PDA

View Full Version : PSU - Fighting Strats

RamenEater
Oct 25, 2006, 04:13 AM
Is there some sort of guide or compilation of all the strats to PSU combat? I've showed videos to friends and alot of them say its just repetitive hack and slash. I've only seen videos but is the combat pretty deep, or it really is just reptitive hack and slash?

otakuP7
Oct 25, 2006, 04:16 AM
think diablo but more flashy lol

Bleemo
Oct 25, 2006, 04:17 AM
It's repetitive hack and slash.

You get a neat little Photon Art that when leveled allows you to combo your Photon Art, but that's the only real new feature to combat compared to PSO. The only thing that really makes the combat system interesting is trying to not get hit.

mechatra
Oct 25, 2006, 04:19 AM
And generally being able to actually move during combo's so you can swing at one enemy then tr and direct your next swing at an enemy coming up from your side.

RamenEater
Oct 25, 2006, 04:29 AM
Is the quick weapon change designed so that you can use one of those knock down PA's of one weapon then switch to something else to do more dmg while the enemy is knocked down? I know some weapons only have 1 PA, like the knuckles one.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 25, 2006, 04:29 AM
Well, there are ways to be strategic about melee combat, but often that just makes battles take longer (though it saves you the monomate!). I'd usually strafe around and wait 'til the enemy lets down his guard/is about to strike, then lash out.

Nani-chan
Oct 25, 2006, 04:56 AM
on 360 it's like B then, one either RB or the + directional to change weapons. It takes like 2 seconds once you get the hang of it.

Yeah did some more dmg while creatures got up from being knocked down before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2006-10-25 03:07 ]</font>

xTATANTULAx
Oct 25, 2006, 05:57 AM
If you hit an enemy from behind, you can't miss, so I usually try to flank them. That counts as strategy.

Lorsavasus
Oct 25, 2006, 08:57 AM
Well, I remember PSO's combat system giving you a sort of accuracy boost as you continued a combo (thusly why attacks that were harder to hit with like Hard or Special attacks) should be saved toward the end of the combo. Someone correct me on this if I'm not remembering this right... my memory is foggy on the subject.

I could swear that there was a touch of this in PSU. I was wiffing my Photon Arts at lower level, if I started them outside of a combo. I was noticing they hit more often if I finished with them, after a 3 hit Normal combo. Any hardkore PSU jp players that could verify this?

It might sound simple, but there's plenty of strategy in just positioning your character. You'd be surprised how often this is disregarded.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 25, 2006, 09:20 AM
I usually try to go in and out, like do a combo, get out of range of attack, and get back in(if I'm fighting Delsabans or anything else that fights in a similar style)