PDA

View Full Version : warning about silver xbox live.

Roguearthur
Oct 26, 2006, 06:41 PM
yea, i guess you can play online with it, but only on weekends, when they said you can play with a silver account i thought it ment during the week, thats lame :/

edit: i guess i heard microsoft should be fixing this since silver will let you play no matter what as long as the game is ffxi or psu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roguearthur on 2006-10-26 16:47 ]</font>

Number6
Oct 26, 2006, 07:25 PM
what in the world are you babbling about?

DreamLocke
Oct 26, 2006, 07:29 PM
????

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 07:31 PM
Right now, Xbox Live is blocking Silver users from playing PSU, even though it was clearly stated Silver would have access to the Online portion of the game.

I think Microsoft and Sega are working to remedy the situation, but in the mean time I suppose Silver users are limited to Weekend Online play.

Roguearthur
Oct 26, 2006, 08:56 PM
yea, im not going out to buy gold tomorrow, i have no money, ill just wait this weekend and play, (is the weekend fridays too?) and then if its not fixed by monday, which i doubt it will be..i unno ill cry.

Saner
Oct 26, 2006, 09:11 PM
whoa that's an extreme shocker.

I was planning on using a new GT to privately play PSU online on Xbox360 but I guess I have to use my gold subscription one.

PALRAPPYS
Oct 26, 2006, 09:13 PM
Erg. That's dumb! -_- Now I guess I won't bother setting up my 360 online silver account tomorrow. I was gonna go play online, but only for the weekend? What's the point...

Saner
Oct 26, 2006, 09:26 PM
whoa this will really cause many silver people to not ply the game online.

guess those fee complaints are valid now, since people will need gold and the license for the full 7 days a week online experience.

but I already got gold so it doesnt bother me.

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 09:31 PM
If you're only getting Gold for this game (which isn't necessary. The problem should be fixed soon) then you might as well skip it altogether.

Saner
Oct 26, 2006, 09:34 PM
On 2006-10-26 19:31, Zeta wrote:
If you're only getting Gold for this game (which isn't necessary. The problem should be fixed soon) then you might as well skip it altogether.

that's a very negative attitude. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

to some people, it's worth it paying for Gold and License.

McLaughlin
Oct 26, 2006, 09:41 PM
On 2006-10-26 19:34, Saner wrote:

that's a very negative attitude. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's stupid to pay for Gold and the Guardian License just to play PSU. If you're going to get Gold, get it because you'll play more than this. Otherwise, just wait for the Silver fix, or pirate the PC version like a lot of ass hats already have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-26 19:42 ]</font>

IzaneI
Oct 26, 2006, 11:10 PM
This is dumb, when they first announced it being for 360 they said if you already had gold you wouldnt have to pay a monthly fee on top of your XBL Gold fees. Then when the game releases they change it up? they are scammers. It should be NO PLAYING ON SILVERS but FREE GAURDIAN LICENSE IF U HAVE A GOLD XBL ACCOUNT.

Remedy
Oct 26, 2006, 11:29 PM
Topic derail: Peenk, I hope that torrent is so virus infested that it causes your system to hang indefinitely.

On topic: Apparently, it's a bug, and they're working on it. Be patient.

Saner
Oct 27, 2006, 01:12 AM
It's stupid to pay for Gold and the Guardian License just to play PSU. If you're going to get Gold, get it because you'll play more than this.

not everyone agrees with your opinion.

there are obviously people who happily spend extra and play something like PSU and that's the only game they play and enjoy for the time being, so who's to say it's stupid if many people are willing to do what it takes to get what they want?

people get GOld for various reasons, and just for 1 game is nothing unnatural or foolish if that's what they want.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 27, 2006, 01:23 AM
i own a gold account and i dont even own a 360 lol, u cheap asses.

smokie
Oct 27, 2006, 02:39 PM
I got gold just for this game. Very angry that I had to spend 30 mins on the phone with Xbox live support, only to have them tell me it was required. Then I paid 50 more bucks. If it starts working without it, I'm going to call and get my money back. Until gears of war comes out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Carlo210
Oct 27, 2006, 02:58 PM
Forget this crap.

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 02:59 PM
IS anyone actually playing with Silver? There's no way I'm paying for a gold membership.

Carlo210
Oct 27, 2006, 03:04 PM
This is unacceptable. 20~ bucks a month for me to play psu?
Seeing as updates are delayed for us players, I can't play for 3 months? What the heck is this?
You ST huggers can say 'just buy gold!', but I'm not paying two monthly fees for PSU. Nobody should have to, especially when we were told specifically that we won't need a gold account.
Stupid garbage.

Eviltaru
Oct 27, 2006, 03:05 PM
another reason why I choose PC not to go through all this crap sega is given to 360, I feel sad for the Silver though & yea Gold paying to pay extra fees on PSU! >.<

Akaimizu
Oct 27, 2006, 03:08 PM
Sega needs to change their site, then. It's still fully advertised to work with Xbox Live Silver accounts. Even on the Official Faq for it. And read all of it, before coming up with a rebuttal. There's more than 1 section that mentions what you need to play the game. It undeniably indicates that Silver should work.

Lorsavasus
Oct 27, 2006, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't -ever- have considered 360 PSU as an option if I had to buy Gold AND a Guardian's License.

As is, my 1 month Gold Subscription is running out, and I'm a bit afraid to find out what Sega has in store for us. Currently, I have absolutely no need or want for a Gold Subscription. None.

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 03:14 PM
From reading some other forums, Sega representatives are telling people that a Gold membership is required even when told that their wesite specifically states that Silver will work.

They better fix this and soon.

Roguearthur
Oct 27, 2006, 03:14 PM
On 2006-10-26 21:10, IzaneI wrote:
This is dumb, when they first announced it being for 360 they said if you already had gold you wouldnt have to pay a monthly fee on top of your XBL Gold fees. Then when the game releases they change it up? they are scammers. It should be NO PLAYING ON SILVERS but FREE GAURDIAN LICENSE IF U HAVE A GOLD XBL ACCOUNT.

wtf are you talking about, your just saying this cause you have gold, if you didnt have gold you would say what im saying, but if you mean.. it as in our license should not even be a license it should just be our gamertag, i guess it makes sense that you want it, but how would sony make there money, xbl money goes to microsoft they wont split it just cause of one game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

edit: has anybody tried contancting sega about this?!?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roguearthur on 2006-10-27 13:15 ]</font>

Roguearthur
Oct 27, 2006, 03:16 PM
On 2006-10-27 13:14, MagicPink wrote:
From reading some other forums, Sega representatives are telling people that a Gold membership is required even when told that their wesite specifically states that Silver will work.

They better fix this and soon.

ah thanks :]

edit: how much is a gold membership and hoiw much is a guardian licesne?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roguearthur on 2006-10-27 13:16 ]</font>

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 03:18 PM
On 2006-10-27 13:16, Roguearthur wrote:
ah thanks :]

edit: how much is a gold membership and hoiw much is a guardian licesne?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roguearthur on 2006-10-27 13:16 ]</font>

Keep in mind the reps are WRONG. The ads have been saying that Silver will work for months. This is a bug that needs fixing and soon.

Lorsavasus
Oct 27, 2006, 03:19 PM
Packing errors, delay upon delay, switcheroo fees, and abmismal communication with practically the whole world... its unfortunate I even have to look toward SoA, when infact I love SoJ's product.

How could anyone in good faith, refer a friend to this game as is? I certainly wouldn't.

Roguearthur
Oct 27, 2006, 03:19 PM
yea, but i want a gold kinda, i just would cancel my WoW account, i havent touched it in a month ++ anyways.

KirinDave
Oct 27, 2006, 03:24 PM
Wow.

Between this and the micropayments debacle, XBox Live isn't looking so hot.

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2006, 03:24 PM
On 2006-10-27 13:04, Carlo210 wrote:
This is unacceptable. 20~ bucks a month for me to play psu?
Seeing as updates are delayed for us players, I can't play for 3 months? What the heck is this?
You ST huggers can say 'just buy gold!', but I'm not paying two monthly fees for PSU. Nobody should have to, especially when we were told specifically that we won't need a gold account.
Stupid garbage.

It's stupid to think they'd wait till the next patch to fix the issue.

And where did you pull 3 months from?

Roguearthur
Oct 27, 2006, 03:26 PM
will someone tell me how much xbl + psu costs -_-

Akaimizu
Oct 27, 2006, 03:29 PM
Well, I've looked through the forums. The main only answer is from a Site Mod. They didn't say that Xbox Live Gold is the only way you will be able to play the game; but at the moment, that's what's happening and the cause of the current Silver issues.

They simply said to be patient while things are being worked out. The person reporting the issue, also said he spoke with Microsoft Reps who said only a Silver Account, the License, and a copy of PSU is required. Apparently either a miscommunication happened, a clerical error, or a bug happened along the line.

It's likely being discussed at this time, while they come up with the solution.

Akaimizu
Oct 27, 2006, 03:31 PM
Well, PSU costs the typical $9.99 a month. Xbox Live (Gold service) costs about $49.99 for an entire year.

Lorsavasus
Oct 27, 2006, 03:32 PM
Well, I've looked through the forums. The main only answer is from a Site Mod. They didn't say that Xbox Live Gold is the only way you will be able to play the game; but at the moment, that's what's happening and the cause of the current Silver issues.

They simply said to be patient while things are being worked out. The person reporting the issue, also said he spoke with Microsoft Reps who said only a Silver Account, the License, and a copy of PSU is required. Apparently either a miscommunication happened, a clerical error, or a bug happened along the line.

It's likely being discussed at this time, while they come up with the solution.

That's a solid, clear way of thinking. As you know though, it's just speculation (hey, it's the best we've got!)

It's incredibly unfortunate that Sega can't give us a moment's worth of comfort. A simple "Sorry, Silvers! We're working on a fix, and no you don't need Gold" would suffice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorsavasus on 2006-10-27 13:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorsavasus on 2006-10-27 13:34 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-10-26 21:10, IzaneI wrote:

Umm...are you on dope? They NEVER said Gold users would be exempt from the fee. And why the hell would Sega lock people out of their game? Don't they want MORE subscribers?

Roguearthur
Oct 27, 2006, 03:33 PM
I really wonder how sega fucked up like this, like not just this..cause this is actually xbox lives fault..kinda? not just segai think? but like wrong game in the case, was taht stronghold game even made by sega? how they hell do they print the wrong game like that, like isnt it a mass thing wtf.

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2006, 03:33 PM
On 2006-10-27 13:26, Roguearthur wrote:
will someone tell me how much xbl + psu costs -_-

Depends. You can buy a year subscription for 59.99, or you can pay monthly for like 8 bucks a month. Tacking on PSU, you're monthly costs (assuming you chose the Monthly plan for Xbox Live Gold) comes in at around 20 bucks.

EDIT: These are Canadian costs by the way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-27 13:37 ]</font>

chewydawg
Oct 27, 2006, 03:34 PM
ugh!!!!! this sucks i got a friend who has silver even the gold players have to complain.(my friend is gonna be so angry)

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2006, 03:36 PM
On 2006-10-27 13:33, Roguearthur wrote:
I really wonder how sega fucked up like this, like not just this..cause this is actually xbox lives fault..kinda? not just segai think? but like wrong game in the case, was taht stronghold game even made by sega? how they hell do they print the wrong game like that, like isnt it a mass thing wtf.

There's mutual fault here. Sega for not checking to make sure Silver would work, and Microsoft for not checking.

They probably recycled the Beta servers, which only allowed Gold users on.

The mismatched games are beyond Sega's control. They only develope the game, and have no control over how they're packaged. The fault lies on the distributor here, or more specifically, the manufacturer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-10-27 13:38 ]</font>

Carlo210
Oct 27, 2006, 03:38 PM
No PSU for me. Bye.

Roguearthur
Oct 27, 2006, 03:39 PM
true true. :] cause most were fine just certain areas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif just weird how it happened with this game, and also if i buy xbl right now, is it worht it or is like..the game not working online at all really right now?

Akaimizu
Oct 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
It worked fine with Gold even last night, when I played it. However, my friends only have Silver. I definitely want them to get in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-27 13:43 ]</font>

chewydawg
Oct 27, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-10-27 13:36, Zeta wrote:

There's mutual fault here. Sega for not checking to make sure Silver would work, and Microsoft for not checking.

The mismatched games are beyond Sega's control. They only develope the game, and have no control over how they're packaged. The fault lies on the distributor here, or more specifically, the manufacturer.

They did recycle the 360 beta every thing is the same if you dont know and so far this is not a complete game to me!!!!!!!!! i used to like sonic team before games like "shadow the hedgehog"

Lorsavasus
Oct 27, 2006, 03:42 PM
Heh, I certainly don't have anything to complain about... yet. There have been complaints about voice chat not working, though.

Carlo210
Oct 27, 2006, 03:45 PM
ST just lot a sale. I don't buy games from companies like this, sorry. This is a pathetic problem in any measure and anything similar to it in any other industry would be equally as frowned upon. Sorry, but they've lost a sale. Good for them. If this is what's happening now (and there's more I've been dissapointed with in terms of Xbox support), then the future looks exactly the same as with PSOX. I don't have the cash or piece of mind to pay 20$ per month for a thrown together mismash. As good a game as it may be, it's a disaster so far.
I can't see anyone referring this game to anyone on the xbox 360. The current status of the game on the xbox is despicable.

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 03:55 PM
I'm just angry that the phone reps are telling people they need Gold and people are buying it. I understand that no MMO gets going without a huge mess of problems but lying to get more money is really the depth of crappy.

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2006, 04:04 PM
On 2006-10-27 13:41, chewydawg wrote:

They did recycle the 360 beta every thing is the same if you dont know and so far this is not a complete game to me!!!!!!!!! i used to like sonic team before games like "shadow the hedgehog"

Well, yeah, they're going to release content every few weeks.

Baby steps my friend. Run before you can walk, and you'll trip.

chewydawg
Oct 27, 2006, 04:08 PM
On 2006-10-27 14:04, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-10-27 13:41, chewydawg wrote:

Well, yeah, they're going to release content every few weeks.

Baby steps my friend. Run before you can walk, and you'll trip.

ok ok i understand wer you are comin from. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif it still sucks

chibiLegolas
Oct 27, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-10-26 19:41, Zeta wrote:
It's stupid to pay for Gold and the Guardian License just to play PSU.

Umm... I payed for the HL AND xbox live for PSOX, for years. So this doesn't really change it up much for us PSOX vets. Besides, I'm one of those who are willing to fork over the $ to play PSU with voice chat.
I'm sure the general public wouldn't agree. But for a silver account to be able to play on weekends isn't so harsh IMO. The silver account was meant to give samples out like beta testing, no? And generally you'd play more on the weekends than the weekdays. It's not all that harsh for something that's free.

chewydawg
Oct 27, 2006, 04:23 PM
On 2006-10-27 14:16, chibiLegolas wrote:

On 2006-10-26 19:41, Zeta wrote:
It's stupid to pay for Gold and the Guardian License just to play PSU.

Umm... I payed for the HL AND xbox live for PSOX, for years. So this doesn't really change it up much for us PSOX vets. Besides, I'm one of those who are willing to fork over the $ to play PSU with voice chat.
I'm sure the general public wouldn't agree. But for a silver account to be able to play on weekends isn't so harsh IMO. The silver account was meant to give samples out like beta testing, no? And generally you'd play more on the weekends than the weekdays. It's not all that harsh for something that's free.

wat you said is..... partially true... but...

Akaimizu
Oct 27, 2006, 05:02 PM
I would still wait until we get a definitive answer. The only thing we've got is to wait until they come up with a fix. As of right now, there is absolutely no official document to the contrary of what the game was advertised. It's advertised to run with Silver and Gold accounts. Even in the manual, there are only two fees that it says it requires. The Guardian's License and of course, your standard ISP fees required for you to use your cable modem/DSL. That's it. Only registration of a Gamertag on Xbox Live is required, but no Live fees. So even the manual doesn't dispute a Silver account is all that's needed.

Still, if anybody on the phone, at this point, mentions that Gold is needed; they are spreading information they don't really know about. Until the official word comes back, don't take that response as true. Especially when there's conflicting reports and others saying that the response was that only Silver was needed.

R3Dirkulous
Oct 27, 2006, 05:13 PM
On 2006-10-27 13:45, Carlo210 wrote:
ST just lot a sale. I don't buy games from companies like this, sorry. This is a pathetic problem in any measure and anything similar to it in any other industry would be equally as frowned upon. Sorry, but they've lost a sale. Good for them. If this is what's happening now (and there's more I've been dissapointed with in terms of Xbox support), then the future looks exactly the same as with PSOX. I don't have the cash or piece of mind to pay 20$ per month for a thrown together mismash. As good a game as it may be, it's a disaster so far.
I can't see anyone referring this game to anyone on the xbox 360. The current status of the game on the xbox is despicable.

ummm good dont play...this game hasnt been out even a full week and everybody is jumping their case. I've read online reviews from big name reviewers like famitsu and PSU has recieved very GOOd reviews. You need to atleast give this game a week to work out MINOR problems such as the silver account problem. Yes its dissapointing but this doesnt make the game "despicable"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R3Dirkulous on 2006-10-27 15:16 ]</font>

Carlo210
Oct 27, 2006, 07:40 PM
I found myself at EBgames tonight and decided to buy PSU for 50$, even if just for the offline gameplay. I have Xbox Live Silver, which has me connected to Xbox Live, but I can't even play offline story without paying a monthly Xbox Live Gold fee.
This is NOT acceptable, no matter what some of you try to tell me.

Byu the way, this is despicable. I'm not saying anything aobut the gameplay or the game.

DreamLocke
Oct 27, 2006, 07:48 PM
Woah...you can't play story without a gold account?

Carlo210
Oct 27, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-10-27 17:48, DreamLocke wrote:
Woah...you can't play story without a gold account?

Exactly.

>:(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-10-27 17:49 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2006, 08:01 PM
That can't be true.

It doesn't even ask me to pick a profile when I go to play.

And yeah, I played PSOX. But I also played alot of other games on Live, so the compounded fees never bugged me, just like these don't.

DreamLocke
Oct 27, 2006, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't know since I have about 3 weeks of gold left. Hopefully they fix it by then. But I'm not going online til I finish story mode though.

A2K
Oct 27, 2006, 08:05 PM
Actually, if you create a new profile with no XBL account information associated with it there doesn't seem to be any restriction. It's a bug specific to Silver accounts, it seems.

On 2006-10-27 18:01, Zeta wrote:
That can't be true.

It doesn't even ask me to pick a profile when I go to play.

And yeah, I played PSOX. But I also played alot of other games on Live, so the compounded fees never bugged me, just like these don't.

It automatically uses the profile you're currently signed in with. It will ask if you to choose one if are not currently signed into a profile.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-10-27 18:06 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Oct 27, 2006, 08:09 PM
Ok that confirms it is a bug, and not ripping off silver account members. Hopefully it gets fixed before they alienate a lot of players.

Carlo210
Oct 27, 2006, 08:09 PM
I'll try it out.

LeMan_Bayon
Oct 27, 2006, 08:26 PM
I just exited to the dashboard, signed out of my profile, and it let me play story with no profile loaded. Then I went back to the dashboard and signed in with an account that only had silver and it still let me do story, so I'm not sure why you can't do it?

(I'm interested in figuring out these silver issues too because I plan to play with silver later. I just happen to have gold cause I bought 1 month for the beta lol)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LeMan_Bayon on 2006-10-27 18:28 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Oct 27, 2006, 08:31 PM
(I'm interested in figuring out these silver issues too because I plan to play with silver later. I just happen to have gold cause I bought 1 month for the beta lol)

Lol me too. That's why I'm worried about the issues w/ silver...

capin_bucky_ohair
Oct 28, 2006, 11:53 AM
On 2006-10-27 13:05, Eviltaru wrote:
another reason why I choose PC not to go through all this crap sega is given to 360, I feel sad for the Silver though & yea Gold paying to pay extra fees on PSU! >.<

It's not Sega or Sonic Team its Microsoft's choosing. I beleive people should be angry towards Microsoft if they have any any anger. I'm sure Sonic Team would have allowed Silver level to play their game but which level of service is purely up to Microsoft. That's just my two cents anyway.

Saner
Oct 28, 2006, 01:34 PM
ya it's definitely Microsoft's fault.

I think this is their scheme to make extra money, with Sega being the scapegoat.

McLaughlin
Oct 28, 2006, 01:36 PM
On 2006-10-28 11:34, Saner wrote:

I think this is their scheme to make extra money, with Sega being the scapegoat.

That was the most idiotic thing I've seen you say in a while.

Thrash777
Oct 28, 2006, 01:54 PM
On 2006-10-26 19:34, Saner wrote:

Yeah, I've had Gold for 3 years and I'm gonna be paying for both it and the GL soon... cos Halo 3 will be out come spring! ^_^

capin_bucky_ohair
Oct 29, 2006, 01:44 PM
On 2006-10-28 11:36, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-10-28 11:34, Saner wrote:

That was the most idiotic thing I've seen you say in a while.

more like lame sarcasm

Carlo210
Oct 29, 2006, 02:23 PM
Any word on a fix yet? I wanna play online.

drakkula
Oct 29, 2006, 02:46 PM
importers havent got any replies from sega!!

x360 american players havent got any replies from sega!!

someone should teach sega the meaning of the word COMMUNICATION!!!!

Roguearthur
Oct 29, 2006, 03:43 PM
i cant believe you said you cant play singleplayer without gold, i have silver, and thursday when it wouldnt connect to xbl, i was playing fine.

edit: i heard the silver glitch was fixed so i bought my guardians license today, if it says i need gold, ill just buy gold tomorrow but i will tell you guys tomorrow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Roguearthur on 2006-10-29 12:44 ]</font>