PDA

View Full Version : source file corrupted.....

Jade4r5
Oct 25, 2006, 04:05 PM
while trying to install the game it goes halfway then and error comes up ssaying that the source file is corrupted? is this a problem with the disk or my drive?

Randomness
Oct 25, 2006, 04:08 PM
sounds like error with disk, not entirely sure...

entropyboy
Oct 25, 2006, 04:09 PM
with all the various problems we are hearing about, it sounds like installing the PC version is like roulette

Jade4r5
Oct 25, 2006, 04:11 PM
sega is really starting to piss me off first no disk now a problem with the disk i have

Hexadecimal
Oct 25, 2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah, Thats what happened with mine...

Rinder
Oct 25, 2006, 04:35 PM
I have the same problem. Get halfway through the install and it says a file is corrupted. Funny thing is this is my second DVD. First one I returned had the exact same problem at the same point. I'm thinking this might be a big problem.

Sir_Laguna
Oct 25, 2006, 05:18 PM
I actually had the same problem when trying to install PSU. It would get about 85% of the way through and then it told me the source file was corrupted. However, I rebooted, made sure NO other programs (including IM services, Anti-virus programs, etc.) were running as well, and it was fine after that. So try a fresh boot if you haven't already.

Sminger
Oct 25, 2006, 05:20 PM
easy solution that worked for me:
copy the entire contents of the DVD to your harddrive... then run the setup off your HD.. should work

Tystys
Oct 25, 2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah, SEGA is definantly fucking up any chances they had at getting a strong user base beyond the PS fans if you ask me...that is mostly on the PC side.

I know most of us PSOW will be trying for a while until we get a copy that works, but it's just going to piss some people off too soon, -_-