PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Colors (not the photon)

Sable_Edge
Oct 25, 2006, 01:06 AM
Check out the color of the hilts/handles of the sabers.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/ashurasabershoes.pngThis one's red.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/Silver/psu20060923_090846_009.jpgThis one's blue.

Are these colors purely cosmetic or does that denote some strength stat? I'm pretty sure I've seen green and yellow hilts too. The reason I ask this is because I have seen other sable hilts that are shaped differently and thought that the shape differences were what I'd recognize strength from.

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:09 AM
I believe the hilt is a specific shape/color based on the item type...I.E all sabres (regardless of photon attatchment) will be of one hilt style while Sabra's will be another...most rare swords will also have unique hilts and blades..

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:10 AM
im sorry that was kinda vague...no the hilt doesnt specify strength, its just the model and its individual stats...but so far ive noticed the cooler looking the hilt/blade the better the stats lol

Sable_Edge
Oct 25, 2006, 01:12 AM
Well, its understood that the rares will be unique looking, what I was refering to the are the generic weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif So color does tell you how strong it is compared to other sabers with the same shaped hilt? Sorry for the vagueness, can't think of a better way to ask http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-24 23:13 ]</font>

Xeveous
Oct 25, 2006, 01:12 AM
Yes. Most of the weapons will be different in some form,whether its a small difference or a big one.

Ether
Oct 25, 2006, 01:14 AM
The color of the hilt denotes the star rarity of the basic weapons

1* Red
2* Blue
3* Green
4* Yellow

After that I'm not sure, I think it goes Orange then Purple

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:14 AM
Well the colors are different then one another, but I wouldnt go so far as to say if I see a green hilt I know its stronger than the yellow hilt, but I guess if that was a true statement then yeah, feel free...I'm not sure if its random because one time in the Beta for the 360 my hilt changed alongside my blade when I added the ice photon...so, hmmm interesting topic you've got here...

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:17 AM
but!!!! that doesn't nesecarilly (sp?) mean that with a higher rarity lvl means a higher ATP....you know what I mean?, cause some weapons specialize in Accuracy so...seems like a good experiment to do some research on

PaladinRPG
Oct 25, 2006, 01:19 AM
So color is rarity? Interesting.

Thought I'd also mention that the hilt/body style for generic weapons seems to have 3 major ones, corresponding to the manufacturer company (Youmei, Tenora or GRM). And the actual color of the photon blade is the elemental type of the weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PaladinRPG on 2006-10-24 23:19 ]</font>

Sable_Edge
Oct 25, 2006, 01:22 AM
Thank you Ether!!! Sorry to confuse the earlier posters.... So basically no generic weapon will have a rarity beyond 6* or 7*?

@PaladinRPG: Yeah I knew about the elements already, that's why the topic says ~not photons~ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-24 23:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-24 23:32 ]</font>

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:22 AM
Sable, you can't have say four Sabers with different colored hilts....there is only one color hilt for just the saber, but there are different blade colors....there is only one hilt color per item...i.e Saber=1 hilt color Dual Saber=1 hilt color, Pallasch=1 hilt color.....remember dual and single items, while they share the same name, have completely deifferent stats, prerequisites and looks

Ether
Oct 25, 2006, 01:23 AM
7* Weapons are A-Rank and have different models altogether, I haven't seen much about them yet

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:23 AM
you're pictures show the char using a single saber and then dual sabers. Just because they are both sabers does not necessarily mean they share the same look

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:24 AM
no generic weapon as in store bought right??? yeah dont expect more than 6-7 unless in a player shop

Sable_Edge
Oct 25, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-10-24 23:22, StrykerShaka wrote:
Sable, you can't have say four Sabers with different colored hilts....there is only one color hilt for just the saber, but there are different blade colors....there is only one hilt color per item...i.e Saber=1 hilt color Dual Saber=1 hilt color, Pallasch=1 hilt color.....remember dual and single items, while they share the same name, have completely deifferent stats, prerequisites and looks

What you say clashes with Ether's comments doesn't it? Also, I thought you could synth same-element sabers together to make a dual set?

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:31 AM
no no, because it's all reletive to the individual weapon type...and no unfortunately only dual sword *boards* can make dual swords, like you mean take one ind. saber and put it with another??? you cant do that sadly....or if you can please inform me cause I tried all through the beta and was unsuccesful

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StrykerShaka on 2006-10-24 23:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: StrykerShaka on 2006-10-24 23:33 ]</font>

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:34 AM
so yeah I guess it does kinda clash, but what I meant basically is that a dual saber is stock at two stars while a single is stock at one....my bad ether you're right

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:35 AM
Hey good topic Sable, man I havn't been that stumped in a while.....haha its wierd feeling like a PS n00b.....oh well, back to the PSUpedia haha

Sable_Edge
Oct 25, 2006, 01:36 AM
Didn't play the Beta >.> I'm a PSUPC (w/X360 controller, its gawdly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ). I guess I don't understand synthing all that well if you need 'boards' to do that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Yeah, off to research synthing now...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-24 23:38 ]</font>

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 01:38 AM
Yeah, thats the only way to get weapons with different photon attributes with the exception of player stores and a few shop items...

mechatra
Oct 25, 2006, 04:31 AM
I'm gonna give this topic some finality.

The metalwork / Hilt colour of a generic weapon denotes its rank/stength/rarity.
This is basic PSU knowledge.

As ether said, the rarity class goes like this.

1st tier - Red body
2nd tier - Blue body
3rd tier - Green body
4th tier - Yellow body
5th tier - Orange body
6th tier - Purple body

The stats for all weapons follow a basic pattern, so a 3 star saber class weapon is pretty much always going to be stronger than 2 star version.

You're using two different ranks of weapons in the original pictures.

The first is a basic Saber. - red hilt denotes that it is a saber.

The second weapon is a twin brand. - if they had red hilts they would be twin sabers. Brands have blue hilts. Busters have green, ect.

Hope that clears things up for you.

RamenEater
Oct 25, 2006, 04:35 AM
Is it just me or this thread has weird post spacing?

Feelmirath
Oct 25, 2006, 05:03 AM
Geh, what's happening with the layout on this page? O_o

_dd_
Oct 25, 2006, 06:04 AM
During the Beta I synthesysed (I think I butchered that word) a 5 star wand... it was Yellow and Brown.. >.>

mechatra
Oct 25, 2006, 11:25 AM
The brown on the wand was actually probably Orange, and if I'm nt wrong, I bet it was a Youmei wand.

Most Youmei weapons have intricate patterns and designs etched in gold on them.
All 5 star basic weapons metalwork is Orange.

Sable_Edge
Oct 25, 2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah, something happened to the thread's spacing.

Thanks mechatra, but seeing as how the game just came out today and many off the sites for PSU don't offer this info, the knowledge isn't so basic...

And sorry for the bad examples. I wasn't right at all with how synthing worked, so that's why I grabbed that Twin Brand along with the Saber....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sable_Edge on 2006-10-25 09:34 ]</font>

StrykerShaka
Oct 25, 2006, 12:25 PM
Sorry guys about the spacing on this thread, that's my bad I accidently added one too many HTML table codes in my sig...