PDA

View Full Version : free trial?

xToMx
Oct 25, 2006, 09:18 PM
im sure this must have been answered but i was searching for a while and have yet to see a post on it

from wat i gather, japan received a 30 day free trial without purchasing the game itself? not sure but i presume this is correct

does anyone know if and when you purchase the game you receive a free trial because i know that if u pay for 1st month, u get extra 15 days and 180days for 49.99 or w/e gets u extra 30 days or w/e

well my question is, do we receive a 30day trial without having to go and actually purchase the 1st month because i only played PSO-BB for like 1 week on beta trial like ages ago and cant remember and not sure if PSU is the game i actually wanna pay to play for but from what ive seen im really anxious on getting a copy and playing

can sumone please clearify this without flaming; thx! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skyly
Oct 25, 2006, 09:40 PM
correct me if im wrong, but u pay first then the days are added to your account. so technically ur getting a free month or 2 weeks, but you pay upfront. nothin like psox where you got 2 months free to try it out see if u liked it, then cancelled if you didnt enjoy it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sklyl on 2006-10-25 19:41 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Oct 25, 2006, 09:43 PM
On 2006-10-25 19:40, sklyl wrote:
correct me if im wrong, but u pay first then the days are added to your account. so technically ur getting a free month or 2 weeks, but you pay upfront. nothin like psox where you got 2 months free to try it out see if u liked it, then cancelled if you didnt enjoy it.

That's pretty blah right there. Another shit business decision on Sega's part. They're just batting a thousand!

Killuminati
Oct 25, 2006, 09:44 PM
To answer your question I don't think you get the free trial without signing up for a subscription. The servers are down now but I am pretty sure that's how it works.

xToMx
Oct 25, 2006, 09:44 PM
which kinda sucks cause i have yet to try it, FFonline had a 30day trial when you bought their game which was why i was thinking they did the same thing

not only do we gotta pay $59.99+tax for the game (cdn), but we also gotta pay upfront for the 1st month which we have yet to decide if we like it enough to p2p >_< another stupid thingie Sega has done on top of the whole cd-key thingie......they shoulda just given a lil paper with a free 30day trial thingie that u can use as your 1st month payment or w/e...that way people actually buy the game to get the trial and wat not...even though cheaper just dl the iso or w/e and buy a guardian liscence

can sumone confirm on this? sumone who bought the game and has actually tried logging in and wat not?

Skyly
Oct 25, 2006, 09:50 PM
On 2006-10-25 19:43, SpikeOtacon wrote:

On 2006-10-25 19:40, sklyl wrote:

That's pretty blah right there. Another shit business decision on Sega's part. They're just batting a thousand!

Yeh thats pretty dumb. This is going to be dumb with the new recruits.

AzureBlaze
Oct 25, 2006, 10:23 PM
The instruction manual even TELLS you that you get a free trial.
On page 14 it says "It checks for the free trial period"...so it looks like they were going to do something, then got greedy?

When I read the manual I was all happy...but now they got rid of it? Grr. You have to get people addicted to this thing with free trials, then they pay to play forever, hoplessly mired in endless fun...

BaZ2
Nov 4, 2006, 12:26 PM
This bs I just rented the game thinking the first 2 weeks are free. I guess no online play for me. What a bad choice by Sega. Anyone know if their is a way around this?

BaZ2
Nov 5, 2006, 12:01 PM
Bump

Xbob
Nov 5, 2006, 12:41 PM
The difference here is you can simply rent or return the game if you buy it.

Better to "waste" $10/$14CDN than to waste the entire price of the game and have it unreturnable due to a key, right?

BaZ2
Nov 5, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah , but when you plau through Xbl your User Name is the Key and says that you can use the trial. That is how Pso on Xbl worked it knew through your Gamertag.

ShinMaruku
Nov 5, 2006, 07:04 PM
This is first class fuckery