PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone besides me doing Story Mode first before they play

ZeldaSerenade
Oct 25, 2006, 02:47 PM
Moderators, please delete this, mock me horribly, and laugh at me if this thread has been already created. I searched, however, and found no results, though.

In any case, I read the interview on the front page, and he said he recommends playing Story Mode first, and then going online afterward. I've played Story Mode for an hour so far, and I'm still debating whether I want to go online before finishing, or finishing story then doing Network mode. Should I finish story, then go online? Or just play online without worrying about it?

What is everyone else doing?

Rizen
Oct 25, 2006, 02:48 PM
Im playing through Story Mode right now. Although I beat the game on the JP version...I want to replay the game to fully understand it. Im still mad I overwrote my offline data...

BioWarrior
Oct 25, 2006, 02:49 PM
Id go online without finishing it but finish it before the online story missions come out.

ZeldaSerenade
Oct 25, 2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah, my friend beat the game on the JP version as well. However, I haven't played through it myself, so I wanted to beat Story before I went online so I know exactly what's going on.

DarkShadowX
Oct 25, 2006, 02:52 PM
I'm currently playing through Story Mode myself.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 25, 2006, 02:53 PM
Story mode = when online mode is unavailable

ZeldaSerenade
How long does it take, I wonder? My friend said he beat the JP version in 22 hours, but everything I've read online says it takes about 40.

Bobkitty
Personally, I'll be jumping online right away just to stay on par with my friends.. Though if none of them are on when i get my copy, then I'll just play the online a little and wait in offline for them.. really the idea to me is just to not leave my friends in the dust and not get left in the dust.

Rizen
Oct 25, 2006, 02:56 PM
Right now I waiting for my bro to use his CC info so I can get online. But for now Im playing Story Mode again.

StanleyPain
Oct 25, 2006, 02:59 PM
I want to play Story Mode for a little while first. I want to get the story and settings straight, which is kinda missing in the beta.

P4tta
Oct 25, 2006, 03:03 PM
deleted

ProfessorZ
Oct 25, 2006, 03:04 PM
I'll be play story mode every thurday hahaha

Ronin1of47
Oct 25, 2006, 03:14 PM
On 2006-10-25 13:04, ProfessorZ wrote:
I'll be play story mode every thurday hahaha

why Thursdays only???

Ill start out with the offline mode... than switch back and forth so i dont get left in the dust online...

uhawww
Oct 25, 2006, 03:15 PM
PSU Story Mode is almost as easy as Panzer Dragoon Saga...

Genobee
Oct 25, 2006, 03:24 PM
yea looks like I'm forced to play story mode because sega can't seem to get it's head out of it's ass.... I played story mode for like 20 minutes then turned it off cause the horrible voice acting was putting me to sleep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genobee on 2006-10-25 13:25 ]</font>

Skyly
Oct 25, 2006, 03:28 PM
On 2006-10-25 12:53, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
Story mode = when online mode is unavailable

Word!

rythmic
Oct 25, 2006, 03:32 PM
I got to wait till later tonight before I can jump online.

Just got done playing some of the story mode. gonna go back to it soon.

DavisMarkin
Oct 25, 2006, 03:41 PM
I made a decision to start off playing the offline mode, so that I could get a good feel for the system and where I want the buttons to be on my controller when I play online mode. I'd agree that the first chapter was easy, but that's a good thing. I needed to make sure I had a good grasp of the new systems.

Mikedot
Oct 25, 2006, 03:42 PM
I'll play the offline story first, then go online. Afterwards, i'll be hopping back and forth between offline and online mode until the offline mode is finished.

From then, I'll start doing the online story missions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikedot on 2006-10-25 13:43 ]</font>

Frog
Oct 25, 2006, 03:45 PM
I'll be playing storymode first, then playing online.

DangerMuse
Oct 25, 2006, 03:45 PM
This is what I intend to do once mine arrives (360 import).

One important thing, however - Is it any good??

Sexy_Man
Oct 25, 2006, 03:47 PM
I will be playing story mode first. Seems like a good idea to beat the story mode then pay the $10 a month for online service.

Realmz
Oct 25, 2006, 03:49 PM
I'ma gonna be playing offline mode until i finish it (gonna take like three days with me lol) so i get a better grasp of things (like grinding, and synthing...) and so i know what's happened when story things start online

ZeldaSerenade
Oct 25, 2006, 03:55 PM
Story mode is fun so far. I like the characters, and it's a great tutorial to get a feel for the battle system, the menus, the weapons, and *gasp* the story itself.

Yeah, I feel better about playing Story mode first now.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 25, 2006, 03:59 PM
online only, ill play story during maintenence

Tahldon
Oct 25, 2006, 04:01 PM
I worry about playing Story mode first and getting behind with my friends, but I'm gonna do it anyways, just becuase I don't think it's right to run head first into something I don't understand.

I believe everyone who hasn't played the game should go through story mode first, then there'll be no reason for people to ask anyone else questions about anything in the game online.

FenixStryk
Oct 25, 2006, 04:32 PM
I'm going to play, rush, and beat Story Mode before going online. I want to know the story, and unlock the extra content you get from beating it. (Achievements, anyone?)