PDA

View Full Version : I assume the PS2 version is much more stable?

FenixStryk
Oct 25, 2006, 11:50 PM
Seeing as how all the posts today relate to PC users whining about bugs and errors, I have to ask... is the PS2 version any better?

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 25, 2006, 11:51 PM
they don't know playsega is dead

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 25, 2006, 11:51 PM
omg i got through XD

excuse my ignorance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif time to start playing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2006-10-25 21:52 ]</font>

A2K
Oct 25, 2006, 11:53 PM
Considering most of the problems I've heard of stem from problems with PlaySega.com issues where both PC and PS2 players get their Guardians Licenses, I don't think there would be a whole lot of difference between PC and PS2 in that regard.

FenixStryk
Oct 25, 2006, 11:54 PM
Hmph. Guess it's still the same deal. What a shame. I suppose the 360 version won't have this problem since they don't need to sign up with PlaySega?

SirEldest
Oct 25, 2006, 11:55 PM
The ps2 is always ezier to make a game for because u can only have one version of drivers for it. How many different graphics can u have for a computer that meet the requirements for the game? or sound cards? That is why there is less problems for the ps2 compare to the pc.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 26, 2006, 12:02 AM
On 2006-10-25 21:55, SirEldest wrote:
The ps2 is always ezier to make a game for because u can only have one version of drivers for it. How many different graphics can u have for a computer that meet the requirements for the game? or sound cards? That is why there is less problems for the ps2 compare to the pc.

Such a great number of problems for PC come from people who know little or just don't undeerstand how things on a computer work properly. Not that its a bad thing but it helps fix tiny errors

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 26, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-10-25 21:50, FenixStryk wrote:
Seeing as how all the posts today relate to PC users whining about bugs and errors, I have to ask... is the PS2 version any better?

I dont have massive lag/slow down, and the graphics look fine. Pretty much everything "bad" I heard I havent ecountered, so it seems good enough, having a blast.

On a side note, I have seen slow down ONCE, when I was ina full party, attacked by a large amount of enemies using veyr pretty beam attacks while in a place that glowed all over (lol, sorry best I can explain) but after an enemy or two died it dtopped, and went back later and it didnt happen again, go figure.

PhantasyK2
Oct 26, 2006, 01:29 AM
Well - I just got done playing about 8 hours worth on the PS2 version and it is quite fun but it has one HUGE problem:

Slowdown during battles (with 4-6 people in party). It gets so bad it's like bullet time in the Matrix - makes it challenging to pull of your sword combo's. The PC people in my parties have not complained about it.

With parties under 4 it seems fine but what a shame because otherwise the game is gorgeous on the PS2 - both visually and audio with Dolby II.

DiscReadError
Oct 26, 2006, 01:43 AM
i was online before maintenance just happened and the game was just fine and i been on since 11 in the morning

Merumeru
Oct 26, 2006, 01:44 AM
XD yeah, the slowdown is pretty interesting, but eh, it doesnt deter from the gameplay for me, either way, no big deal XD better than buying a high-end computer

Weak
Oct 26, 2006, 01:48 AM
I don't really see how either could have more or less problems.

Their servers have the same problems. Only difference is that my laptop is bad ass and runs at 60 FPS. So, yeah. I don't doubt the PS2 is just as fun, though.

Sev
Oct 26, 2006, 01:49 AM
Haven't had any problems yet. Just enjoying the game, I knew where the login problems were comin from, so it didn't really bother me much. Although, I think they just took the servers down again because everyone I was playing with got disconnected and can't get back on. Maybe it's time to call it a night eh? It's been fun though, I haven't had any real problems on the PC... Just the whole waiting for it to install and download the patch.

My main problems was the controller configuration, it was so backwards throughout the tutorial. XD

Garnet_Moon
Oct 26, 2006, 01:51 AM
On 2006-10-25 23:27, Silver_Wyrm wrote:

On 2006-10-25 21:50, FenixStryk wrote:

I dont have massive lag/slow down, and the graphics look fine. Pretty much everything "bad" I heard I havent ecountered, so it seems good enough, having a blast.

On a side note, I have seen slow down ONCE, when I was ina full party, attacked by a large amount of enemies using veyr pretty beam attacks while in a place that glowed all over (lol, sorry best I can explain) but after an enemy or two died it dtopped, and went back later and it didnt happen again, go figure.

I've yet to see any lag either. PS2 edition here.

Weak
Oct 26, 2006, 01:52 AM
Yeah, the controls felt really awkward at first. Then an hour later I didn't have much difficulty with them.

Sev
Oct 26, 2006, 01:56 AM
I was... Pretty messed up for a bit there. I still can't use my back triggers as buttons which kinda sucks, but I'm not worried about it. My camera was completely ass backwards though... Left and Right was moving me up and down, it was ridiculous.

Then I couldn't read my mission complete messages cuz I didn't have it assigned anywhere. XD

Now I can't see peoples names though. Win some, ya lose some. I'll probably have to turn the Keyboard Control on to look everynow and then.

Weak
Oct 26, 2006, 01:59 AM
I assume you don't enough buttons to assign one to "Change Character Info display"?

Sev
Oct 26, 2006, 02:01 AM
I do, but I don't... The Triggers are assigned to the "Z Axis" or whatever... I'm gonna try going back to the XBCD page and see if there's a different configuration that will just let the triggers become buttons.

Weak
Oct 26, 2006, 02:05 AM
That's whack.. The only button I'm unable to assign on my controller is the PS2 R3 equivalent. Right analog button thingy.

But yeah, you should look into fixing that stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-10-26 00:05 ]</font>

Sev
Oct 26, 2006, 02:07 AM
It took about a good... 8 seconds to fix it. (5 of those was getting to the page to download the configuration)

It's all good now, just had to have the Triggers assigned as digital buttons and not... Triggers. Now my Select Button doesn't do anything. But I could care less about that. Now all that's left is to test it out, which means it's nap time because I don't expect Online to be up for a few hours.

OgSoulja
Oct 26, 2006, 02:09 AM
On 2006-10-25 23:29, PhantasyK2 wrote:
Well - I just got done playing about 8 hours worth on the PS2 version and it is quite fun but it has one HUGE problem:

Slowdown during battles (with 4-6 people in party). It gets so bad it's like bullet time in the Matrix - makes it challenging to pull of your sword combo's. The PC people in my parties have not complained about it.

With parties under 4 it seems fine but what a shame because otherwise the game is gorgeous on the PS2 - both visually and audio with Dolby II.

i just finishing playing like 12 hours worth today of the ps2 version lol and ive been in groups with 6 people no slow down just minor lag hen 10 mobs jumps us. I think you should check your connections buddy. No slow downs yet for me, and the graphics is beautiful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OgSoulja on 2006-10-26 00:11 ]</font>

PhantasyK2
Oct 26, 2006, 09:18 AM
On 2006-10-26 00:09, OgSoulja wrote:
[quote]On 2006-10-25 23:29, PhantasyK2 wrote:

i just finishing playing like 12 hours worth today of the ps2 version lol and ive been in groups with 6 people no slow down just minor lag hen 10 mobs jumps us. I think you should check your connections buddy. No slow downs yet for me, and the graphics is beautiful.

My connection is flawless - I get 800Mbps down and 300Mbps up.

I'm guessing you only partied on the Guardian ship because that was fine for me also. It wasn't until I hit Parum and the grass field missions that things chugga chugged - there was another PS2 user in our party who was complaining of the same thing.

I agree with you; however, that the graphics do indeed look better than expected. First person view could use some work as it degrades but not bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhantasyK2 on 2006-10-26 07:19 ]</font>

Varo
Oct 26, 2006, 09:26 AM
I must have been extremely lucky. I got home registered with Playsega easily. Seriously I had absolutly no issues registering with Playsega at all; took 5 minutes. Booted up the game in the PS2 and logged in immediatly. Ran through the tutorial, etc, etc, all that good stuff.

The controls did feel rather awkward at first, most of which related to camera controls. I reversed the camera control directions so it matched FFXI's camera controls. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I also named my PM "Moogle". Yes, i'm a sad sad person. Seriously though, the only issue I have with the PS2 version is the slowdown that occurs when you have 6 people with you in combat. The slow down is quite significant and I wished they would have worked on optimization before releasing. It's alright though, the PC version may rectify this problem.

I'm still confused about the chat system though. I need to stop being dumb and read the manual.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Varo on 2006-10-26 07:27 ]</font>

kirinano
Oct 26, 2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah, aside from the billing site issue (and this sort of stuff ALWAYS happens with online launches) I had a nice, smooth experience last night. I'm on pc, fyi, but yeah this game runs great. I have a decent pc (1.5 gb ram, 256 mb ati vc) so I'm able to max just about everything out and its flawlessly smooth. However, because of the billing site issue (which I found out about AFTER I logged to tweak settings) I only got to play the network tutorial and socialize a bit in the city. I did try it this morning before leaving and it connected just fine. Looking forward to tonight!!!