PDA

View Full Version : Playing Offline within Online Mode?

famethrowa
Oct 25, 2006, 10:20 AM
OK, I had been planning on just playing the extra mode for now and maybe hopping online sometime down the road. The thing is, I don't want to have to start all over when I do. I read on another board that it is possible to play the online mode, but offline. I think they said that you still have to get online to register your copy and stuff, but you can then play the online mode without actually playing with other people or paying the fee. I guess what I mean is, it would be like PSO where you can play offline, but also take that character online. I don't know if this even makes sense, but can someone clear this up for me, please?

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 10:21 AM
No. Extra Mode is completely isolated from the Online portion of the game. As far as I know, you cannot take your Extra Mode character Online.

famethrowa
Oct 25, 2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I'm aware that Extra Mode and Online are separate things. My question's a little different.

Clyde
Oct 25, 2006, 10:25 AM
On 2006-10-25 08:21, Zeta wrote:
No. Extra Mode is completely isolated from the Online portion of the game. As far as I know, you cannot take your Extra Mode character Online.

I thought thats what you were asking too.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 25, 2006, 10:26 AM
I think you just aren't understanding the answer.

The answer is "no, you cannot do what you read on another board."

physic
Oct 25, 2006, 10:28 AM
nope, the info for online mode isnt even on the game, and your data is saved on thier servers, even if you started your own server and found all the server software and level crap, it would sill be impossible to write that data to segas servers, so no its not possible.

Probably where you got that info was about extra mode which mimics an onlinish game, but it is infact still very different. If you really want to play alone go online and make passworded games, if your problem is lack of a consistent connection, then your gonna have to enjoy offline mode only

famethrowa
Oct 25, 2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks, physic. You understood and what you said makes sense. I thought maybe it was like you could log in and get your character from the server and then just do what you want, but I guess Sega wouldn't do that kind of thing. Yeah, I'm pretty poor right now, so I'm leeching a wireless connection from my friends in the apartment downstairs from here, and it's off and on. I would like to get a cable connection, but that probably won't happen.

Frog
Oct 25, 2006, 10:35 AM
If you play single-player "Story Mode" you will unlock a 3rd option called "Extra Mode". In extra mode you can create your own character just like the "Online Mode" and you can party up with NPCs that you met/unlocked in the single-player game. You can then adventure and level up infinitely just like PSO offline. You do not need to be registered online at all to do this.

You cannot take this "Extra Mode" character and then use it online. All online characters are server-side saves to prevent hacking/duping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frog on 2006-10-25 08:38 ]</font>

bleyzwun
Oct 25, 2006, 10:40 AM
I'm pretty sure you can solo online if that's what your asking. Also there is supposed to be an online quest thats made for players to solo. hope that helped.