PDA

View Full Version : Playing online on the PS3

TheBlend
Oct 24, 2006, 11:52 PM
After much debate I'm getting it for the PS2 since I dont have a 360 and I'm not a fan of FPS. Has PSU been hacked in Japan!?

I do like the fact of playing PSU online on the PS3.....I'm sure the community wont die out!!

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 24, 2006, 11:54 PM
On 2006-10-24 21:52, TheBlend wrote:
After much debate I'm getting it for the PS2 since I dont have a 360 and I'm not a fan of FPS. Has PSU been hacked in Japan!?

I do like the fact of playing PSU online on the PS3.....I'm sure the community wont die out!!

ps2/pc will be together, so the community will be sizeable. There have been rumours of hacking japan, but they are either that, or gamefaqs people, and you cant fully trust either of those.

TheBlend
Oct 24, 2006, 11:58 PM
I really hope there is no hacking.............man I still recall the Dreamcast days of everyone having a Spread Needle grrrr!
Any importers seen some hacking online?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBlend on 2006-10-24 22:15 ]</font>

Knoob
Oct 25, 2006, 12:43 AM
hey, dont knock my A/AA/AA NEEDLE +99, she was my best friend *hugs VMU* btw before i get flamed for using em, i have my reasons, A) its fun to do 4k per shot, and B) i got NOLed on my legit humar so i started usnig teh h4x to power level, and got hooked.

on topic: ive heard about inf. meseta/hp/pp hacks, but i dont have the jp version myself so i cant confirm it

Sevenfold
Oct 25, 2006, 12:47 AM
Which is exactly why SEGA is taking such great precautions to keep idiots like you, out of the game.

TCampbell76
Oct 25, 2006, 12:53 AM
From my experiences with MMO's over the last ten years from muds to today.. if there is a PC version, chances are someone wrote code up for tools to cheat. Even though PSU for PC is supposed to have some new software blocker called GameGuard to prevent third party tool usage, I'm sure a workaround is being made. This is actually why I am glad I am playing on the 360 with it being server side where your data is saved, voice chat, and on their own servers. Because for three years playing FFXI for PS2 and PC, PC players using tools to claim, dupe and port around the world buzzkilled that game hard the same way Action Replay's buzzkilled PSO.

The advantage to PSO/PSU in the long run is its great community, find many legit friends asap and play in locked rooms to avoid the garbage is what I do.

BrandonBa2
Oct 25, 2006, 12:56 AM
This game is a lot more official then PSO and PSO:BB. Sega doesn't need that bad press about hacking in this game to so I'm guessing they are going to stop it fast if it starts.

Eviltaru
Oct 25, 2006, 12:58 AM
agree until there's a PC version there's a way to hack !

Edit: At least our data will be save into their server so it's going to be less damaging as it was in the Dreamcast era which everything was save into that lil mem card and others can destroy it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eviltaru on 2006-10-24 23:00 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 25, 2006, 01:12 AM
On 2006-10-24 22:43, Knoob wrote:
hey, dont knock my A/AA/AA NEEDLE +99, she was my best friend *hugs VMU* btw before i get flamed for using em, i have my reasons, A) its fun to do 4k per shot, and B) i got NOLed on my legit humar so i started usnig teh h4x to power level, and got hooked.

on topic: ive heard about inf. meseta/hp/pp hacks, but i dont have the jp version myself so i cant confirm it

are you on PC i wanna party with you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i did the same. Hacked items are awsome.

Sevenfold
Oct 25, 2006, 01:14 AM
On 2006-10-24 23:12, AlphaMinotaux wrote:

are you on PC i wanna party with you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i did the same. Hacked items are awsome.

Im always on the look out for idiots like you guys, Im all about reporting this shit. If I only get one hacker banned, Ill smile.

cobfab
Oct 25, 2006, 01:18 AM
On 2006-10-24 22:47, Sevenfold wrote:
Which is exactly why SEGA is taking such great precautions to keep idiots like you, out of the game.

They're taking poor precautions is more like it. The rumors are true about JP version being hacked. I have a friend who moved to japan and has the JP version and she said the game was hacked the first week it came out with meseta duping. Duping was one of the reasons why the servers were down so much during the first week.

In my opinion, the Xbox360 version is the safest version to be on because they can ban you so you better think twice before cheating.

Zelutos
Oct 25, 2006, 01:20 AM
On 2006-10-24 23:14, Sevenfold wrote:

Im always on the look out for idiots like you guys, Im all about reporting this shit. If I only get one hacker banned, Ill smile.

I'd suggest you stop calling idiots before the mods catch it and warn you or edit your post...or whatever they see fit to do.

Sevenfold
Oct 25, 2006, 01:23 AM
As far as I know, Im pretty sure this board is against cheating. Be it my own way, even if it is rude. Its still what they are.

TCampbell76
Oct 25, 2006, 01:39 AM

lol I agree, I play this game because of the community aspect - not so much the game itself. The obvious truth to cheating is because someone lost their gear for being an obnoxious douche OR their self esteem is so low that they can't stand others having better gear than them at all times, so they obsessive compluslively continue cheating in the game to fulfill that void of skill and self esteem they ulimately lack. You can't get anymore obvious than that, this is why I love this game for having locked rooms - to keep that garbage out.

jarek99
Oct 25, 2006, 01:54 AM
I don't think anyone has confirmed that PSU will run on the PS3. The offline content will definitely work. But I wouldn't be surprised if the online portion didn't work so they'd have a reason to sell you the game all over again.

Soniku17
Oct 25, 2006, 02:39 AM
After everything posted here (I can't believe I read all this mindless, uninformed babble), I still don't quite understand why the original poster feels it necessary to mention his dislike of FPS games and his love for playing PS2 games on the PS3, which may never happen anyway, but whatever... http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/graemlins/spock.gif

The Xbox 360 version of the game is just as hackable as the PS2/PC versions, which isn't very hackable at all... I don't know where some of you got the idea that the PS2/PC versions won't save everything server-side, but they will. And for the record, even a game like World of Warcraft, can and has been hacked, but being that nearly everything is server-side, it's not exactly difficult to patch the hole and forget anything ever happened in little to no time at all. This isn't 1999, so it's not difficult for Sonic Team to take control of their own servers... Although PSO had pretty piss-poor security, even back then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Oh, and can someone please explain to me why cheaters better "think twice" about cheating on the Xbox360 version of PSU, but not the PC/PS2 versions? Last time I checked, you can ban an account on any platform... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_redface.gif

That and I don't understand how PSU is "more official" than PSO/BB... Last time I checked, Sega made PSO/BB themselves (yes, I know there can be some discrepancies over Yuji Naka, Phoenix Rie and whoever else, but I really don't care), it wasn't licensed out to some third-party company if that's what you mean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I know I'm going to be making some enemies just through this post alone (not that I really care all that much, this is the internet after all... http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/images/smilies/59.gif), but geeze, where do you people get this stuff!? I feel like I'm reading GameFAQs' forums... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soniku17 on 2006-10-25 00:42 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 25, 2006, 02:44 AM
On 2006-10-24 21:52, TheBlend wrote:
After much debate I'm getting it for the PS2 since I dont have a 360 and I'm not a fan of FPS.

That is the most coherent statement I've heard today.

It's 2:44 AM.

physic
Oct 25, 2006, 02:58 AM
Basically, who knows if it will work on ps3 online, time will tell, it just might.

As to xbox being unhackable, pso was hacked first on pso dc then on gamecube, and was least hacked on psobb, so yeah consoles can get hacked and what the company decides to do to prevent hacking attempts and correct sucessful hacks, will ultimately decide how hackable the game is or would be.

lotte
Oct 25, 2006, 03:15 AM

You are a fricken loser. I am going to play legit, but if someone is using a hacked weapon in their game and not bothering anyone, then banning them is the lamest thing you could do. Thats total BS. I think most mature (read: older) players would agree, if people hack their char, and dont bother you, then who cares, let them have their fun.

TheBlend
Oct 25, 2006, 03:18 AM
The reason why I mentioned not liking FPS is the main reason why I'm not picking up the 360. I would have loved to play PSU on the 360, but sadly only a very few titles interest me on 360....just too much FPS not much variety (the future RPGs look great tho).

I do hope PSU is playable online on PS3, isnt Halo 2 playable on 360?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBlend on 2006-10-25 01:19 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Oct 25, 2006, 03:30 AM
On 2006-10-25 01:15, lotte wrote:

You are a fricken loser. I am going to play legit, but if someone is using a hacked weapon in their game and not bothering anyone, then banning them is the lamest thing you could do. Thats total BS. I think most mature (read: older) players would agree, if people hack their char, and dont bother you, then who cares, let them have their fun.

LMAO! Yeah, ok, Im the loser? Atleast I give the game creators the respect they deserve by not ILLEGALLY altering the game they worked hard to make. I dont care if it doesnt directly effect me. Say what you will, but hackers ruined the first PSO, and sadly I had to try and play with that.

Im not going to take the time to try and tell which hacker is better or worse. Their all the same in my eyes.

Mag_Launcher
Oct 25, 2006, 03:43 AM
Wow, it's SO comforting that PSU's community is going to part like the red sea at the drop of a hat, or in this case, a duped weapon.

Legit purists/extremists have always bothered me, their behavior can often be compared to the real life antics of Jack Thompson when blowing their whistle on every little thing. Well, think of it this way, this is a new game, everyone is now innocent until proven guilty, but I'll bet you anything that fingers are gonna be pointed right off the bat.

But yes, I suppose I DO have a bit of a shady past when it comes to that, I HAVE accepted weapons and the like that were not legit, and I didn't care. But I kept to myself, though, I wasn't one of those dicks who went in a game to steal exp or make a fuss, I just felt rare hunting was a pretty fruitless chore, and PSO's section ID system really did suck when you wanted something specific. Hopefully PSU doesn't have this crap anymore as section IDs appear to have vanished once and for all, and that will be for the better. So if you want to avoid me after this, you have every right to, but I wouldn't be so quick about calling witchcraft just yet, MAYBE we could be a little less segregated this time around, and NOT get lke we did back then.

Iano
Oct 25, 2006, 05:38 AM
If you know anything about the Xbox/360 mod scene then you would know that hacking PSU on the 360 would be extremely difficult. For starters, it takes extraordinary effort to run unsigned code on the system. Even after you accomplish this there's no guarantee your connection to Live will last more than a day after they detect the mod (ala Xbox 1 Live style). Then it comes down to the fact that 360 mods are currently sloppy and most people would end up with a giant paperweight. I'm not saying a 360 hack couldn't be done, but to say 360 is as easily hackable as the PC would be pretty extreme... PC is open, you can touch the executable, and the tools to hack will be more freely available. My 2 cents.

ShinMaruku
Oct 25, 2006, 06:24 AM
Sure theyre will be hakcing but never on the DC leevl ebcuase that was extrmelly open. Dealing with them hackers was fun when you cna do on to them as they do on to you. XD
It should work fine on the PS3 as that's how I'm gonna go using wi-fi for online and such.

_dd_
Oct 25, 2006, 06:27 AM
On 2006-10-25 03:38, Iano wrote:
If you know anything about the Xbox/360 mod scene then you would know that hacking PSU on the 360 would be extremely difficult. For starters, it takes extraordinary effort to run unsigned code on the system. Even after you accomplish this there's no guarantee your connection to Live will last more than a day after they detect the mod (ala Xbox 1 Live style). Then it comes down to the fact that 360 mods are currently sloppy and most people would end up with a giant paperweight. I'm not saying a 360 hack couldn't be done, but to say 360 is as easily hackable as the PC would be pretty extreme... PC is open, you can touch the executable, and the tools to hack will be more freely available. My 2 cents.

And even then the ISOs cannot be modified as of yet, they must be in their original state. I very well think the 360 is by far the safest choice if you want to avoid hacking/cheating/glitches. As soon as a glitch is discovered it will be patched, etc.

Banya
Oct 25, 2006, 08:31 AM
Anyone who wants to hack their character can do it offline. No matter what you think, other people duping items DOES effect you, because it makes the items that you've worked so hard to get nearly worthless.

As soon as PSO DC was hacked, I never touched the game again. I have a little more faith in Sega this time around. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes. If not, well...I guess its back to WoW.

Jools
Oct 25, 2006, 08:38 AM
There's a lot of nonesense in this thread, it must be said. For the record, no, the jp version isn't hacked, its ticking along just fine.

TCampbell76
Oct 25, 2006, 09:05 AM
On 2006-10-25 01:15, lotte wrote:

Most mature players would agree? I'm a 30yo game developer and I disagree. lol Not to mention found your entire statement hypocrtical.

Aberu
Oct 25, 2006, 10:15 AM
On 2006-10-25 06:31, Banya wrote:
As soon as PSO DC was hacked, I never touched the game again. I have a little more faith in Sega this time around. Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes. If not, well...I guess its back to WoW.

So you only played the game for like... 1 week?

Mikedot
Oct 25, 2006, 10:18 AM
From what I heard, the PS3's PS2 cappablities won't have add any graphic improvements to old games (Not even anti-aliasing features like on the PS2's PS1 cappablities). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thrash777
Oct 25, 2006, 10:28 AM
omfg, guys, chill out! nobody knows anything 100% solid about PSU regarding "security"...

I'm sure we have better things to do than to argue with someone over the internet miles away from you. Everyone has their own opinion, and that's all it is, and people don't tend to have their opinions changed by someone they have never met, probably never will, and is just a few words typed in a post...

Artorius
Oct 25, 2006, 10:36 AM
Well I don't see how the PC/PS2 base will be that much larger. Seeing they can only play with each other and only in said country. While the 360 version will let US, Europe and Japan play together, the potential for more gamers worldwide is on the 360 and then on the other 2. I was a participant of the 360 beta and the servers were busy most of the time, except for the weee hours of the morning like 4-6am. The weekends were full doing the day and packed at nights.
LOL go ahead and pay $600.00 for the PS3 to play PSU, that's about the only game worth getting for the system.
Join Cobra for Xbox360 PSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96FfnaM73_g

http://cobra.aceboard.com/i-231330.htm

http://stepheng1964.spaces.live.com/

http://www.360voice.com/blog.asp?tag=Artorius

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/Artorius.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/Artorius)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artorius on 2006-10-25 08:37 ]</font>

Mikedot
Oct 25, 2006, 10:43 AM
On 2006-10-25 08:36, Artorius wrote:
Well I don't see how the PC/PS2 base will be that much larger. Seeing they can only play with each other and only in said country. While the 360 version will let US, Europe and Japan play together, the potential for more gamers worldwide is on the 360 and then on the other 2.

Well, the japanesse will be too busy playing the PS2/PC version to care about the Xbox 360 version(Which not a lot of japanese people own.), And the US PS2/PC players will be able to play with EU PS2/PC Players.

So your opinion is kinda silly.

Also, don't be such a fanboy. PS3 is getting a bunch of great games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikedot on 2006-10-25 08:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikedot on 2006-10-25 08:51 ]</font>

Suetto_Rai
Oct 25, 2006, 10:47 AM
I am hoping it will. I plan to get one going into next year. It woud pretty much suck if you couldn't..but I think it just might be pulled off, guess theres only one true way to find out..heres to hoping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 25, 2006, 10:52 AM
On 2006-10-25 08:36, Artorius wrote:
While the 360 version will let US, Europe and Japan play together, the potential for more gamers worldwide is on the 360 and then on the other 2.

The 360 might as well be nonexistent in Japan at the moment. MS is trying to change that trend, but right now... the 360 just doesn't really have much of a presence over there. If it wasn't for Itagaki's support, it might have been a total failure in Japan instead of just being crippled.

As an aside, I love my 360. I'm not getting PSU for it, but I love my 360. Now if only the PS3 would come out so all the cross-platform games developers are making for around its launch would come out on the 360 as well.

lol$600RidgeRacerGiantEnemyCrab

Anyway. I don't think the Japanese 360 PSU gamer population will be very big. Would you buy the game for a console that not many people in your country play with? It'd be like having the option back in the day of picking a Saturn or PlayStation version of PSU in the United States. No one would pick the Saturn version simply because about one in every three hundred US gamers actually bought a Saturn.

(One of the best - and sadly undersupported in the US game-wise - consoles ever, I might add.)

Suetto_Rai
Oct 25, 2006, 11:06 AM
Question..so will US and JP players be interacting? or just US to EU players?

-memoru-
Oct 25, 2006, 11:41 AM
On 2006-10-25 08:52, Guilty-Mirage wrote:
(One of the best - and sadly undersupported in the US game-wise - consoles ever, I might add.)

Amen to that brother. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

-memoru-
Oct 25, 2006, 11:44 AM
On 2006-10-25 09:06, Suetto_Rai wrote:
Question..so will US and JP players be interacting? or just US to EU players?

No japanese interaction this time around(for PC/PS2 users only). Only US and EU players get to play together. ;D

cobfab
Oct 26, 2006, 05:09 AM
On 2006-10-25 00:39, Soniku17 wrote:
After everything posted here (I can't believe I read all this mindless, uninformed babble), I still don't quite understand why the original poster feels it necessary to mention his dislike of FPS games and his love for playing PS2 games on the PS3, which may never happen anyway, but whatever... http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/graemlins/spock.gif

The Xbox 360 version of the game is just as hackable as the PS2/PC versions, which isn't very hackable at all... I don't know where some of you got the idea that the PS2/PC versions won't save everything server-side, but they will. And for the record, even a game like World of Warcraft, can and has been hacked, but being that nearly everything is server-side, it's not exactly difficult to patch the hole and forget anything ever happened in little to no time at all. This isn't 1999, so it's not difficult for Sonic Team to take control of their own servers... Although PSO had pretty piss-poor security, even back then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Oh, and can someone please explain to me why cheaters better "think twice" about cheating on the Xbox360 version of PSU, but not the PC/PS2 versions? Last time I checked, you can ban an account on any platform... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_redface.gif

That and I don't understand how PSU is "more official" than PSO/BB... Last time I checked, Sega made PSO/BB themselves (yes, I know there can be some discrepancies over Yuji Naka, Phoenix Rie and whoever else, but I really don't care), it wasn't licensed out to some third-party company if that's what you mean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I know I'm going to be making some enemies just through this post alone (not that I really care all that much, this is the internet after all... http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/images/smilies/59.gif), but geeze, where do you people get this stuff!? I feel like I'm reading GameFAQs' forums... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Soniku17 on 2006-10-25 00:42 ]</font>

I believe the banning on gamecube was just temporary and it had to detect hack stats or a hack item on you to get ban. On the xbox360 version, it's a different kind of ban. If there are enough reporting on a person cheating, that person can say bye-bye to his/her gamertag.