PDA

View Full Version : So, how is the single player?

Zorafim
Oct 26, 2006, 04:37 PM
I keep on hearing about online troubles, what your online character will look like, yadda yadda. What about the offline, though?
Is the story any good? How's the voice acting? Any chance I can change it to japanese? Any other random comments that I can't think of right now?

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 26, 2006, 04:40 PM
I love both off and on, and personally havent encountered glitches.

Sedatives
Oct 26, 2006, 04:55 PM
I find the offline to be pretty cheazy so far. Not bad, though.

TyrantX
Oct 26, 2006, 05:01 PM
I like it a lot actually. So far, the voice acting has been surprisingly good. I haven't seen any option to change it to the Japanese dialogue so far.

*typo edit*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TyrantX on 2006-10-26 15:06 ]</font>

MayLee
Oct 26, 2006, 05:04 PM
On 2006-10-26 14:40, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
I love both off and on, and personally havent encountered glitches.

Oooh, you better knock on wood. >.<

Valdemar
Oct 26, 2006, 06:05 PM
Hey, if I might interject, um, does anybody know when you unlock the character creator thingy for offline???

StanleyPain
Oct 26, 2006, 06:21 PM
I have to admit....Story Mode isn't as good as I'd hoped. It's very slow moving and some of the levels are PSO-style long without save points making it more of a chore sometimes. Also, some of the dungeon-crawl goodness is lessened when it's #1, so linear, but #2 you level up so fast and you get INSANE amounts of money....almost nothing is unaffordable.

I'm sure Extra Mode will be more interesting since it's go at your own pace, even if it is similar. But the story is not as interesting as I had hoped....

Boxblaster
Oct 26, 2006, 06:23 PM
I like the offline mode so far, only on chapter 2, but it's alright. The voice acting is all pretty good.......except Ethan's.....I think his voice is horrible.....

Babiesonfire
Oct 26, 2006, 07:30 PM
single player ftw

Beat it before you try playing the online quests
or you will be confused and ruin your exeprience ~@_@~

FenixStryk
Oct 26, 2006, 07:33 PM
Decent story, great dubbing (and I like the intro song), and it gives you a nice intro to the game mechanics. I strongly recommend playing it.

DreamLocke
Oct 26, 2006, 07:35 PM
I'm enjoying the single player so far. Yes, it's cheesy, but hey, at least there's a story mode this time around. My only gripe is the cut scenes look kinda crappy. Maybe they should have done CG.

TheStoicOne
Oct 26, 2006, 07:42 PM
UHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Gol Dova juice!!!!!!

Pengfishh
Oct 26, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'm not too keen on the episodoc nature of it all. Despite the ability to skip the intro movie/song, I really don't like that I HAVE to skip it. Other than that, it's pretty easy overall. Super Ethan doesn't allow the game to be too challenging so far.

mitchm
Oct 26, 2006, 08:03 PM
i love the offline part... it actually explains the story kind unlike the original PSO that kinda just said "yea this happend now this is what it is so save ethe world." I think its cool and yea you get a lot of meseta compared to when i was on the beta and getting only maybe 10-15 where as im getting 65+ now. cool though.

Codefox
Oct 26, 2006, 08:11 PM
I've enjoyed the offline campaign so far. Its such a huge difference from Oblivion where you've got a really open ended game. This is definately less challenging but just the story-ness of it is fun. My only problem is the lack of save points and the inability to pause. If the phone rings and its important I need to answer it! And it'd be nice to save where ever. If you're 20 minutes past a save point and realize you need to get going its a pain to be stuck.

The gameplay itself rocks though.

DONTOSE
Oct 26, 2006, 08:12 PM
the offline is cool and the story is good but there seems to be a slow down or something when swiching weapons its like ten times slower then pso's weapon swiching

Synth
Oct 26, 2006, 08:14 PM
Hey since you people have played story mode...Are PSU story mode and online mode the same in terms of bosses/layouts? Will I be exploring the same exact places? Or are they just the same theme but structured differently?

I know Sega is holding certain areas locked online, but are these the same places you go to in story mode/extra mode eventually?

If anybody could please answer these 2 questions for me, I would be extremely grateful. Thank you