PDA

View Full Version : PS2 or X360?

Kio
Oct 25, 2006, 03:13 PM
Well, i'm gonna go pick up a copy of the game today and i'm not sure which version I should get. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of both? And what servers are linked?

Thanks

Sizzors
Oct 25, 2006, 03:14 PM
*Snickers*

Flunky
Oct 25, 2006, 03:15 PM
Well, the 360 version you probably won't find today- it was delayed because of something silly.

The PS2/PC servers are linked in US/EU. The 360 servers are separate from PS2/PC, but are linked to Japan (edit: and EU, right.)

As for pros and cons, there are a bunch of threads about... sorry, just don't really feel like going over it all right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-25 13:26 ]</font>

Percival
Oct 25, 2006, 03:21 PM
I went for the 360 because I liked the Widescreen, International Community and Integrated Voice Chat.

It depends of what your needs are.

The PS2 version is 10$ less expensive so that's a plus. It should also have a bigger player base since your playing with the PC owners.

Do you have friends playing PSU? Do they own PSU or 360s? You should get the same version if you want to play with them.

There has been multiple threads on thins topic already. You should give it a look. It will help you make the right decision for your needs. I hope this helps.

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 03:21 PM
You got that half right Flunky.

PC and PS2 servers are linked together, and can play with EU people as well. Xbox 360 servers are isolated from PS2 and PC users, but can play with EU and JP people.

Also, evidently the PC version doesn't require a CD Key, so expect cheating to be worse there.

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 03:23 PM
well I'd say your probably going to get the PS2 version if your going today.. unless you stumble across the 4 hidden 360 copies.

Mikedot
Oct 25, 2006, 03:28 PM
*Cut and paste*

Pros of PSU on PS2:

Hassle free start up and play
Cross platform with PC players
US and EU servers connected

Cons of PSU of PS2:

Jaggied graphics
Framerate Issue
------------------------------

Pros of PSU on Xbox 360:

Sharper graphics
Widescreen/HD TV support
Voice Chat
US, EU, and JP servers connected

Cons of PSU on Xbox 360:

Current-gen graphics on a Next-gen system
Servers are separted from PS2/PC players
$10.00 more expensive then PS2/PC version
Voice Chat

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikedot on 2006-10-25 13:29 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 03:32 PM
Voice chat can't be considered a con unless everyone with the console thinks it is a problematic feature. You also have no place to say if you don't own the console to begin with.

Flunky
Oct 25, 2006, 03:34 PM
He listed voice chat as both a pro and a con, likely because of the opportunities for both convenience and finding the classic people who make voice chat painful. Of course that's where blacklisting comes in, but eh.

Edit: Heh, guess I looked at it a little too late.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flunky on 2006-10-25 13:43 ]</font>

Sindustries
Oct 25, 2006, 03:36 PM
Nevertheless, the attempt was amusing.

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
I didn't see it in the pro list before >_<

Too busy sucking at NFS: Most Wanted while I await my beloved PSU.

Mikedot
Oct 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
Well it's both a pro and a con in my book.

It's nice being able to work with your teammates more efficiently using headset, but it's also annoying to when your playing annoying kids screaming into their headsets.

Also, it's just an opinion.

EDIT: Nevermind, Zeta noticed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikedot on 2006-10-25 13:38 ]</font>

ArmitageQc
Oct 25, 2006, 03:51 PM
well u only have to do like me..private games with friends only...no more kids screaming.For me its 360 all the way.and i think it could have less non-serious players on 360 cause u hav to pay for live+hunter license.
But well if ya cant w8 ps2 is ur option..look like 360 is not up yet or i dont know...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ArmitageQc on 2006-10-25 13:52 ]</font>

Lnin0
Oct 25, 2006, 04:14 PM
No way is voice chat a con. In fact I would argue the voice chat is the one feature that far outweighs anything the other consoles can put up.

First off all - how many of you play with just random people. If you play with random people there is a small chance you run into someone who is an idiot, be it with a mic or not.

Idiots are not confined to the 360 and voice chat alone. Idiots are on all systems so the things you do to avoid them on the PS2 or PC also apply to the 360l

1 - group with friends
2 - leave random pick up groups you join but don't like
3 - blacklist idiots
4 - tell the idiot to calm down or the leader will kick them (providing you didn't join the idiots group in which case #2 applies)
5 - mute the idiot

I would not even be interested in playing PSU without a mic. Text chat and shortcuts cannot provide anything near the type of communication and coordination that a team using voice chat has. Sorry, you won't convience me otherwise.

The only reason I would go with something other than the 360 version is if all my friends were going to play on another system. Even then I would argue they should consider getting a 360.

Mikedot
Oct 25, 2006, 04:16 PM
Of course there will be idiots in the PS2/PC version. There are idiots and assholes in EVERY online game known to man. But it is far more annoying to hear an idiot or assholeon a mic instead of seening an idiot/asshole spamming or being a jerk on screen.

And of course, It's just an opinion. And that's like.....your opinion, man.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikedot on 2006-10-25 14:19 ]</font>

ArmitageQc
Oct 25, 2006, 04:50 PM
all in with Lnin0

RazorBlazE
Oct 25, 2006, 05:24 PM
On 2006-10-25 14:16, Mikedot wrote:
Of course there will be idiots in the PS2/PC version. There are idiots and assholes in EVERY online game known to man. But it is far more annoying to hear an idiot or assholeon a mic instead of seening an idiot/asshole spamming or being a jerk on screen.

And of course, It's just an opinion. And that's like.....your opinion, man.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikedot on 2006-10-25 14:19 ]</font>

Mute player Button? Anyone speaking on the mic in an abbusive way can be muted and/or kicked out of the room. This feature is xbox system based and not game based so it ignores that person mic no matter what your doing or what game your playing.

chewydawg
Oct 25, 2006, 05:40 PM
hey guys if you really want to avoid idoits on xbox live then do it!! if you dont its your own damn fault so lets stop hatin' lets start appreciatin' the great communinity we have here instead of fitin' on every thread. this is really pissin me off http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif .(sry i had to say the line lolz)

TheHutt
Oct 25, 2006, 05:43 PM
ok the man's question wasn't PC//PS2 or Xbox360... it was **PS2** or Xbox360....

PS2 Sucks!! If you can't run it on your PC why would you want to play the worst version of the game... PS2 was designed for Need for Speed games and NBA2K1, not MMO's.

I would definately say go with 360... the beta handled pretty well and had a good response. If my computer could run it I'd prolly get it for PC though.

chewydawg
Oct 25, 2006, 06:02 PM
On 2006-10-25 15:43, TheHutt wrote:
ok the man's question wasn't PC//PS2 or Xbox360... it was **PS2** or Xbox360....

PS2 Sucks!! If you can't run it on your PC why would you want to play the worst version of the game... PS2 was designed for Need for Speed games and NBA2K1, not MMO's.

I would definately say go with 360... the beta handled pretty well and had a good response. If my computer could run it I'd prolly get it for PC though.

lol this is very biased. oddly i would say the same thing.