PDA

View Full Version : 'Funny' Photon Arts?

Lovejuice
Oct 25, 2006, 07:08 PM
Not a very big thing by any means, but a new update on the Official PSU blog (http://www.psusega.blogspot.com/) talks about Photon Arts that apparently can cause laughter (insert 'Newman Hunter' joke here?):

The reason we created Photon Arts was that we wanted to motivate the player to strive to use, and improve, whatever techniques they have! Among them there are many funny ones that we think you won’t be able to stop laughing at!

Has there been any evidence of hilarity causing PAs yet? I haven't seen any on the JP version. We've seen some novel looking weapons (Pumpkin Heads and "The Big Finger Gun" to name a few early ones), but the possibility of daft attack animations is all sorts of woah.

So that's possibly another cryptic hint on the blog of features to come, the first being the "engage a player" one, hmm - unless it's just a bad translation job combined with whimsical use of the Japanese language (as apparently this blog is meant to be a translation of the JP version - if the initial post is to be believed). Or simply the fact that we are meant to laugh at our character's greatness. Becase we are gods of awesome. And stuff.

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 07:12 PM
I vote Gods of Awesome.

-Break-
Oct 25, 2006, 07:19 PM
Sonic Team has a twisted sense of humor. They are probably sitting back and laughing while we struggle with their newest prank - the server errors and billing site

VanHalen
Oct 25, 2006, 07:43 PM
heres one the full moon dance it puts the poison effect on enemies from the gas

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 25, 2006, 08:30 PM
The knuckles photon art is funny, the one where it ends you jumping into the air and twirling then you land on your butt at the end lol

DMC_Dante
Oct 25, 2006, 08:55 PM
I like the double saber one where you hold it above your head and torpedo in front of you while spinning for about 50 feet. It's funny becoming a human missle of death

Stray_Mag
Oct 25, 2006, 09:08 PM
Taking your original statement as literally as I can, I've noticed that on my Beta Male Newman, voice setting 6 gives off a laugh occasionally when I use Techniques. When I get my hard copy of PSU, I may change every other aspect of my character, but I wouldn't get rid of that maniacal laughter for all the Meseta in the world.

Once I cast Foie 6 times in a row and got the laughter soundbite all 6 times. It even made me want to lol