PDA

View Full Version : How important is weapon Acc?

Wallin
Oct 26, 2006, 10:11 AM
The three varieties of weapons in shops always have me confused. Obviously PP and ATP are important, but important enough to compromise over ACC?

Is there a "best" weapon for each set of three weapons, even though they're all the same price? Does anyone notice that one stat is more significant over the others (I.E., with the X ACC weapon your hits will connect 9/10 times, whereas the Y ACC weapon only does so 5/10 times, the ATP for X weapon does 30 more damage than Y weapon, etc.).

Flunky
Oct 26, 2006, 10:21 AM
Well, in my opinion the GRM weapons I'd try to avoid unless the equipper is a cast. They have no 'high' attributes and low ATA.

GRM- Avg. PP, avg. ATP, low ATA.
Yohmei- High PP, low ATP, avg. ATA.
Tenora- Low PP, high ATP, high ATA.

For regular attacks Tenora seems like it'd be the best, but Yohmei tends to be the most popular choice for a few different reasons. The higher PP makes a big difference for any style of weapon, unless you just don't like using PAs for melee. Some Yohmei weapons seem to apply melee status effects, though little is confirmed about this. Until Moatoob is opened up, you can't upgrade Tenora weapons.

Perhaps with upgrades Tenora weapons will be more viable, but as it is GRM just doesn't have much ATA and you can grind a Yohmei weapon to give it the power of a Tenora weapon (and more).

And just so you know, if you play a certain way ATA isn't as important- you can't miss a monster if you're attacking it from behind.

In the end, though, it really boils down to your playstyle. Would you prefer lots of special moves? High power hits with a little less flourishing? A bit of an average?

Wallin
Oct 26, 2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the advice, Flunky. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The Tenora brand always discourages me slightly because of the large PP dive between looking at the weapon types, but I think that overall it is also the one I would pick because it seems the most balanced. Low ATP is also just unbearable, so I don't really look at the Yohmei ones at all. It was mostly a toss up between GRM and Tenora, but the low acc seems to be a bit too much - as a Force in beta I was hitting 0's a lot with my weapons and that was a bit annoying. Tenora it is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

afcakey
Oct 26, 2006, 10:30 AM
i went with GRM. I rolled a beast and just decided i'd do everything to up my ap, i figure even if i do het 0s when i don't itll rock.

Flunky
Oct 26, 2006, 10:40 AM
One thing to keep in mind is that weapons grind in different ways (details on PSUpedia).

Another thing to keep in mind just how potent grinding is. It -won't- improve ATA, but it will improve ATP and PP a fair amount. In my beta experience, a Yohmei weapon grinded 3 or 4 times will have the ATP of a Tenora weapon and sometime over twice the amount of PP (but still a little less ATA). So if you've got grinders and don't mind the occasional broken weapon, I'd suggest buying and upgrading Yohmei weapons until we can go to Moatoob.

AnimalMachine
Oct 26, 2006, 10:50 AM
Also, do the different brand of weapons recharge PP at a different rate?

Sammy
Oct 26, 2006, 10:53 AM
I don't really understand the details on PSUpedia. What are those constants (base increments)?
You might be right about Yohmei having more ATP when ground(wtf?), but if GRM weapons were to be ground(wtf?) it'd have more ATP than a Yohmei. I'm saying this because I don't really understand the equations given on PSUpedia.

Flunky
Oct 26, 2006, 11:04 AM
To be honest, I don't know the base increments either. It does give a bit of an idea in terms of comparing which company is better for upgrading which stat, assuming base increments tend to be relatively similar. For now all I can say for sure is that grinding is good. Very good.

My Yohmei grinding comparison with Tenora is based on beta experience, so it should hold true to the full release. 3 or 4 grinds (maybe 5, my memory is a bit fuzzy on which number exactly) will give a Yohmei weapon the base power of a Tenora one. Of course this means that grinding a Tenora weapon should handily overpower Yohmei, but since we can't yet grind Tenora it's a moot point (for now). GRM will indeed beat out Yohmei in ATP, but the big problem with GRM is low ATA- and ATA is not improved with grinding.

Once we can grind Tenora weapons a better balance of deciding which weapon to use can be formed, but for now Yohmei is best, barring a few exceptions such as race ATA or certain weapons which you may not need quite that much PP for. In the beta I went with a GRM pistol, as being a cast meant my accuracy wasn't terrible, and I never really fired it enough to run out of PP.

I think different companies recharge PP at different rates, but I didn't do any proper research to back that supposed observation.

Diablohead
Oct 26, 2006, 11:18 AM
ata will be more important on harder mobs, right now at low levels you can easily go for power and only miss 1 in 5 times, whats not bad tbh because the extra damage makes up for it.

Babiesonfire
Oct 26, 2006, 12:06 PM
Basically if you're a CAST or any other race that had previous RANGER [figunner, etc] experience, ATA doesn't matter much because your base ATA will be high. Me being a Beast Fortefighter ATA starts to become a problem because we not only have low ATA to start with, but our level ups don't give much. Being able to hit high is not as good as being able to hit consistantly.