PDA

View Full Version : Billing360: I'm confused...

Souppy
Oct 25, 2006, 07:06 PM
To be able to play PC/PS2 version online, you will need to buy a Guardians License from this website. There are currently two payment methods. First, you can buy a recurring 30 day subscription for $9.99. You will also receive a 15 day bonus period. Also, you can purchase a one-time 180-day subscription for $49.99. It comes with 30 bonus days. Once this subscription expires, you can buy another one. Please note that it has been reported that the billing site is rejecting international credit cards. People that are importing the game from North America should keep this fact in mind. XBox 360 players can purchase their Guardians Licence on the XBox Marketplace.

First, I must say that I'm totally confused. I'm used to pay via playsega.com but by reading what I saw on PSO-World main page (news above), it says that I'll have to buy my Guardian's Licence via Xbox Live Marketplace. Going to XBL Marketplace, I don't see any Guardian's Licence. Still, I have some questions...

1. Can I still pay via playsega.com if I'm playing on 360?

2. If it's only on Marketplace, will the 6-months Guardian's Licence be available and for how many points?(I know that it's 800 points for one month, so it should be 4000 points but I'd like a confirmation)

3. When will the Guardian's Licence be available on the Marketplace?

Thank you for your answers...

EC_Subbie
Oct 25, 2006, 07:09 PM
Well I followed the advice of everyone on this forum saying playsega.com so I registered there. I haven't seen anything on marketplace related to PSU GL. If it turns out I have to register again through marketplace (somehow), then yea I just threw away $10.

edit: ><.... ok I threw away $10.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EC_Subbie on 2006-10-25 17:15 ]</font>

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 07:09 PM
If you goto game downloads, phantasystar universe, memberships, it should be there and itll say if your in america 9.99 reoccuring or something.. 14.99 for CDN... I'm 99% certain you can't use microsoft points, and for a debit card it must be visa approved for example. I just used a credit card for ease of use.

Dukealicious
Oct 25, 2006, 07:10 PM
I would like to know too as for whatever reason i have never been able to purchase anything throught the marketplace(cannot figure out why it wont work for like a year now) and would like to do it through play sega.

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 07:11 PM
Go to the Marketplace. Then go to Games > All Games > Phantasy Star Universe > Purchase Guardian License.

It's available right now.

You cannot pay with Microsoft Points (it just charges the Credit Card linked to your Gamertag).

I don't know why you'd want to use Playsega, and I don't know if it's a viable option for Xbox 360 owners.

Souppy
Oct 25, 2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks everyone... you just cleared it all... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Beck
Oct 25, 2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah, i used my VIsa credit card i actually got my GL the moment it was up on the market place >_>;

Frog
Oct 25, 2006, 07:27 PM
Gaurdian's license is the only item that cannot be purchased with points on Live. Thus you are forced to use a check-card or bank-card. I have both, but I refuse to have monthly charges hitting either.

Until you accept marketplace points like every other company on LIVE, you have lost a subscriber Sega.

Bobkitty
Oct 25, 2006, 07:30 PM
Unfortunatly is isn't an option whatsoever.. Also I'm sure they lost alllot of subscribers due to that, which is most unfortunate.

Souppy
Oct 25, 2006, 07:31 PM
If you use points every month, you have some charges hitting monthly unless you load your Xbox Live account with 5000 to 10000 points in one shot. I got a credit card dedicated to gaming and another for my everyday expenses. Never had a problem. And most MMORPGs (if not all) work with credit cards when it comes to paying monthly fees... I'm sorry you miss all those good games for that reason.

Frog
Oct 25, 2006, 07:35 PM
On 2006-10-25 17:31, Souppy wrote:
If you use points every month, you have some charges hitting monthly unless you load your Xbox Live account with 5000 to 10000 points in one shot. I got a credit card dedicated to gaming and another for my everyday expenses. Never had a problem. And most MMORPGs (if not all) work with credit cards when it comes to paying monthly fees... I'm sorry you miss all those good games for that reason.

Nope, I purchased all my points at retail stores including my Gold subscription. A 1600 point card would last you 2 months. I like this method better, and so do millions of WOW players. I have never had to use my credit card on Xbox live.

Crusae
Oct 25, 2006, 07:36 PM
I looked on the official site and it said like 300 points a month or somethin like that,

Frog
Oct 25, 2006, 07:39 PM
On 2006-10-25 17:36, Crusae wrote:
I looked on the official site and it said like 300 points a month or somethin like that,

$10.00 would be 800 points. I hope Sega changes it to this. Points cards made LIVE much more popular than when you had to use a credit-card for everything. Another benefit of using points cards, you don't have to cancel a subscription. It ends when the time you paid for is over.

Souppy
Oct 25, 2006, 07:39 PM
800 points to get an actual Guardian's Licence... but it's 9.99$US (14.99$CAN) for the subscription... no other methods of payment for now.

Taichi
Oct 25, 2006, 07:40 PM
There is no MS points to be used for this game. It has been confirmed in the FAQ at PlaySega.com, once it's back up and running.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taichi on 2006-10-25 17:40 ]</font>

ArmitageQc
Oct 26, 2006, 05:19 AM
On 2006-10-25 17:39, Frog wrote:

On 2006-10-25 17:36, Crusae wrote:

$10.00 would be 800 points. I hope Sega changes it to this. Points cards made LIVE much more popular than when you had to use a credit-card for everything. Another benefit of using points cards, you don't have to cancel a subscription. It ends when the time you paid for is over.

Well what wcould be intresting its to have both option on xboxmarket..to pay with points or credits cards.hope like you they will think about it.for some pepeol its more easy to convince parents to buy a points cards and not using they'r credits cards