PDA

View Full Version : Initial reaction of PSU

Regoris
Oct 26, 2006, 10:07 AM
I played 360 beta and loved it. The game was vivid and very colorful.

I ended up buying the PC version because I rather play on my computer and when I started it up (after the FMV) my god this game looks astounding. So crisp and smooth, no slowdown at all. It doesn't use some of the advanced physics you may see in other games but everything it does do, it does it well. Currently I am on offline mode and loving the story. Karen's skirt is unbelievably short but other than that no gripes here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I'll prob go online next week or so when I finish offline mode.
In closing.

Visuals - A+

StrykerShaka
Oct 26, 2006, 10:25 AM
yes

kirinano
Oct 26, 2006, 10:27 AM
I agree - and I love the music too. You said it well, Regoirs. While it doesn't use the very latest graphics/rendering effects, it is still an artistically beauitful game, a real joy to look at and play.

Agrias
Oct 26, 2006, 10:45 AM
Amen.

RussInDaHill
Oct 26, 2006, 10:47 AM
wtf...my game looks very choppy...i have a descent vid card...but a lot of times the chars feet and hands don't line up with their arms and legs....wth?

Pure-chan
Oct 26, 2006, 10:57 AM
On 2006-10-26 08:07, Regoris wrote:
I played 360 beta and loved it. The game was vivid and very colorful.

I ended up buying the PC version because I rather play on my computer and when I started it up (after the FMV) my god this game looks astounding. So crisp and smooth, no slowdown at all.

= Very Yes.

Raikku
Oct 26, 2006, 11:10 AM
yes it is amazing

Kjeldor
Oct 26, 2006, 11:15 AM
WEll ive played 5 and a half hours on story mode now and this is where im at.

Ethan Waber Lv. 12
Chapter 4 Before Main mission.
Have my PM and its synthesis kit.

Weapons: Twin Saber with 4 C Class Grinder +3
: Brand and PowerGun
: Staff
Armor The one that has +21 Def and +18 Evp on ur original armor.

Techs :Rising Strike Lv.9
Rising Crush Lv.11
Foie Zonde Barta Resta Lv.1

Initial responses to gameplay.
Treasure to Difficulty Ratio: I Really enjoy that you get ample reward exp and meseta/item wise from monsters thus far and have the correct difficulty to do it.

AI: Well for once the AI can actually fight good the only thing i wish they would do is heal themselves more often >.<.

Stat Gain from Leveling: I enjoy this because you gain more stat for your leveling compared to PSO and makes you want to go further along.

Mission Length:In the Chapters they have a good healthy mission length and the Free Missions are good too.

Job Leveling: HOLY F$%^!!! Much much much longer of a process then i thought. Getting Lv 5 hunter and Lv 3 Ranger will take some time whenever i get online.

Overall i give this game 9/10 Its not 100% perfect but its a pretty damn amazing game. Lived up to its name id say.

Raikku
Oct 26, 2006, 11:22 AM
hehe glad you're enjoying it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Axel3792
Oct 26, 2006, 11:24 AM
On 2006-10-26 09:15, Kjeldor wrote:

Treasure to Difficulty Ratio: I Really enjoy that you get ample reward exp and meseta/item wise from monsters thus far and have the correct difficulty to do it.

Heh. Try online. If you want the results like you are talking about, solo. If you are in a party, good luck.

Overall, I like am addicted to it thus far though.

Genoa
Oct 26, 2006, 11:31 AM
loving psu, online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
KOS-MOS lvl.7 (female-CAST)
Geno lvl.3 (male-Newman
Nepty lvl.1 (female-Beast)
Jade lvl.1 (female-Human)

SOOO much to do, so little time >_>

Deja
Oct 26, 2006, 11:34 AM
I've only reached level 6 online with my HUcast (ya Cast male I know...but for old times sake), and already I feel overwhelmed, but in a good way. The different weapons and Photon arts to choose from makes the game so varied, and the controls are pretty top notch. When I first started off I thought it was easy, but when I soloed the 5+ lvl missions, I was getting crushed.

Now, with my lvl 6 HUcast, my new spear, and new spear PA, the game has become so much fun. It does seem like a never ending timewarp like most MMORPGs (so you play longer and pay the 9.99), but the combat makes me enjoy every second online, when most MMORPGs have bland combat and drag on.

Hope to see you guys online! I'm a purple HUcast named Deja, wondering about.

Dhylec
Oct 26, 2006, 11:37 AM
Heh, I bet you aren't the only one enjoying the game. ;]

Tomeeboy
Oct 26, 2006, 11:41 AM
The combat is pretty fun. It's fun to go to a lower level mission with some dual sabers (or another weapon that has an enjoyable style) and just demolish everything in one or two hits. It's a good way to get some extra items and meseta as well (healing items especially, which can be expensive to buy at lower levels).

Remedy
Oct 26, 2006, 11:43 AM
Cheers for actually being able to connect. *sigh*

SUP ERROR 51, WE MEET AGAIN YOU SLY DEVIL

Battra
Oct 26, 2006, 12:27 PM
I've been enjoying the importer version immensely. I think graphically, it's stunningly well done. On the PS2, I do have some slowdown/lag issues. Oh well...It would be nice if the characters could..I don't know....LOAD A BIT FASTER...I'm sick of seeing purple people's silohuettes..ahahahaha

Oh well...still a great time....too bad the world series is keeping me away from PSU full time right now..GO CARDS!

And with the rainout last night...the servers were undergoing maintenance...TIMING! >_<

Deus-Irae
Oct 26, 2006, 12:31 PM
im loving what little ive experienced so far.

Kjeldor
Oct 26, 2006, 12:37 PM
Meh i wish i could play online though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i dont see why the dumb thing wont work