PDA

View Full Version : Offline Story Mode is playable even without an ID.

Parn
Oct 25, 2006, 07:24 PM
I didn't check before patching, but I just ran story mode, and it does not ask for login/password details. Despite the authentication server being down for network mode, I have no problems playing offline.

Edit: Forgot to mention, PC version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2006-10-25 17:25 ]</font>

Rizen
Oct 25, 2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, Im playing Story Mode right now while I wait for my brother to get home....currently on Chapter 5.
For some reason Im flying through the game alot quicker than I normally do.

Diablohead
Oct 25, 2006, 07:28 PM
Chapter 5 already? damn psu offline wont last me the whole month wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Frog
Oct 25, 2006, 07:29 PM
Cool. I heard from many that you had to connect to Sega's servers to play the PC version offline.

PooChunks
Oct 25, 2006, 07:31 PM
Hm, It won't let me get on offline story mode on the pc without my game ID, and when I enter it, it says "unable to connect to DNC server." Any ideas/solutions to this would be very appreciated.

Parn
Oct 25, 2006, 07:32 PM
Hmm. Apparently this means the patch that we downloaded makes offline mode circumvent the login servers for our version, among other possible things.

Rizen
Oct 25, 2006, 07:32 PM
If anything I might be an issue with gameguard that prevents you from playing it offline.

Rizen
Oct 25, 2006, 07:39 PM
Well...whatever it is..ST might explain it in a few hours or so. Guess I wont be getting online until tomorrow. ><

Untrackable
Oct 25, 2006, 07:42 PM
I want to buy the game and then later join multiplayer. I was wondering if you had already connected to the server before trying to access story mode. Has anyone tried playing story mode before connecting to Multiplay mode?

Lovejuice
Oct 25, 2006, 07:43 PM
Which client version is the patched PC offline game reporting? 1.0004?

P.S. Parn, I love you forever and ever for uploading that certain 'Queen Antonia Bayle' to Youtube. She stopped me puffing up my cheeks and made the entire of EQ2 totally worthy of a place in the hall of awesome for all eternity .

Parn
Oct 25, 2006, 08:04 PM
Annoyingly, the US version does not display what version of the client it's running, network mode or offline mode.

Also, glad you enjoyed the video. While there were other funny quests, that was sadly the best part of the game.

BioWarrior
Oct 25, 2006, 08:07 PM
I haven't patched PSU yet and offline works perfectly without a playsega login ID.

Randomness
Oct 25, 2006, 08:18 PM
Good news if billing site remains down for a while.

watashiwa
Oct 25, 2006, 08:20 PM
On 2006-10-25 17:32, Parn wrote:
Hmm. Apparently this means the patch that we downloaded makes offline mode circumvent the login servers for our version, among other possible things.

There was never any protection to begin with.

I went straight to Story Mode before going into Network Mode and patching.

Parn
Oct 25, 2006, 08:21 PM
So then I can't help but wonder what Poochunks was rambling about.

DoubleJG
Oct 25, 2006, 08:25 PM
If all else fails, uninstall it before patching if patching seems to be the problem here.

kirinano
Oct 25, 2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Parn. Guess I'll jump into Story Mode during this downtime. Laters, all.

Rider
Oct 25, 2006, 08:27 PM
I've been playing the offline mode aswell. I was going to buy some time now that I actually have the game ( got the last copy in the store http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) but the site takes a long time to load and when it does it just gives me that 503 Temporarily Unavailable thing.

Randomness
Oct 25, 2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah... it takes a while to load... on broadband. NOTHING takes a while to load on broadband. Well,excluding videos, etc.

Rizen
Oct 25, 2006, 08:38 PM
You know what I think this is? I think its an evil ploy by SEGA to make people play Offline mode and play through the story or at least a few chapters. And you know what?!?!....its working....XD

Rider
Oct 25, 2006, 08:39 PM
I like Rizen's reason more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Offline mode is teaching me stuff and getting me use to the keyboard controls. I'm fine with them now except I still can't strafe. I can't figure out how to bind strafing to different keys instead of press + hold left arrow and then press A or D.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-10-25 18:40 ]</font>

Randomness
Oct 25, 2006, 08:39 PM
I think its overload. They should have reassigned servers to handle it or something.

Ether
Oct 25, 2006, 08:43 PM
If you can't get to story mode, look for the box in settings that says "do not save data on server" and make sure its checked

GyroidFanatic
Oct 25, 2006, 09:30 PM
Annoyingly, the US version does not display what version of the client it's running, network mode or offline mode.

Also, glad you enjoyed the video. While there were other funny quests, that was sadly the best part of the game.

Ctrl at the in-game main menu toggles it

Para
Oct 25, 2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah the only online connection you need is for the gameguard checking.

PooChunks
Oct 25, 2006, 11:04 PM
Man, I'm a fool. I just had it set so it saved to the network, therefore preventing me from logging in. Sorry, everybody.

Hajile
Oct 25, 2006, 11:20 PM
Quick question -

Does this mean we can play story mode , while the game patches?

Animasaki
Oct 25, 2006, 11:25 PM
For those of you who don't know, in order to play the story mode offline, you have to check the 'Do not save game data on server.' checkbox in the options before you start up the game.

Now if Sega would just get their account creation page up... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif