PDA

View Full Version : Will the Maint. window on Thursday nights affect offline?

NeuroNomad
Oct 25, 2006, 12:03 AM
Considering what I have read in regards to the PC version requiring online access to authenticate your PSU even to play the offline version I was wondering if this would keep us from even being able to play the offline version during the maint. window on Thursday nights.

I doubt anyone knows yet, but I was just thinking about that. Maybe the Authentication server is seperate from the actual world servers that they will be doing maint. on. At least I hope that is the case.

Pandemic
Oct 25, 2006, 12:04 AM
I doubt it.

Realmz
Oct 25, 2006, 12:06 AM
wait and see?

NeuroNomad
Oct 25, 2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah I know, I was just thinking about it. Not a real big deal either way. Just something to help keep me occupied you know.

Realmz
Oct 25, 2006, 12:11 AM
wanna stay occupide, go back to yuor amazon topic and check out what my hobbies are =p

i don't think that ST would also shut down the login servers for the maint. but thats assuming thats where they put the gameguard stuff..

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 25, 2006, 12:44 AM
well for PSO you could log in but wouldnt let you connect to servers during maintenence. so im assuming u can play

Remedy
Oct 25, 2006, 01:58 AM
You'll be able to play Story/Extra Mode during maintenance, yes. The only reason you need an internet connection at all to play them is the fact that GameGuard must be able to access the net to check for new updates and the like before it allows the game to launch.