PDA

View Full Version : playing with a 360 controller on your PC?

Gdiz
Oct 25, 2006, 07:42 PM
what kind of setup are you using, i cant get the trigger buttons to work correctly. DLed XBCDand i cant really do anything with it. if anyone could point me to some helpful info on how to set up my controller so i can assign them to the PC PSU like they were on the 360 version, i got use to it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Frog
Oct 25, 2006, 07:48 PM
I am curious about this as well. I may even consider the PC version. I thought Blue Burst sucked even though I had a 360 controller because you could not map the controls the same as the console version.

Can you set up PC version of PSU exactly like the 360 if you have the USB gamepad? Or do you still need the mouse and keyboard for gameplay?

Trinitystar
Oct 25, 2006, 07:50 PM
Hummm I have been using mine all day no probs here.

Gdiz
Oct 25, 2006, 07:50 PM
apparently from what i can see you CAN set it up that way, but i cant get the triggers or buttons to register with the game setup.i dont wanna have to use like 2 buttons on the keyboard to lock on and switch through weapons.

Hexadecimal
Oct 25, 2006, 07:52 PM
Anyone have a good reccomendation for Control set ups for hte PC version on a 360 controller?

It seems with how I have it now, that there are a few drawbacks...

1. Unable to dodge and switch weapons very effectively. (Due to an utter inability to change which stick/pad does what)

2. Unable to lock on with a gun and shoot. (Or is this normal?

I'd much rather have it set up like PSO... Where the right stick isn't a camera, but an alternate means for menu scrolling... you know? But it seems that isn't possible... *flails at the fact he must poke hte pad with his tongue to scroll -_-*

Gdiz
Oct 25, 2006, 07:52 PM
is the default setup just liek the 360s trinity? i played around on offline mode for like a second and it didnt seem to work right, maybe its just soemthing ill have to get used to.

unitx
Oct 25, 2006, 07:53 PM
Try the official drivers.

Ecstasy
Oct 25, 2006, 07:57 PM
I am using the keyboard, and it actually plays very well.

Gdiz
Oct 25, 2006, 08:04 PM
what are the official drivers? do you know where to find them? i would appreciate it

jla35
Oct 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
does anybody know how to get the right and left trigger buttons to register? i cant seem to get them to work at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jla35 on 2006-10-25 18:20 ]</font>

Sinsko
Oct 25, 2006, 09:56 PM
You need the drivers - that came with the Xbox Controller - if you bought the "Windows XP" version of the controller.

It's on a cd - and it works great too - im sure someone has em posted on google.

infected
Oct 25, 2006, 10:04 PM
http://xbcd360guide.50webs.com/guide.html

MAGNUShunter
Oct 25, 2006, 10:08 PM
I'm runnign xp home.
After doing the auto-update for the new hardware, go to control panel and click on game controlers. double click on the "360 controler." Mess around with the buttons and it will show you what "number" each button/stick is.
Then start psu, and from the Title Screen go to options and then you can customize from there. You just have to go through the control panel (see above) frist if you dont know what each number corresponds to on you controler.
Hope it helps someone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-10-25 20:09 ]</font>

MAGNUShunter
Oct 25, 2006, 11:32 PM
or you could follow what infected posted. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-10-25 21:41 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 25, 2006, 11:37 PM
Try the original controls. The 360 controls are as follows:
A = Action Button
B = Cancel, Hold for Action Palette
X = Main Attack
Y = Secondary Attack
LB = Targeting Mode
RB = Switch to Offhand Mode
LT = Switch Menus (Mission Results, Simple Mail, etc.)
RT = Open Public Chat/Party Chat Window
LStick Click= Toggle Names
RStick Click = Switch to 1st Person
Start = Open Main Menu
Back = Open Keyboard Menu
B + LB = Switch between Items in palette
B + RB = Switch between Weapons in palette
DPad = Move through menus

Rhoak
Oct 25, 2006, 11:43 PM
Ahh, thanks Fenix, I've been looking for that configuration!

So let me get this straight, the offical 360 PC controller drivers will let you use the triggers in PSU?

Ba
Oct 26, 2006, 01:11 AM
One annoying thing I cant seem to get LEft Trigger to work, so I cant switch into Icon mode to finish my missions.

Anyone else have this problem?

Eviltaru
Oct 26, 2006, 01:33 AM
same I have to use the keyboard to help me get through into some menu >.< which is quite annoying but starting to get used too ... lol

Gdiz
Oct 26, 2006, 02:14 AM
thank you guys SO much for the help with this, i got it working pretty well. only one thing left to ask, how do i assign the trigger buttons to "targetting mode" and "offhand mode"

edit: and by buttons i mean buttons, not the actual triggers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gdiz on 2006-10-26 00:15 ]</font>

Gdiz
Oct 26, 2006, 02:24 AM
also, can someone take a pic of their PSU setup in the options. im looking for one thats exactly liek the 360 contoller and i wanna see if i got it right. i think i messed up the triggers and trigger buttons.

MAGNUShunter
Oct 27, 2006, 05:21 PM
Try these as controler options. It helped me out alot, esp with the camera controls.

-
-
-
-
-
x axis rotate
y axis rotate

moonmonster
Oct 27, 2006, 06:18 PM
If you use the default xbox 360 controller drivers, and 'default 2' option for PSU's controller setup, you'll get almost exactly XBOX360 control scheme. The only things different are that the analog triggers don't work: you have to use the Z and F12 keys (by default) to do what they did.

On the other hand, the Z and F12 keys don't do anything that important, so it's not a big deal, as far as I'm concerned.

myomer
Oct 27, 2006, 07:12 PM
I downloaded the xbcd drivers (earlier post in this thread is a good link) and tweaked the controls from PSU a bit (before entering the game). I'm pretty sure I'm back to 100% xbox360 like control, including the z key in the controller and the two triggers being buttons.

Very good so far, except for those who would want rumble (which I haven't tried and has been reported as not working).