PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Game and Halloween Theme....

Ronin1of47
Oct 24, 2006, 11:44 PM
does anyone besides me think thats its wierd the Sega a japanese game devolper has a halloween event (american thing... right?) they dont participate in the glory that is halloween in japan do they? or is this just aimed to us american gamers? not to say that its bad just a thought

sorry about the offensive abrieviation and all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-10-24 21:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2006-10-24 21:48 ]</font>

xzeekzx
Oct 24, 2006, 11:46 PM
i think its fine.

Sorry, this just a thing on the side. Can you change your title to Japanese Game and halloween theme? Not a real biggy, but i just think its more respectful. Have a good night http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

NeoEdo
Oct 24, 2006, 11:47 PM
They celebrate Halloween. Sure in there own special way (kind of like Christmas and the whole "Kiss before at midnight" thing they have going on). But yea they do.

ja na.....

Flunky
(Edit: thanks for taking care of that.)

And I don't believe halloween is just American. Regardless of which areas celebrate it the commercial event surrounding the holiday has globalized it to at least some degree.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-24 21:54 ]</font>

peachgirldb
They don't do much in the way of Halloween stuff like we do, but haunted houses and things are fairly popular and there's an awesome tradition of ghosts and monsters they have to choose from. xD Basically though, it seems that countries everywhere have begun to adopt our modern Halloween traditions.

xzeekzx
Oct 24, 2006, 11:48 PM
On 2006-10-24 21:47, peachgirldb wrote:
They don't do much in the way of Halloween stuff like we do, but haunted houses and things are fairly popular and there's an awesome tradition of ghosts and monsters they have to choose from. xD Basically though, it seems that countries everywhere have begun to adopt our modern Halloween traditions.

was that a reply to me? or the author? Sorry, i was just trying to say it in a nicer way.. i didn't wanna come off angry. But i agree with you 100%

Ronin1of47
Oct 24, 2006, 11:51 PM
sorry didn't mean to offend any one with the title of the post just lazy when i type... i meant no harm by this post either just curious about what everyone thinks

Flunky
Oct 24, 2006, 11:55 PM
No worries.

Regardless of whether or not a certain holiday is celebrated, I'm pretty sure anybody playing would be thrilled to see seasonal/different content for a period of time for -any- reason, heh.

Teneris
Oct 25, 2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah, they did it in FFXI with a good deal of success. I swear the japanese had more pumpkin hats and santa suits then the americans. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

peachgirldb
Oct 25, 2006, 12:04 AM
Just a general reply. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

C'mon, isn't it exciting to get to participate in a holiday that most people you know don't? I think that's why they get so into it. I know I love it when games have the Valentine's Day/White Day pairing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sable_Edge
Oct 25, 2006, 12:26 AM
White Day O.o? Is that a Japanese holiday?

Hajile
Oct 25, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-10-24 22:26, Sable_Edge wrote:

Yes , it's Japan's version of valentine day.

peachgirldb
Oct 25, 2006, 12:32 AM
On 2006-10-24 22:29, Hajile wrote:

Yes , it's Japan's version of valentine day.

Well, to be more specific, in Japan girls give chocolates to the guys they like (and to friends, coworkers sometimes, etc.) on Valentine's Day and then on White Day, the guys give stuff back to the girls who gave them stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: peachgirldb on 2006-10-24 22:33 ]</font>

Xbob
Oct 25, 2006, 12:34 AM

Much much worship to a certain race.

[cough]

Bluecowbank
Oct 25, 2006, 01:07 AM
Halloween Originated from the Celts, who on hallows eve would perform their pagan rituals, while the catholic church would pray to keep the evil at bay, later laying out jacko-laterns to scare away demons and wearing masks so said terrible beastys would not recognize them, the romans brought this tradition, which was by then watered down, over sea's to the british empire, which when it became even more tame and something actually family aporpriate, then later Marketing would take this holiday and water it down even further to make it the care bear pinata, candy coated hug that you see today, so technically NO, the Japanese never had any contact with the holiday, I don't think france does either, the only way japan would celebrate this is if they became incredibly diluded in north american culture in the last few years.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 25, 2006, 03:19 AM
What are you talking about? It's ALWAYS Halloween in Japan. =P

uhawww
Oct 25, 2006, 07:11 AM
I've conversed a little bit about Halloween in Japan with some friends online. Halloween is at least recognized by most of the industrial world, only a few nations go out of their way to celebrate it in any fashion. They basically describe it as an excuse to go out with friends and get drunk and eat sweet stuff...

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 25, 2006, 07:37 AM
These days, that's basically all it is in America. I don't see kids on the streets going door to door anymore.

BioWarrior
Oct 25, 2006, 07:42 AM
On 2006-10-25 05:37, Guilty-Mirage wrote:
These days, that's basically all it is in America. I don't see kids on the streets going door to door anymore.

Eh, where I live tons of kids still try to ring my door bell even when I have my lights off in my house and not giving out candy anymore lol.

Tycho
Oct 25, 2006, 08:46 AM
Not all of the world is xenophobic.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 25, 2006, 08:52 AM
On 2006-10-25 05:42, BioWarrior wrote:
Eh, where I live tons of kids still try to ring my door bell even when I have my lights off in my house and not giving out candy anymore lol.

Now that you mention it, I'm glad they don't do that any more in my area. >_>

-STE-
Oct 25, 2006, 09:14 AM
In Italy is not so big holiday, most old people just go visit passed away relatives or friends.

I went in JP PSU ships wow is great what they did compared to pso halloween and music also is very beautiful.