PDA

View Full Version : PC Sound Question

Wallin
Oct 26, 2006, 08:03 PM
Is anyone else's combat sound coming out really loud compared to all the other sound? When I swing, battle cry, and hit something, it's at least twice if not three times louder than my menu sounds. If I turn the sound down so that I'm not going deaf killing things, I practically can't hear any noise from the menu and such. I tried playing with the global sound turned on and off, same result.

It's not a huge deal, but when you open the menu and can't hear the sound it's almost as empty as playing the game without music to me. Or maybe it's just my PC.

Realmz
Oct 26, 2006, 08:06 PM
go into the options iongame and turning down your special effects, that should help

Wallin
Oct 26, 2006, 08:10 PM
Special effects? Or sound effects? Sound effects just turns everything down like I said before to the point where I can't hear the menu at all but the attacks are still pretty loud.

I'm also playing in windowed mode, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Deus-Irae
Oct 26, 2006, 08:17 PM
On 2006-10-26 18:10, Wallin wrote:
Special effects? Or sound effects? Sound effects just turns everything down like I said before to the point where I can't hear the menu at all but the attacks are still pretty loud.

I'm also playing in windowed mode, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

are you using surround sound? is the sound field box checked in your options menu?

Wallin
Oct 26, 2006, 08:19 PM
I think the box was checked in the Options menu, but no, I'm not using surround sound, just two speakers on my desk.

Sound is on, global focus is off (used to be on, same results), BGM and sound effects are both on in the Custom menu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-26 18:21 ]</font>

Deus-Irae
Oct 26, 2006, 08:23 PM
hm. well im out of ideas. good luck!