PDA

View Full Version : Symbol Chat Archive?

Polenicus
Nov 14, 2002, 01:00 AM
This may seem like a stupid, STUPID question, but is there an archive of symbol chats out there? Maybe some place that has a tutorial or something? I had a few neat symbols that I made by dissecting captured symbols, figuring out how they did stuff (Like anime-style eyes) and making my own with what I learned. But I've forgotten it all, and my Dreamcast version is long long gone.

So I'm hoping there's a website that has that stuff? I don't want to plagerize, but I DO want to learn some techniques so my symbolchats don't always look so dumb.

Ruby-chan
Nov 14, 2002, 08:18 PM
It's not a stupid question at all, but the thing is I think it's kinda hard to get snapshots of the variety of chats without someone basically opening themselves to having someone copy every one of their little chats. What I can suggests is that you look at the face parts and just try to get creative as possible. Each one of those marks can be a wide variety of things if just experiment with them. The only other thing I can say is faces that are looking straight at the screen ala the defaults are /very/ booring, and unless you do a lot of sprucing up, they're going to stay that way. See if you can get a round face to look like it's looking in different directions and they look much more appealing.

LollipopLolita
Nov 14, 2002, 08:20 PM
if you have a few symbol chats to be proud off, let us know, we can arrange a meeting and take pics so that your symbol chat can be added to our new symbol chat gallery.

Hana
Nov 14, 2002, 09:48 PM
Ahh well, I guess it's time to break out a few secret JP links that I liked...:

http://home3.highway.ne.jp/ranta/hexagon/ojaru/pso/sc_scgal.htm
From the same person who made the "FOnewmaker Offline" FOnewearl KiSS-doll set (^^), has an assortment of cute & cool chats photographed by friends (i.e. SNK chars, etc...). Make sure you DO click the forward buttons in each section; its kinda hidden, but you'll see more chats that way.

http://yu.sakura.ne.jp/~hama_da/pso/chat/index.html
So far my favorite chat symbol archive (and not just because she's also a JP Powerpuff fan... ^^;;). Her snapshots are kinda lo-rez (presumably from the DC's internal snapshot option), but are fairly viewable enough to copy off.

http://www15.xdsl.ne.jp/~tot-ntx/mahodo/symbol/index.html
This archive mainly focuses on Oja Majo Doremi chats (a magical girl anime series which I just can't understand its popularity... =P ). But that's OK! They're still sooooo kawaii... ^^ I consider this archive one of the cutest ones ever. Some of the pics suffer from interlacing jitter, but you can still decpiher most of them, so its not too bad.

I had my own symbol chat page one time. I might resurrect it again, even though i'm kinda reluctrant to make my symbols trendy (yeah, i was one of those people who were uptight about symbol chat stealers -- I could care less about any harmful/misbalancing cheat in DC PSO, its just that symbol stealing code that made me soooo paranoid to show off in lobbies back then... XD )

Auronius
Nov 14, 2002, 10:55 PM
Those sites rule!

Ruby-chan
Nov 14, 2002, 11:42 PM
Oh wow, those are some really amazing ones... Well.. I guess you could photograph mine hello chat if you'll add it, though I'm not sure it's good enough to go ahead and put on any gallery page after looking at those symbol chats.

LollipopLolita
Nov 14, 2002, 11:49 PM
don't worry about it ruby, we want variety! don't be shy!

DarthWufei
Nov 15, 2002, 12:19 AM
The Japanese are so detailed. @_@ Yeesh!

Ruby-chan
Nov 15, 2002, 01:00 AM
They're also more obsessed over this game that most people over here are. Anyway, yeah I guess it'd be nice to add my symbol to the archive, so what's a good time to show up to get it taken, or do you just want to PM me a time? (Or yanno, ya might post a general meet to archive a bunch of chats at once..)

LollipopLolita
Nov 15, 2002, 01:58 AM
pm me, or show up right around the contest this saturday.

-Nemesis_
Nov 15, 2002, 02:08 AM
Do you know what we need? a symbol chat maker emulator. take the basic shapes from the GC SC maker and try making your own on the pc. why? cause i'm bored.

Mazarin
Nov 15, 2002, 02:26 AM
Man... I can't wait. I need to make my mandatory Darth Mual http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif