PDA

View Full Version : what expert class makes the best hunter?

vash2022
Oct 24, 2006, 10:36 PM
i was thinking figunner because you can use twin daggers and such. Probobly a beast. Or would a cast be better for figunner with mostly hunter in mind. Or some other expert class/race?

JaiBlue
Oct 24, 2006, 10:39 PM
*sigh* thats an opinionated based question.

Sevenfold
Oct 24, 2006, 10:40 PM
Congrats dude, your first post is pointless and mind-numbingly retarded.

EnixBelmont
Oct 24, 2006, 10:41 PM
Best hunter is probably Fortefighter due to higher attack power(by a lot, too.)

Casts or beasts work. Figunner isn't bad either, but they seem to have very low attack :/

JaiBlue
Oct 24, 2006, 10:42 PM
On 2006-10-24 20:40, Sevenfold wrote:

Wow just wow.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 24, 2006, 10:52 PM
Do you want the highest hp in the game and the highest atp aswell as the most choice for S rank weapons go Fortefighter, if you want to trade some atp for ata and also gain level 20 bullet skill and trade large weapon specialization for more small weapons like S rank dagger and stuff pick Figunner, they both kick ass imo

If you were gonna play figunner just for meleeing id take a beast, nanoblast is fun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-24 20:55 ]</font>

Emgro
Oct 24, 2006, 10:55 PM
Welcome to PSO-World. If the irony of that doesn't kill you, perhaps a gentle reminder to you and everyone else who fail to make mature use of the shift key to capitalize words would finish you off.

In any case, that question really doesn't have an answer. My ideal hunter has technics to add versatility. Someone else's ideal hunter might have guns instead of techs for better range support. A third person's "best" hunter might have neither and just pound things with axes.

If your idea of best hunter is maximum damage potential in the simplest way possible, I'd suggest Fortefighter beast or CAST. You won't have guns or technics, but you'll get enormous ATP compared to the other options.

Xeveous
Oct 24, 2006, 10:59 PM
On 2006-10-24 20:42, JaiBlue wrote:

Wow just wow.

Yes,we got alot of those people around. They got no life,sad i know.

vash2022
Oct 25, 2006, 05:19 AM
Im sorry this topic is without much...reasoning. I hope i dont leave a bad impression, as long as i been coming here (dreamcast) i never made a account for the fourms. I thought best hunter generly meant killing thing with super atp, but i guess people have different ideas, so thank you.

Ether
Oct 25, 2006, 05:24 AM

Congrats dude, your 507th post is a pointless flame that adds nothing to the topic.

Try reading the rules before you post again (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121643&forum=20&start=0&99#41)

Ontopic: Fortefighter is the best hunter

Nani-chan
Oct 25, 2006, 05:28 AM
Well you can unlock both and see which you like better.

I think Fortehunter has the Higher Atp weapons too. Something big and slow like Axe/Sword to push your Atp to the sky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-10-25 03:29 ]</font>

daylight129
Oct 25, 2006, 05:33 AM
Honestly, swords are awesome. I want to use the best swords in the game, so heck I'm gonna give fortefighter a shot but I might change later so I'm just gonna keep my options open by being a Human. Remember that you will be able to change your class for meseta, so it's not like when you pick what you want to be in the beginning you are making your bed.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 25, 2006, 05:46 AM
It's definitely not a stupid question. We all have different goals coming to the world of PSU, and some want to be the best they can be in terms of stats. I personally don't know the answer to your question, though I would assume the Fortefighter would be the best "Hunter"... being as it's the only class to explicitly specialize in the aspects of the Hunter to the fullest.

But if you're looking for a Hunter that also has flexibility in other areas, you have other options.

As far as race goes, I imagine it'd be either Cast or Beast... depending on what exact aspect of a Hunter you want to specialize in. I'll be going Newman myself, but that's just because I adored my HUnewearl in PSO and look forward to a challenge in this game.

That and despite being an anti-gimp in FF XI due to the severe nature of that game and its requirements, I'm looking forward to a slightly less hardcore game where less-than-perfect variants are acceptable and still productive.

Just joined PSO World myself after playing the PS games for ages since PS2 on the Genesis, but this site's been an invaluable resource back when I used to play PSO heavily. Good luck in your pursuits.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 25, 2006, 06:34 AM
I'm just gonna put my 2 cents and ask which do you prefer, big, slow, strong weapons or fast weapons that aren't as strong? if you prefer the first, go with fortefighter, if you like the second, go with figunner. I mean sure, fortefighters have s-rank in higher ATP weapons but they are pretty slow with the exceptions of the knuckles and the spear. me personally, I prefer the figunner, and I'll be a human figunner.

Diablohead
Oct 25, 2006, 08:42 AM
Newman female.

kirinano
Oct 25, 2006, 08:42 AM
I don't think this is a stupid question at all! Maybe the question could have had a bit more specifics to it (like what hunter is most accurate or which hunter hits hardest or something like that). But, the fact is, I pick up my game today and I know I'm going to be a beast HU and I'm still pondering which expert class I'll go for first.

After all these years of reading and posting on boards (since 2001 for me) I still cannot understand why people would take the time to post in useless flames or *sigh's* or anything like that. It's so... useless.

n-e-ways... vash2022: from your avatar you look like a cast fan, so probably the best thing to do is just make a cast HU and then experience the game. You (and the rest of us) may be better at answering the question once we actually have a 'feel' for the game.

Personally, I'm going beast HU, and even tho I was mostly planning on going towards fortefighter, I'm still pondering wartecher and figunner. I guess this didn't really help you, and I'm glad some of the other posts are helpful. It's too bad your first two responses ever on this board were so RUDE.

Anyway, welcome. I'm pretty new to posting here, too, but like you I've been playing PSO and reading at this site for years.

Welcome
>vash2022

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 25, 2006, 08:48 AM
keep in mind that humans and newmans can use claire weapons, most of which I know of are [twin] sabers, [twin] daggers, and double sabers and they have a longer range and attack more than 1 guy but weaker, but it sounds worth it. hopefully there will be some s-rank claires of these types, and the newman female will have the second best ATA and the very best EVP, her low defense may [hopefully] be cancelled out with a good body slot though.