PDA

View Full Version : What the (PSO) world needs

-Nemesis_
Nov 14, 2002, 01:20 AM
A Help-a-Newb foundation. a place where people could donate old items and weapons for a little meseta and someone would give it to a Newb-in-need. I'm no newb, and i dont need this, but there would be less whining about "can i have stuff" and the like. But that would be too easy wouldn't it.
Reply your own idea like this if you want.

ABDUR101
Nov 14, 2002, 01:40 AM
If you mean for this to be an addition to the site, I'll move it to Site Related for you. It doesn't seem like a rant. =)

I think it's an interesting twist though really. When I used to play, I'd hoard the best items I found but did'nt want for anyone I'd come across online during the night. I'd have my bank and my character maxed out with meseta and items.

Of course I was always(and thankfully) cleaned out by morning, but it was nice giving someone a Red Handgun so they could atleast stand a chance against enemies offline and online with friends, expecially when I'd sometimes find 3 or 4 a day and not need them.

Even stuff like a Charge Launcher, or a regular weapon with nice %'s and special ability would be nice.

I'll move this to Site Related for you, but I think the Trade area is where this would fall under. Maybe you could make a thread labeled something to the effect of "Item/Weapon Donation for Newbies" and just give a list of items you can give out, then tell them when you'll go online, or even setup a meeting on the PSOW block(Antares/08). Anyone who has any items to trade can post their list, and update it every few days or even once a week. The weekend could be a time for everyone to get together, give out needed items, play afew games together and so on.

I think the best part of PSO was always helping lower lvl characters.

*moves to Site Related for better feed back*

-Nemesis_
Nov 14, 2002, 08:20 PM
Thank you very much. i would love to really do this, and i also love to help someone out. i just wish i had help. i may actually do that.

LollipopLolita
Nov 14, 2002, 08:27 PM
it's a great idea, i don't know how easily it'll be to execute this though

pixelate
Nov 14, 2002, 08:48 PM
Why not have something like this during Saturday's get-together. The vets could help out the new players that show up.

Darrin
Nov 17, 2002, 10:16 AM
If I dont need it I just sell it