PDA

View Full Version : didnt get disk.......(pc)

Jade4r5
Oct 25, 2006, 01:00 PM
just bought it for the pc got home and found that there was no disk in it.......... gj sega back to gamestop i go.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 25, 2006, 01:01 PM
lmao...thats screwed up.

Agrias
Oct 25, 2006, 01:02 PM
Doesn't gamestop put the disc in? I know ebgames does and have had them mess up on that.

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 01:02 PM
lol!!! GJ SEGA proving my points one at a time..

kirinano
Oct 25, 2006, 01:03 PM
I'm actually glad Jade4r5 posted this. I'm making sure I check my box for the disc before I drive away tonight!

Garnet_Moon
Oct 25, 2006, 01:09 PM
On 2006-10-25 11:02, Agrias wrote:
Doesn't gamestop put the disc in? I know ebgames does and have had them mess up on that.

Gamestop loves to open video game boxes for display purposes, and then give you the "original mint" disc with the box and sell it as new and not used.

For all you know it's refurbished... but as long as it plays idc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-25 11:10 ]</font>

Callous
Oct 25, 2006, 01:15 PM
Hahaha, god that sucks. I'd be absolutely furious.

Saikyn
Oct 25, 2006, 01:17 PM
When I bought FFXI for the Xbox, that happened to me as well. So I screwed them back over for making me have to take another 30 minute trip and 5$ gas wasted. I wrote down the CD keys and gave them to my buddy who wanted to start playing on the PC, alas, he got a free new account andd din't have to buy the game or any expansions...my other friend also wanted to play sooooooo, i returned the instructioin manual they gave me as well and case, so i obtained a2nd set of cd keys to toss to my other buddy. oh doesn't it suck being your Square Enix?...meh they dont care they rake in milliions :

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saikyn on 2006-10-25 11:18 ]</font>

Shrevn
Oct 25, 2006, 01:18 PM
l2rn to open boxes at the store. That happend to me when i got madden 06. I blacked out learned my lesson http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 01:18 PM
LOL! nice! that's what yah gotta do sometimes.

pkazama
Oct 25, 2006, 01:42 PM
a while ago i asked for tekken tag tournament. It was suppose to be new. I was pretty pissed cus they said it was last one and the display case had to be the case. So i bought it for 40$ or whatever. I checked the cd and it was frick'n doctored. Doctored very POORLY too! Thousands of scratches in all directions perfectly straight showing it was done with some doctoring device. I was very pissed that it wasn't really new! I eventually gave that away to a friend and bought a new one sealed. It still worked but i dont like used stuff. specially when it was about 20$ cheaper or so.

Another time at EBgames I went to buy a ps2 game for a friend and it was the same situation. I said,"No, do you have a sealed one" he says "no it's our last copy. is it for you?" I said" no its for a friend" he said"well it's the same" i said "no, its a birthday presant" he said"we can shrink werap it so it looks new" my thoughts"screw you! you rude and lousy cheapskating manager" I said"no thanks" and while i was leaving he said"ok if you say so"
I ended up finding another store that had a sealed one for sale and cheaper.

DONT LET THEM RIP YOU OFF

BrandonBa2
Oct 25, 2006, 01:44 PM
Most used game stores do this practice. 99% of the time it goes unnoticed.

Disastorm
Oct 25, 2006, 01:53 PM
aer you sure the disc wasnt in it? when i opened my box i looked in and i thought there was no disc in it but when i removed the manual and brown box-thingy the dvd inside the crappy dvd jacket fell out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Disastorm on 2006-10-25 11:54 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 25, 2006, 02:04 PM
The packaging for the PC version is very ... budget. I thought there wasn't a disc in it at first, too, but I took out the manual, and the disc sleeve was inside that...

Agrias
Oct 25, 2006, 02:06 PM
If im not mistaken, doesnt eb allow its workers to try the games and then reseal them in a cheap soft plastic?

Disastorm
Oct 25, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-10-25 12:04, Kent wrote:
The packaging for the PC version is very ... budget. I thought there wasn't a disc in it at first, too, but I took out the manual, and the disc sleeve was inside that...

oh so thats where they hid it. I didn't know since it ust fell out of the box for me.

pkazama
Oct 25, 2006, 02:08 PM
not sure if EB and gamestop do that now. I heard about having to "borrow" new games rule was changed and now you cant

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pkazama on 2006-10-25 12:10 ]</font>

Pure-chan
Oct 25, 2006, 02:11 PM
...One time I bought a game (a new, sealed game at that...) and there was a copy of the "Enter the Matrix" movie where my game was supposed to be. ...I've also gotten dueling install discs, or multiple play discs with no install disc, etc.

So, while I don't buy a ton of PC games, when I do, I ususally try to make sure that the disc, CD-key, etc. are all in order before I leave. It's crappy having to drive back to the store ...and crappier when the store makes you RMA it with the publisher. =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-10-25 12:17 ]</font>

Aberu
Oct 25, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-10-25 11:18, Shrevn wrote:
l2rn to open boxes at the store.

L2InternetSpeak lawl...