PDA

View Full Version : Do rangers suck at higher levels?

sscaff1
Oct 26, 2006, 10:03 PM
It would seem like because I'm trying to decide between playing my Force, Hunter, or Ranger right now (I know all 3 but oh well that's how it goes). Anyway, playing a ranger I run out of PP so fast it's insane. And, then I become a hunter. It seems a little broken to me considering hunters can attack non-stop and even the Force characters don't run out this fast. So at higher levels does this occur all the time?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 26, 2006, 10:15 PM
The PP on your Hunter weapons will be used up by the Photon Arts you buy/find and imbed to them. Consider them special attacks.

Guns tend to recover PP faster than hunter weaps. For the start of the game, don't use the rifle soo much compared to say a handgun and saber equip. You can attack with the saber when you're not shooting and can recover PP in your gun during that time. Photon Arts in the form of elemental bullets are in the shop which add power and status effects to your bullets, without taking much more PP per shot, compared to say a saber photon art.

Force wands/canes will cost the most to refill at the end of runs.

And remember to reach those new classes such as a Figunner, Wartecher, etc. one character will have to have class levels in a combination of the 3 classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2006-10-26 20:16 ]</font>

Tycho
Oct 27, 2006, 02:27 AM
Yeah, the balance seems weird at the start. It's only later that one could realize the significance of status effects.

ProfessorZ
Oct 27, 2006, 02:30 AM
Beginning as a ranger my advice is get a high powered handgun or mechgun with a saber or dagger till level 15 before you move on to real ranger weapons. Being a ranger now is more challenging and I love IT!!

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 27, 2006, 02:33 AM
Rangers have more attack sequences since they are not limited to combos with things like handguns. Rangers will be able to assult enemies with different elemental bullet barrages to keep enemies at bay.

It would be SOOO awsome to see the return of the spread needle, and heavens punisher xD