PDA

View Full Version : Beware the surprise inside

Zakuro
Oct 25, 2006, 04:37 PM
If you get PSU you may want to check the game before returning home (if getting it at a store) or you may not get what you expected. Especially if you are in Florida. Below is my story.

So I stopped in EB Games today before going out to eat. I had some old games to trade in so figured I'd go there rather than checking Walmart or other stores and it wasn't that far from where I was going out to eat at.

I get to the store and ask if they received it yet and just as the guy was in the middle of saying they haven't received their shipment yet, the truck with their shipment for the day came. He told me to hold on while he checked and about 5-10 minutes later I was walking out the store with PSU and an edge card with a couple dollars left on it.

I eagerly open the box (since I wasn't the one driving) to start taking a look at the instruction manual, and noticed it looked kind of empty. Usually when I get a PC game there is at least a few various things in it for advertisements of other games or other things that I rarely care about, but this time it was just the disc and instruction manual.

So I go to put the disc back in the box when I notice something wrong. I take a look at it and it isn't PSU, it is Stronghold Legends Disc 2. Luckily we hadn't left the parking lot yet, so we quickly returned to the store. The guy at the counter seemed really surprised when I told him what happened. I was worried a bit since I had no proof that it was the wrong disc in it rather than me just putting it in there, so didn't know if they'd give me a new one or not. He still had all the other copies the store had there so he opened one, which also had a Stronghold Legends disc in it. He proceeded to open the remaining 4 or 5 boxes, all contained Stronghold Legends. So he called up another nearby store and asked the person there to check one of their copies, which turned out to be Stronghold Legends as well. He tried calling Target, but someone new working there (his words) said they had it, but he figures he didn't check if it was the correct disc or not, just that it had a disc in it.

This was at the Spring Hill, Florida EB Games, not sure what location the one he called was at but it was somewhere in the nearby area. I have no idea how big of an area has the wrong disc in it, but it seems likely everyone that was on that particular truck (at least) delievered today are likely the wrong ones.

Tahldon
Oct 25, 2006, 04:39 PM
Wow.. how in the world could -that- have happened?

BrandonBa2
Oct 25, 2006, 04:39 PM
....That can't be good :-

RoninJoku
Oct 25, 2006, 04:40 PM
My friend had this problem too... And he returned it to the store... Went back home... Then opened his box... THE SAME WRONG DISC! In fact, every copy in the store was the same wrong disc. Looks like there were some big errors on the production line! DEFINITELY check your box before you leave the store... Or frustration will be abound.

(This was in Arlington Heights Illinois EB games btw, so it's all over the place.)

Caydence
wow.

princejake2
That sucks hardcore. I would be pissed off to no end.

BioWarrior
Wow with all these problems im tempted to switch to PS2 version, sega just cant seem to get things right.

jarek99
Oct 25, 2006, 04:41 PM
so the short version, you opened the box and the wrong game was inside.

Diablohead
Oct 25, 2006, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear it, reminds me of the DC days when instead of racing simulation monaco gp for DC I got the PS1 version in the box, this was after getting all the way home by bus. needless to say I had to bus all the way back and was not happy.

Phalynx
Oct 25, 2006, 04:42 PM
How does a game by a different company get inside a phantsay star box?

BrandonBa2
Oct 25, 2006, 04:42 PM
Oh god I just realized I ordered it online. If it's the wrong thing I will be uber pissed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Getintothegame
Oct 25, 2006, 04:43 PM
Haha, Nobody has these kind of problems in Montana...

I just need to check my PSU PS2 Version... and wait for my network adapter to arrive sometime next week.

ProfessorZ
Oct 25, 2006, 04:44 PM
ROFL TAFFY!

Koshiba
Oct 25, 2006, 04:45 PM
Eep, I live in FL. Maybe I should wait a while on picking my copy up.

FenixStryk
Oct 25, 2006, 04:47 PM
LOL, that's really great. Maybe Sega did this on purpsoe to encourage 360 sales. ;p

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Oct 25, 2006, 04:47 PM
That's fucked up, nothing wrong with my ps2 PSU lol.

Koshiba
Oct 25, 2006, 04:48 PM
I hate the 360, I actually hate the Xbox series period, so I'll be sticking with either PC or PS2 regardless. =p

FrogKicker
Oct 25, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-10-25 14:48, Koshiba wrote:
I hate the 360, I actually hate the Xbox series period, so I'll be sticking with either PC or PS2 regardless. =p

Errr...the OP is referring to the PC version.....

BioWarrior
Oct 25, 2006, 04:49 PM
You know, after the JP launch fiasco, I didn't think it was possible for them to screw up worse. Thats what I get for believing in them.

Neith
Oct 25, 2006, 04:51 PM
Haha, this is awesome. Worst game release I have EVER seen, by far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Gogo Sega, only you could pull this off.

Rider
Oct 25, 2006, 04:51 PM
I checked my box before leaving the store. I heard a similar story to this except that the disk wasn't put in the box. But a whole different game being in a different box? That's a major screw up. Someone is going to buy Stronghold Legends and get PSU in their box.

Koshiba
Oct 25, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-10-25 14:49, FrogKicker wrote:

And I was replying to FenixStryk.

rayis
Oct 25, 2006, 04:54 PM
omg lmao, im telling you this is all some kind of major conspiracy against the phantasy star series...

but wow what a major screw up... jesus thats just messed up....

specially to mess with a bunch of hyped up gamers like that... thats just freaking evil.

Zakuro
Oct 25, 2006, 04:55 PM

You're right. Sorry I wasn't really clear in the OP, but it is the PC version I bought. It seems they are trying to locate good copies to get shipped to the store for tonight/tomorrow if there are any nearby and they took my phone number to give me a call when they do actually have the game in.

I don't know about the PS2 version. The box that the PC version was in didn't include the PS2 one (they had to check the contents before they sold me the game so I heard what was in the box) and they didn't mention the PS2 version at all so they may not have received it or maybe just didn't get to the box yet.

Tahldon
Oct 25, 2006, 04:55 PM

What does that have to do with this situation? She's talking about the PC version anyway.

Lighten up on the -hate-. You act as though the Xbox jumped off of the shelf and kick you in the crotch or something.. *Shakes head*

Pitiful...

DarkShadowX
Oct 25, 2006, 04:57 PM
Thats one big ass conspiracy there, luckily for me my PS2 PSU had the right disc.

Kayai
Oct 25, 2006, 04:58 PM
hmm...damn....my brother is picking it up and has no clue!! It would suck if he comes home with some other game >.<

FrogKicker
Oct 25, 2006, 04:59 PM
On 2006-10-25 14:52, Koshiba wrote:

And I was replying to FenixStryk.

Oops, didn't see his post, my bad. o_o

Koshiba
Oct 25, 2006, 04:59 PM
"LOL, that's really great. Maybe Sega did this on purpsoe to encourage 360 sales. ;p"

I was replying to that and some of the other fanboy-ism I've been seeing here. And I just stated, I highly dislike the xbox series, calm down. I'm not allowed to state my opinion saying I wouldn't get the 360 version? You take the word "hate" far too seriously.

Ri0T
Oct 25, 2006, 05:05 PM
On 2006-10-25 14:42, Phalynx wrote:
How does a game by a different company get inside a phantsay star box?

Listen all y'all, this is sabotage~

I got 2 copies but only opened one, it had the right disc inside. I did notice the other box looked like it had been tampered with though, there were 2 pieces of tape on it, meaning it was placed on there cause the original seal was broken.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 25, 2006, 05:06 PM
wow, can people really be that dumb, maybe it was an accident. I live in Florida but I already got my copy just now and it is in fact, PSU so I guess I'm cool. Either way, what happened to you really must suck, good thing you didn't leave though.

Kaloa
Oct 25, 2006, 05:10 PM
Amazing. Of all the things I could imagine going wrong today, wrong discs in wrong cases honestly wasn't one of them. I feel bad for all the people that may have not bothered to check before leaving the store and ended up taking the wrong game home. It's so sad, especially when you consider how hyped up all the PSU fans are for this game. They're going to be extremely disappointed, not to mention furious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Razorback
Oct 25, 2006, 05:11 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................. ...........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how in there right minds would do that to their fan base?????????????? sega/ sonic team, that who

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 05:11 PM
On 2006-10-25 14:59, Koshiba wrote:
"LOL, that's really great. Maybe Sega did this on purpsoe to encourage 360 sales. ;p"

I was replying to that and some of the other fanboy-ism I've been seeing here. And I just stated, I highly dislike the xbox series, calm down. I'm not allowed to state my opinion saying I wouldn't get the 360 version? You take the word "hate" far too seriously.

LOL! he wasn't being a fanboy, he was making acrack because some PC versions have the wrong discs.. it was a joke..

You, on the other hand say "I hate the xbox series." That was 'fanboy-ism'.

As a previous poster said, pitiful.. You are sad.

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 05:13 PM

Good to see you found the basis your hatred with solid facts and logical reasoning.

FenixStryk was using a literary device known as HUMOUR. To, you know, lighten the mood. If you're going to take everything on the internet literally, you should probably turn off your computer. And in any case, keep stupid comments like that to yourself. None of us are running around proclaiming our preferences to the entire board, neither should you. ESPECIALLY without any rhyme or reason as to why you've made such a decision.

On to the topic; I really don't understand how a different company's game got inside a sealed PSU box. Meh, waiting a day for the 360 doesn't seem so bad now.

NickKicken
Oct 25, 2006, 05:14 PM
They better not deliver me stronghold tomorrow, or I'll be pissed lol

Koshiba
Oct 25, 2006, 05:14 PM
Nevermind, it was a bad idea to join this forum. All I did was get attacked because people misunderstand stuff on the internet. =/ Whatever then. It was just annoying when I just joined the other day and kept seeing annoying remarks in every thread I seemed to have browsed.

Tystys
Oct 25, 2006, 05:17 PM
Are the people in charge of the production line fucking retarded?

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 05:17 PM
Well, when you make a statement like that you'd best be ready for some backlash.

By the by, you're the one who misunderstood, which is what caused the reaction in the first place.

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 05:18 PM
TEH INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!

Sorry for attacking you, didn't mean any harm. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zakuro
Oct 25, 2006, 05:19 PM
It is good to hear that it seems to be an isolated problem. If anyone wants to call them for proof, their number is: (352) 597-5411. I'm not 100% sure this is the correct phone number, but using the store locator on the ebgames.com site it is most likely correct since I don't think there are any others that close and I'm guess all the ones around here have the same problem.

They did say they are going to try and locate a good copy (if any nearby), otherwise I'll have to wait for the next shipment (which sounded like was only a day or two away) and that they'll call me when they do get it in.

Koshiba
Oct 25, 2006, 05:35 PM
"Good to see you found the basis your hatred with solid facts and logical reasoning.

FenixStryk was using a literary device known as HUMOUR. To, you know, lighten the mood. If you're going to take everything on the internet literally, you should probably turn off your computer. And in any case, keep stupid comments like that to yourself. None of us are running around proclaiming our preferences to the entire board, neither should you. ESPECIALLY without any rhyme or reason as to why you've made such a decision."

Ok, how is saying that I don't like (or "hate" as it were) the X-box stupid? I hear stuff like that all the time on forums like this. I "attacked" the X-box not the poster, in return I was attacked. Now bud, who is the one taking stuff seiriously? Did I hurt your feelings? To bad. I dislike the X-box. Deal with it. Next time you attack someone for stating their oppinion. take your own advice and lighten the hell up. BTW I have very good reason for not likeing the X-box, I just felt it in appropriate to state all the reasons right now. Thanx Bobkitty for your appology, its highly appreciated

Yoiyami
Oct 25, 2006, 05:39 PM
On 2006-10-25 15:35, Koshiba wrote:
Ok, how is saying that I don't like (or "hate" as it were) the X-box stupid? I hear stuff like that all the time on forums like this. I "attacked" the X-box not the poster, in return I was attacked. Now bud, who is the one taking stuff seiriously? Did I hurt your feelings? To bad. I dislike the X-box. Deal with it. Next time you attack someone for stating their oppinion. take your own advice and lighten the hell up. BTW I have very good reason for not likeing the X-box, I just felt it in appropriate to state all the reasons right now. Thanx Bobkitty for your appology, its highly appreciated

Wasn't making a statement like that inappropriate in the first place? There may be stuff like that on the forums, but it wasn't in this thread. I'm sorry you're having a hard time but there are fans of all 3 versions on these forums, there's no need to add flame to the fire.

I'll make sure I open the box when I buy PSU tomorrow. I mean really, how could that have happened? I'd love to hear the explanation. XD

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 05:42 PM
np I tend to jump into fights/flames/whatever without a valid reason. in fact id much rather just watch ppl fight.. from now on thats my goal.. PSU SUCCCCKKS! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif j/k j/k

Nuke
Oct 25, 2006, 05:50 PM
Springhill Gamestop? O great.......why mine of all the places.....

BrandonBa2
Oct 25, 2006, 05:53 PM
Koshiba is what we call a fanboy ^_^

Phalynx
Oct 25, 2006, 05:56 PM
How can you have hate for a small electronic device? That seems a bit silly to me.

Disastorm
Oct 25, 2006, 05:57 PM
im in florida and i got the PC version fine. In the real box, there really isnt anything in it except for a manual and a dvd inside a jacket, which is usually hidden so u cant see it. Someone said they foudn their dvd INSIDE the instruction manual lol.

NickKicken
Oct 25, 2006, 06:01 PM
Who cares who hates what? They are video games...

I hate gamecube.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AugustWest
Oct 25, 2006, 06:05 PM
I got Stronghold disc 2 today at EB Huntington, WV. All of their PC Versions had it.

Tallus
Oct 25, 2006, 06:06 PM
oh well. at least segas quality controll is consistent..consistently lousy... i'm probably gonna get it for ps2.

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 06:07 PM
I hate Sega master system, because it jumped off my roof and dropkicked my grandma in the back, causing her to die a horrible death..

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 06:15 PM
On 2006-10-25 16:07, Bobkitty wrote:
I hate Sega master system, because it jumped off my roof and dropkicked my grandma in the back, causing her to die a horrible death..

Mine did that too.

Must've been a defect.

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 06:18 PM
See people, we've been getting defected consoles since way before the introduction of a CD to a console.

Damned SEGA didn't even do a recall http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Pikku
Oct 25, 2006, 06:19 PM
HAHAHAHA Think of this:

*13 year old buys game*
Kid: Mommy I cant wait to play this game when we get home!
Mom:Dont forget you got school tomorrow son.
Kid: I WONT! YAY I GOT PSU!!!!!!
*Gets home*
*Hears noises*
Mom: Honey? Are you ok upstairs?
*Mom goes upstairs*
Mom: GOOD LORD!
Kid: Mom! PSU wasnt in the box it seems. It was someting called playboy. I thought it was something like Play Online for FFXI and put it in and I see all of these girls doi...
Mom: Oh my...*faints*

zandra117
Oct 25, 2006, 06:20 PM
someone go buy stronghold legends and see if it contains a PSU disc.

Skyly
Oct 25, 2006, 06:23 PM
Man, does sega do anything right?

SStrikerR
Oct 25, 2006, 06:52 PM
so *snip*.....i cant find an adaptor in stores to play online!!! u suck u ppl who dont sell them!

EDIT: inappropriate language removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-10-25 18:04 ]</font>

Sonic646
Oct 25, 2006, 06:55 PM
On 2006-10-25 15:14, Koshiba wrote:
Nevermind, it was a bad idea to join this forum. All I did was get attacked because people misunderstand stuff on the internet. =/ Whatever then. It was just annoying when I just joined the other day and kept seeing annoying remarks in every thread I seemed to have browsed.

Get used to it, everyone at PSOW whines and complains about freaking everything like it's their job to do so. I do NOT remember it being this cheesy back when I signed up a few years ago.

SephYuyX
Oct 25, 2006, 07:59 PM
My friend's husband bought the game this morning and finally got it home to her, she opened it up and was indeed a Strong Hold Disk 2 inside, she lives in NY.

My copy was fine from OH.

Thrash777
Oct 25, 2006, 08:07 PM
Y'know, I reckon that disc was in fact PSU... and that the factory was printing on the disc the wrong label... I reckon those discs where burnt correctly, but labelled wrong... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Losodo1976
Oct 26, 2006, 04:36 AM
I can't believe I'm hearing this. This must be why they said it should be in stores by the 27th on the official website: because they gotta recall all the shipments... F*ck!

UltraDeeDer
Oct 26, 2006, 05:00 AM
This has happened to me twice when buying games on previous occasions.

I bought a game (can't remember it now) and it was the second in a series or somthing, and when I got home i reialised it was the prequel of what I bought. The prob was I couldn't prove that I diddnt tamper with it. A sad day. The second time I bought an issue of some Xbox magazine and the cover disc was a year old. I was less sad about that, but anyway.

Feelmirath
Oct 26, 2006, 05:15 AM
On 2006-10-25 14:51, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Haha, this is awesome. Worst game release I have EVER seen, by far http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Gogo Sega, only you could pull this off.

BB was only the training session, rit? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Wonder if there'll be any more coffee-related server shutdowns XD

Zabot
Oct 26, 2006, 07:22 AM
I got mine just fine, i went to Gamecrazy and they didnt have the PC ver, so i went to EB games and got it, it was fine, i was playing yesterday http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Miphesto
Oct 26, 2006, 07:32 AM
lol good....make the pc players wait just like the 360 players....take that

Rhoak
Oct 26, 2006, 09:40 AM
I just recieved my copy here at work. I ordered the PC version online through Gamestop. I was apprehensive as I opened up the box - and it was the right disc! Whew!

Arrow203
Oct 26, 2006, 04:17 PM
Yea... i had the same problem, but i decided to open right infront of the manager and boom whatcha know its the wrong disk, she called EB and they checked and they had some with the right copy in them so yea sucks

RamenEater
Oct 26, 2006, 04:24 PM
I wonder if sega will ever tell us WTF HAPPENED!

Neith
Oct 26, 2006, 04:36 PM
On 2006-10-26 03:15, Feelmirath wrote:
Wonder if there'll be any more coffee-related server shutdowns XD

We can only wait. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sounds like it's only a few stores that this has happened to, at least it's not most of the PC copies. Still, check your copies when you buy..

Zio
Oct 26, 2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Going to pick up the PC version tomorrow, and I'll be sure to open it up in the store to check whether its the right game.

caco
Oct 26, 2006, 06:39 PM
Is Stronghold Legends any good?

CaCo