PDA

View Full Version : Better control ideas (PC)

Jedi_eWok
Oct 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
Hey I just goit the game in the mail ^ ^ really enjoying the story mode. But i had some control issues, and I think I have some nice alterative. What I really did't like was using the up arrow for the secondary wep., and then using down to fire??? felt awkward and straifing was immposible. So insteed of the up arrow, so I think the 0 key works far better for the up arrow. Any ohter thoughs about the controls?

Agrias
Oct 25, 2006, 12:32 PM
I'm not to good with those types of pc controls. I think me and many others settle with controllers. I use a PS2 controller myself. Well that is when I get the game I will.

AngelLight
Oct 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
Slightly off topic, but will you be able to lock on to a target with guns and wands from a key stroke (to circle a target like you do with melee weapons) or can you only strife while using them. I was hoping that you could do both with separate keyboard commands as opposed to the limited number of buttons on a controller.

Disastorm
Oct 25, 2006, 12:37 PM
I use a PS2 controller for my PC.

entropyboy
Oct 25, 2006, 12:42 PM
to verify, is it possible to use a USB controller to setup for the PC version of this game?

my friend was suggesting the Xbox360 USB controller, but i wanted to make sure you can set this up in options. (i think something did mention PS2 controller)

AC9breaker
Oct 25, 2006, 12:44 PM
I used the xbox360 controller for JP PSU and it worked fantastically.

For some reason I am having trouble with US PSU. Like its not picking it up. Pretty annoying.

AC9breaker
Oct 25, 2006, 12:48 PM
Update

lmfao I see what the problem was, the middle connection for my controller was loose. Now I can play with the best controller ever made since dreamcats controller, Xbox360 controller!

entropyboy
Oct 25, 2006, 12:49 PM
excellent, that was what i wanted to here

Tazer
Oct 25, 2006, 12:52 PM
Yo.

the 360 controller is to plain white fer me; Im using an xbox S-controller.

had an issue w/the XBCD drivers, but I managed to get them to work and now everythings fine (it even works on OBLIVION for the PC too!) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tazer

BrandonBa2
Oct 25, 2006, 12:54 PM
Try putting straffing as Q and E

moonmonster
Oct 25, 2006, 12:55 PM
Great to hear, indeed. I'm curious, if you have any time spent not playing the game... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Do the analog triggers work? I could never get them to do anything useful in PSO:BB.

zemog
Oct 25, 2006, 12:56 PM
wuw wuw wuw! Ok, I decided not to buy PS2 version just because I have a 360 controller for my PC now which works fantastic for PSO.... before I get the game tomorow I wanna make sure I'm not about to make a mistake here.
AC9breaker and Tazer, did you guys need to do anything freaky to get it to work? I'm already using the XBCD drivers.

zemog
Oct 25, 2006, 12:57 PM
On 2006-10-25 10:55, moonmonster wrote:
Great to hear, indeed. I'm curious, if you have any time spent not playing the game... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Do the analog triggers work? I could never get them to do anything useful in PSO:BB.

That's why you need the XBCD drivers... the official microsoft driver does not make them function. Which is dumb.

kirinano
Oct 25, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'll be using my ps2-style Gamepad. I used it for Blue Burst and it controlled like a dream.

I keep hearing all these great things about the x360 controller. I might try one out in a few weeks, but I don't want to mess anything up now that I'm just a few hours away from getting the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

moonmonster
Oct 25, 2006, 01:14 PM
Ah, cheers! A quick google for XBCD brought up a bunch of useful info, thanks. Now I can finally make it so that my right analog trigger switches weapons, as it Should Be!

And personally, I find the xbox360 controller massively more comfortable than the ps2 one. I think it somewhat depends on your hand-size. Smaller hands probably prefer ps2. But the analog stick placement on the 360 pad is just right for me.

Tazer
Oct 25, 2006, 01:44 PM
Yo.

On 2006-10-25 10:56, zemog wrote:
AC9breaker and Tazer, did you guys need to do anything freaky to get it to work? I'm already using the XBCD drivers.

tbh it took me a few days or hair-pulling and swearing off Christianity forever.....I dont know *how many time* I installed/uninstalled/reinstalled to 1.3 or 1.7 drivers (and even trying diff other drivers available like the official M$ 360 drivers cuz I heard that THOSE also work.....WRONG!!), but near as I can tell it wasnt until I actually went into the windows/inf directory to MANUALLY DELETE the XBCD .inf & other related files that enabled that *LAST* install of the driver set to finally be accepted into my system.

and as a tip: I use Joy2Key for the pc-ver of Oblivion, and Im going to do the same w/Vanguard: Saga of Heroes as well.

heck, I just might reactivte my CoH acct now too, cuz I always hated using the kb for that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Tazer

AC9breaker
Oct 25, 2006, 02:42 PM
wuw wuw wuw! Ok, I decided not to buy PS2 version just because I have a 360 controller for my PC now which works fantastic for PSO.... before I get the game tomorow I wanna make sure I'm not about to make a mistake here.

All I did, was plug in, use install wizard, and then started playing. Thats it. My controller doesn't rumble, but from what I've heard thats a pretty common problem. Not a big one for me. I'll probably decided to find the way to fix that eventually sometime in the future.

AndrewLD16
Oct 25, 2006, 02:43 PM
Xbox 360 controller...

zemog
Oct 25, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-10-25 12:42, AC9breaker wrote:

All I did, was plug in, use install wizard, and then started playing. Thats it. My controller doesn't rumble, but from what I've heard thats a pretty common problem. Not a big one for me. I'll probably decided to find the way to fix that eventually sometime in the future.

TKS And to the others who responded too. I just wanted to be sure. And yah, I couldn't care less about the rumble. I'm actually glad ps3 controller won't even have it.

Rider
Oct 25, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-10-25 10:54, BrandonBa2 wrote:
Try putting straffing as Q and E

I was going to do that but I don't know what to change. You have to hold the left arrow and move to the side with A and D to strafe from side to side. What exactly do I change in the key config?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-10-25 15:59 ]</font>

Tankster
Oct 25, 2006, 06:23 PM
I hope to get an Xbox360 controller too...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 25, 2006, 06:25 PM

BUy the ps2 version and just download the pc version through torrents

jimmer411
Oct 25, 2006, 06:28 PM
i play with a ps2 style usb controller. im not a fan of how you can just press the button that you want for the desired command when your configuring it. and the numbers on my controller differ from the numbers from the pulldown list that they have.

also the lock on system bugs the hell outta me. i dont remember it being so annoying in PSO. locking on isnt exactly locking on, its a halfass lock on that its very easy to break the line of sight. also strafing appears to only be possible when your guns out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dein
Oct 25, 2006, 06:35 PM
I cannot figure out how to even pull down the button map to change my controller setup for the life of me. This is probably what I get for skipping the tutorial but could someone tell me how to do this?

-Break-
Oct 25, 2006, 06:36 PM
Click the PSU icon on the desktop, go to options, then controls...

Dein
Oct 25, 2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks, I overlooked that while I was trying to get on so fast.

Rider
Oct 25, 2006, 07:47 PM
Anyone know how I would put strafing as Q and E? Instead of holding the left arrow key and pressing A or D.