PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the new PSU

inthedark7
Oct 25, 2006, 09:50 PM
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions about the PC version of PSU:

1) (PC version)How do you control the camera in the game? is it in the style of lineage where you can control it easily with the mouse or is it more dificult like holding ctrl+arrows?

2) How is the PC population compared to the 360 population?

3)(PC version)How are the rest of the controls? How hard is it to play with keyboard compared to a 360 controller?(keep in mind that I can't plug my 360 controller into my PC[wireless])

4)How is the 360 version with all the japanese people playing?

5)How hard is it to set up a controller for the PC version if I were to buy one?

6)How are the graphics of the PC version compared to the 360? (Keep in mind I have a pretty good PC[3.2GHz HT, good GeFore4 card])

7)How is the lag aspect of the PC version compared to 360? I remember in the Beta of the 360 that people would teleport around often when moving.

Thank you in advance for your time, if you don't like my post and feel the need to "flame" me; please don't bother posting then, thank you. =)

Dunsanyu
Oct 25, 2006, 09:54 PM
3.)I found it to be fairly simple, didnt have any real problems after taking a few seconds to switch a few of the defaults.

5.)No problems at all. I was using controller first time I ran it, without having to enable it in options and what not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dunsanyu on 2006-10-25 19:56 ]</font>

inthedark7
Oct 25, 2006, 10:18 PM
I see
Anyone have anything about the other questions?(mainly the camera thing ^.^;;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: inthedark7 on 2006-10-25 20:19 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 25, 2006, 10:27 PM
On 2006-10-25 19:50, inthedark7 wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have a few questions about the PC version of PSU:

1) (PC version)How do you control the camera in the game? is it in the style of lineage where you can control it easily with the mouse or is it more dificult like holding ctrl+arrows?

2) How is the PC population compared to the 360 population?

3)(PC version)How are the rest of the controls? How hard is it to play with keyboard compared to a 360 controller?(keep in mind that I can't plug my 360 controller into my PC[wireless])

4)How is the 360 version with all the japanese people playing?

5)How hard is it to set up a controller for the PC version if I were to buy one?

6)How are the graphics of the PC version compared to the 360? (Keep in mind I have a pretty good PC[3.2GHz HT, good GeFore4 card])

7)How is the lag aspect of the PC version compared to 360? I remember in the Beta of the 360 that people would teleport around often when moving.

Thank you in advance for your time, if you don't like my post and feel the need to "flame" me; please don't bother posting then, thank you. =)

1. Don't know, sorry.

2. It's larger, because PC users are linked with PS2 servers. However, the Xbox 360 will by no stretch of the imagination be empty.

3. I'd assume a controller would be far better than a Keyboard + Mouse, but admittedly I have no experience (other than Blue Burst, where my guess is accurate).

4. I had no problems when playing with JP people in the Beta. I couldn't understand a damn word, but they didn't care. We were effective in any case.

5. Uh...I think it's pretty easy. I'm sure someone will link you to the XBCD Drivers; from what I've heard they're a lot more effecient than the ones the controller comes with.

6. With your set up, I'd assume they'd be about the same. The Xbox 360 supports HD though. *drools*

7. Latency is dependant on your connection speed, so it'd be comparable on either platform. Keep in mind though, that those were only Beta servers, and the retail version will run smoother.

I hope that was helpfull.

EDIT: If the camera is anything like in BB, you centered it with the Down Arrow. I don't know how you'd get it to pan around your character though. Sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-25 20:28 ]</font>

inthedark7
Oct 25, 2006, 11:10 PM
yea thanks, if anyone can elaborate some more, that'd be much apreciated!

DoubleJG
Oct 25, 2006, 11:12 PM
The camera is rotated by Q and E I believe. I recommend buying a $20 gaming controller and just using that instead, yet if you don't prefer that, Q & E(I believe) are the answers to your camera question.

inthedark7
Oct 25, 2006, 11:20 PM
that's silly...what about up and down? I remember being able to move my camera better in the beta...

A2K
Oct 25, 2006, 11:36 PM
I'd recommend getting a controller for this game. It's a cinch, since you can assign camera movement to the right analog stick. Otherwise, I think you'll need to press an arrow key (I forget which one) to center the camera behind/strafe or hold Shift+Arrow Key for all directions.

afcakey
Oct 25, 2006, 11:52 PM
1. Using the keyboard the camera can get frustrating. You can control it using shift+arrows but its still limited.

2. we honestly cant tell until its released.

3. its not so bad, but the 3 button limit will make using your handgun difficult.

4. don't know yet

5. Easy

6. Its comparable.

7. There was still skiping on my pc in busy lobbys. Universe 1 near the room -_-. But in feild i didn't see any skiping at all.