PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Xbox360 for PC gamepad, button remapping help needed

RaveSauce
Oct 26, 2006, 02:21 PM
Im totally clueless on how to switch my trigger buttons off of the Z axis setting.

Goals:
left trigger camera center+strafe
right trigger enable handgun
(these two I can do myself once I get the triggers off of the z axis and on to normal button numbers such as 13+14)

my left analog is movement which is fine, but I want to switch to the right analog for the camera angle rotation instead of the triggers.

after all these changes my R and L buttons should be free of action im assuming. (not the triggers, the little ones above them)

currently:
left trigger is rotate camera right
right trigger rotate camera left
L button is camera center
R button is switch to gun mode (not the zoom in)
and my right analog does nothing if i can remember correctly, but is enabled on Ry and Rx axis under my gamepad settings so its showing up.

sorry for being such a pain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

thanks for your help

*edit* now that I think of it, this should have been in the tech support forum :/ fail +2 lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RaveSauce on 2006-10-26 12:22 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RaveSauce on 2006-10-26 12:25 ]</font>

Tomeeboy
Oct 26, 2006, 03:41 PM
In the "Options" section, before launching the game, pick the Default 2 controller layout. That is nearly identical to the Xbox360 controller setup found here:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/news/10-06-06/psu360controller.jpg

The main difference would be the trigger functions, as they apparently can't be set using PSU's controller setup. The name toggle is also where the Xbox 360 software keyboard button was located. So, you still need to have "keyboard" selected in-game, even though you are using a controller, so you can use the "Z" key function (which is used to accept partner cards, access mission summaries/rewards, etc..). I've bound the chat log function to the left analog button (push), where the name toggle used to be.