PDA

View Full Version : binding techniques strategies

galaxy
Oct 25, 2006, 10:10 PM
this came to my as i was planning my force's progression. because you get a bonus for binding like-elements to rods, that creates some strategy in how you should bind your technics.

i think i will ultimately bind each rod with only like-elements, so that i carry 6 rods each with 4 spells of only one element on them (i'll probably have a longbow, fan, and saber in my inventory just incase). so, ill have foie, rafoie, gifoie, and dosufoie on one rod, and so on.

i bet people will argue with me that each rod should have resta on it for safety's sake. but i've found that 1) it doesnt take that much time to switch weapons if you do it properly and 2) i do not plan on being the main healer if not needed (and even so, this goes back to point 1).

my other thought, however, was to set up based on the tier technic it is...so have foie, barta, diga, and zonde on one rod, then rafoie, rabarta, radiga, and razonde on another, and so forth...but i think i'd rather go with the former idea.

anyways, i want to hear your thoughts on this. how do you think you're going to set up your technics?

FenixStryk
Oct 25, 2006, 10:12 PM
If I were to be a force, I'd do it like this:
Attack Rods: Regular, Ra-, Gi-, Damu-
Healing Rod: Giresta, Shifta, Deband, ?

NiteOwl
Oct 25, 2006, 10:24 PM
I'm probably going to put like-elements on one rod, for the most part. That way, they're color-coded in my action palette and I can find the right rod for the right situation a lot more easily. Then I won't have to worry about having to have resta on each rod because I'll be able to find my light rod no problem. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DMG
Oct 25, 2006, 10:26 PM
This is pretty much what I plan to do as well. I personally prefer wands to rods, though I may keep an all purpose rod handy.

In beta I eventually had a wand for each element (the normal attack and the RA version on it) and one light wand with resta and reverser that I would switch to for healing.

I started out with a few wands with one attack spell and resta. (handy for extra resta PP if one ran out) As time went on and I was able to afford better equip/techs, (and as hunters became less dense http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) I slowly evolved to the element for each wand setup. I had no issues keeping up with healing, even as I was often the only force in the group.
Aside from the elemental bonus, having the weaps all a different color in the quick-select was handy too.

Natrokos
Oct 25, 2006, 10:29 PM
Plus it's easy enough to use mates.....I plan to link my elements aswell (except I want a support rod with +atk, +def, reverser and +Tap since I don't think you can get a bonus with them anyway.)

Stray_Mag
Oct 25, 2006, 10:36 PM
Given 6 weapon slots to cycle through, I think I'll give this a try:

For offensive magic I'll carry four rods. One each for Foie, Barta, Zonde, and Diga magic. On each Element specific rod, I'd use the Regular, Gi-, Damu-, and Buff magic of each. This is however susceptible to change should data come along later on proving that Buffs aren't effected by element stacking, but for the time being I'll assume they are.

For Parties, I'll most likely take on a "healer" role. When needed, I can gather the party and cycle through the afore mentioned rods and pop the buffs on the party. Then I'd switch to a rod with Resta, Giresta, Reverser, and some Gi- spell. I could augment the elemental base of the Gi- spell depending on the element of the enemies we would generally be fighting for a little more damage. Since you only get exp for the enemies you "hit," I could simply run into the fray, grab some AoE damage, then retreat to the back of the pack.

The final weapon slot is still up for debate. Possibly go melee weapon for soloing purposes though in the Beta, I still relied on magic throughout the majority of each level. There's always the offensive Light and Dark Techs to ponder over as well.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 25, 2006, 10:38 PM
I plan on something different. I will have single shot techniques in one rod like foie, barta,etc. for one weapon.
The spread techniques for another, then the multi hit techniques on another weapon. I'm still going to do the 1 healing weapon though. For me, this is so that I can switch weapons on the fly as to how ever many enemies are on the field.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 26, 2006, 12:00 AM
Well Stray_Mag, assuming when Damu magic is available online, you'll also have the Agtal, Zodial, Defbal, etc. and their lowering counterparts. Using Defdeal and Agdeal etc, will be considered tagging.

galaxy
Oct 26, 2006, 09:41 AM
keep in mind, strategies will vary depending on what kind of force you play. honestly, I'm not even sure i'll bother buying the debuffs, since i know i won't be using them. my force will be primarily damage, and missions move fast enough so that its only really efficient to do one or the other most of the time. (at least i think so).

BadYeti
Oct 26, 2006, 10:44 AM
I'm thinking about going with something like this for my basic setup:

1. Staff (main offense) - Diga, Radiga, Gidiga, Dizas
2. Staff (mixed offense) - Foie, Barta, Razonde, Dammegid
3. Staff (buffing) - Shifta, Deband, Zodial, Retier
4. Staff (debuffing) - Jellen, Zalure, Zoldeel, Megiverse
5. Staff (healing) - Resta, Reverser, Regrant, Rentis
6. Longbow - Ice Bullet

From what I've heard, I don't think that buffs and debuffs are affected by TP, so I similarly figure they probably aren't affected by elemental bonus. I like the idea of keeping them together so that I can quickly hit the four buttons on the buff staff and then can ignore it for the next five minutes. And I figure it'll help to keep the debuffs together so that I can run up near a tough group, hit the relevant debuffs as quickly as possible and then back out and get off that staff.

I liked the idea of having one non-magic weapon for dealing with high-MST enemies.

The only staff I plan on keeping single-element for the bonus is the earth one. I love the earth attack spells and plan on using them as my primary nuking staff.

And this setup would at least allow for one attack spell of each of the six elements. It also makes sure I'd have at least one single-target, Ra-, Gi-, and Da- spell.

pso123hrf
Oct 26, 2006, 04:13 PM
For me, I plan on having many weapons with the same elemental techniques. I wont say my TRUE plan because I need to test it out first.

Look for a fortecher named Kairi on:
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Summer Break
(that week in april we dont have skewl)

Knownoes
Oct 26, 2006, 05:17 PM
On 2006-10-26 07:41, galaxy wrote:
keep in mind, strategies will vary depending on what kind of force you play. honestly, I'm not even sure i'll bother buying the debuffs, since i know i won't be using them. my force will be primarily damage, and missions move fast enough so that its only really efficient to do one or the other most of the time. (at least i think so).

It might be a good idea to use and level up your debuffs for later on though. S rank missions might introduce enemies with insane MST.

Randomness
Oct 26, 2006, 08:32 PM
I'll probably decide to do four wands for attack spells, then one for healing, and maybe a bow for the final slot, with handguns/cards paired to the rods. Preferably cards.