PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to purchase your FIRST 30 days?

Xbob
Oct 24, 2006, 11:56 PM
I know the Guardians Lisence comes with a free 15 or 30 (I will take the 30 free, 180 day subscription.) days, but doesn't the game itself?

Do you actually have to spend the $10/$50 to get the first month? I could've sworn most games have it absolutely free until your trial month is up. Does anyone know?

peachgirldb
Oct 25, 2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I've been waiting to get the game to see whether or not it comes with something about that before I buy a license.

Xbob
Oct 25, 2006, 12:14 AM
No one knows?

Auronp
Oct 25, 2006, 12:16 AM
I bought the license tonight. You pay the 10/50 up front and the free days come with it.

Nash
Oct 25, 2006, 12:18 AM
From the way it's worded it sounds like it's just extra days free when you buy a subscription.

Which is a bit rubbish really, as that isn't a trial at all. But I guess they don't want people abusing it by creating lots of accounts. It's not like PSO with a unique license number per game anymore by the sound of it.

It's extra annoying for importers, as if they had done a proper free trial that would have atleast let us play until the EU release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Skyly
Oct 25, 2006, 12:18 AM
omg thats dumb, this doesnt seem attractive to ppl who just wanna preivew then buy.

Kyuu
Oct 25, 2006, 12:20 AM
On 2006-10-24 22:18, Nash wrote:

From the way it's worded it sounds like it's just extra days free when you buy a subscription.

Which is a bit rubbish really, as that isn't a trial at all. But I guess they don't want people abusing it by creating lots of accounts. It's not like PSO with a unique license number per game anymore by the sound of it.

It's extra annoying for importers, as if they had done a proper free trial that would have atleast let us play until the EU release http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Not likely, as generally you have to provide your credit card information first, even when you aren't charged up front for the free "trial."

I'm willing to bet part of the reason for this is the abuse of the free trail period in PSO:BB. I myself knew more than one person who continually created new accounts (which they of course cancelled before the trial period ended).

Getintothegame
Oct 25, 2006, 12:21 AM
Well, think of it this way... Guild Wars never had a trial.

Eh, then again, they did have a beta... We did too, but only on the 360 and a limited one on PC or PS2.

NeuroNomad
Oct 25, 2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah doesn't look like you get the free time without at least making a $10 purchase. Honestly though as far as MMO(like) subscriptions go this isn't bad at all. If you do the $50 plan you are getting 210 days (couting the free days) Compare that with the average $90 other mmos would cost you during that time.

Xbob
Oct 25, 2006, 12:28 AM
PSO:BB's free trial was completely wrong though. It was a DOWNLOADED game, the purchased game should have an account number, so that is your only account. New account number? New game.