:43, KodiaX987 wrote:
Well, I would've gladly contented myself with just typing out a "FUCK YOU!!!" in size 77... But for one part, I can't write in huge font sizes here, and for another part, the fanboys would've jumped on my ass and flamed me to no end because my lack of arguments would've been the same to them as an open port to a hacker. AKA: I would have been screwed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Why does no one speak of the Turbo Grafx? Where's the TG16 contigent! RALLY TO MY SIDE! WE SHALL STRIKE KODIAX DOWN!!

*hacks KodiaX's comp*
Ack! OS/2!
*dies*
x_x

SorceressofTime
Dec 1, 2002, 01:02 PM
[/quote]

Why does no one speak of the Turbo Grafx? Where's the TG16 contigent! RALLY TO MY SIDE! WE SHALL STRIKE KODIAX DOWN!!

*hacks KodiaX's comp*
Ack! OS/2!
*dies*
x_x

[/quote]

LOL! ok, now thats farken funny! XD

Vol_Opt
Dec 12, 2002, 03:48 PM
.. Analyzing text.. Selecting portion..

.. Initiating playback mode..

On 2002-11-13 08:17, KodiaX987 wrote:
And once you are done with this, you will round up your consoles, say "Eenie-meeny-miney-mo" and pick one at random. You will plug in the chosen console, insert a game, and play it. And I don't want you saying a single word until you get done with playing your game.

Now you've become more productive.

.. Playback mode disengaged.. Analysis complete

.. Eenie-meeny-miney-mo is not a random selection tactic.

.. Analysis of further topic complete. Devoted GameCube or X-Box players will always defend their system of choice when posting, no matter their identity. This unit observes that some do it more readily than others..

.. Bzzt.

X-thirteen
Dec 13, 2002, 11:59 PM
you put that oh so perfect kodia.
damn fuckheads.

Ness
Dec 14, 2002, 06:47 PM
In the 6 months I've been here at PSOW, I've seen many threads like this one. All of them were made by fanboys who claimed not to be fanboys. And all of those oh-so-called-nonfanboys would only insult the fanboys on the other side. They wnated a double standard whish was " All the praises Console A Fanboys say about console A and shit about Console B is okay, but all the shit said about console A and praises about console B are to be considerd fanboyism." (In case you didn't realized it, the Fanboy in this example like console A).

I'm glad that you came along and finally did it right. Yau gave unbiased opinions and stated nothing but the facts.

I think you deserve this.

*Gives Kodia a metal.

haterade
Dec 14, 2002, 08:38 PM
While I'm still here, LOVING KodiaX's post, allow me to point out some of the fanboys:

-Agent Reav
-Kalbergion

Check their posts if you don't believe...that's all I can remember right now... add more if you see 'em!

X-thirteen
Dec 14, 2002, 10:44 PM
i love that idea haterade

IceBlink
Dec 15, 2002, 04:32 AM
It's the same old story.

Man hates Man = Argue on anything

o_O

Both consoles are good, and both have games which are good. Throw in PS2 as well. That has good stuff. Heck, even though the Atari Lynx bombed, it still had lots of games I liked to play on it. o_O

*won't forget his pride and joy, the PC Engine T_T*

Ness
Dec 15, 2002, 10:25 AM
On 2002-12-14 17:38, haterade wrote:
While I'm still here, LOVING KodiaX's post, allow me to point out some of the fanboys:

-Agent Reav
-Kalbergion

Check their posts if you don't believe...that's all I can remember right now... add more if you see 'em!

That sounds like a good idea. Yu don't have to worry though because Agent_Reav got banned and does Kabelgarion still post? You would probably know all the fanboys better than I do since I don;t post much in general.

hollowtip
Dec 15, 2002, 11:10 PM
Well I don't really see what this post is trying to accomplish. Fanboys will support whatever console they own, it's just a means of justifying their purchase because they want to feel like they put their hard earned $$$ towards the best current available system. Bitching about it in the rants forum isn't going to change anything, and I think people should be respected for their opinion no matter how rediculous and ignorant their views may seem.

Personally, I own all the latest systems, and although I don't regret any of the hardware purchases I've made, I am disappointed with the amount of permanently exclusive stellar games for my Xbox. That's my opinion, agree with it or not it doesn't matter. Ignore the post author if you are angered with their insight on subjects like these, attention is what these people strive for, and giving it to them is only fueling the fire.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2002-12-16 11:12 ]</font>

Robantifast
Dec 22, 2002, 03:47 PM
Well hollowtip I was about to write the same thing heh...

Well put. I think making a list of "fanboys" is a bad idea. It will only cause more arguement, thus drawing out more "fanboys" and annoying you more. Although if you enjoy conflict that much...

lockeboy
Dec 22, 2002, 08:27 PM
STFU. GC ROXXORS JOOR L4ME A55. FUXX0R.

NO, WAIT. XB0X IS TEH SYSTME OF THE GODS. SO STFU N00B.

Hah .. I think it's all very silly.

I've always stuck with Nintendo. I like their consoles, I like their game series ..

I'm not going to say that the X-Box sucks, and I'm not going to say that the PS2 can suck my ahem. They are both great systems. I just prefer the Gamecube and things made by Nintendo, for whatever reason.

To Kodiax, I give you a blowjob. That was one heckuva post. Ahem .. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_shy.gif