PDA

View Full Version : Lets not forget!

Dunsanyu
Oct 26, 2006, 12:11 AM
Well Im off to work for the night and I wish everyone luck with getting somewhere in all the billing site/ auth server mess thats going on. However in all the discussion about the intial problems and PC version not having a key, 360 users flaming PC/PS2 users on their choice blah blah..and such, Lets all remeber the important thing.

Bugs and all we finally have the game, or are getting it within a day or so. I remeber when I first heard PSU in the works long ago and I could'nt wait. When its all said and done, we have it, were all going to get to play online soon (hopefully) and thats something to be glad about regardless of the misc issues that have arisen Day 1.

Anyway be patient and dont get too frustrated, go play offline mode or whip out your old copy of PSO for GC and even DC.

Paperluigi
Oct 26, 2006, 12:12 AM
Agreed, but the launch could have gone much smoother than this.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 26, 2006, 12:17 AM
I haven't seen any 360 users flaming PC/PS2 users... am I missing something?

Numnuttz
Oct 26, 2006, 12:17 AM
well said. im just happy the game is acutally out. ive waited for a long time for this game and im just happy i get to play it. i only wish i had more time for it than i do now.

FenixStryk
Oct 26, 2006, 12:20 AM
There's been isolated cases of 360 users flaming/trolling PC users, since the PC users laughed at them for being the red-haired orphan child, but overall, it's not as bad as GameFAQs/GameSpot.
The launch could've been MUCH better. I really don't know where to start on how Sega/ST messed up.
That said, it's still a great moment in history.

drmcst45
Oct 26, 2006, 01:31 AM
On 2006-10-25 22:12, Paperluigi wrote:
Agreed, but the launch could have gone much smoother than this.

They've never had a smooth launch.

Gamecube/PSO:BB both had issues with signing up for a license on teh first day because everyone spammed the server you had to get on to purchase the license and it was too much.

This aint new to me

drmcst45
Oct 26, 2006, 01:32 AM
unless of course you're talking about ps2/PC users logging on and getting other people's characters...

that's something that needs fixing FAST!!

Zakuro
Oct 26, 2006, 01:34 AM
The launch certainly could have gone better, but in a week or two people won't even be thinking about the problems that are there currently as they'll be too busy playing or posting about gameplay things rather than the problems/bugs/etc.

Sev
Oct 26, 2006, 01:38 AM
This launch went alot better then the first time...

I didn't have too many problems personally, so for me it was pretty decent. The only time I had a problem was when I logged out. After that, it took awhile to get back in, but that was to be expected because people were just tryin to hammer there way in. I read a little LH, then tried again and got on without a problem.

We haven't had any of the bigger problems that happened in the beta and in the JP launch, so we're gettin off luckier then I expected.