PDA

View Full Version : gotta rant about the voices in the NA version

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 26, 2006, 10:25 PM
ARGGHH, they totally suck IMO. I tried out the extra mode and I'm not too happy with the options available. what happened to that deep, evil sounding voice(voice 7), it sounds too young and boyish for my guy. the only deep voice I see sounds like an old dude. sorry, just had to rant about the voice options. anyone else who has problems with the voices can rant here too. maybe it will be moved to the deadhorse society.

Midicronica
Oct 26, 2006, 10:27 PM
As long as voice 9 is the same. It has the annoying, "Aaaaah!" within it. Well, I personally didn't find it annoying but a lot of my friends did. I want it because it matched my character perfectly.

JaiBlue
Oct 26, 2006, 10:27 PM
Already a topic on this, this one will be merged with it.

Kie
Oct 26, 2006, 10:40 PM
I dont know if there is a pitch bar like in the JP char creation videos I have seen then I dont see any problem. if you feel a voice is to high pitched then move the bar up to make it deeper

afcakey
Oct 27, 2006, 12:04 AM
i chose the old flegmy voice 10. Everyone in my party laughed the first time i cast a spell http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. But i totally agree voices could have been better.

VanHalen
Oct 27, 2006, 12:28 AM
i did this topic i was mad they didnt have cool catch phrases just poopy noises like they were dying on a toilet. but yeah they could have used deeper voices

oh and another thing they dont have the cool SUV and Nanoblast phrases they could have did them in english. i mean i rather have no voice then grunts

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-10-26 22:31 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Oct 27, 2006, 01:20 AM
Havent got my SUV weapon yet but seen a video on youtube of someone using one. Sounded awesome since she laughed while she summoned it. Can't wait for that.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 27, 2006, 01:24 AM
i like voice 10 i think it was, some of the actions sound like Zoro from one piece(jp version)

Sev
Oct 27, 2006, 01:49 AM
The voices get pretty deep when adjusting the tone... I didn't go far down at all to get the perfect voice for my non-child character.

Dakai
Oct 27, 2006, 03:13 AM
i dont know, i think the voices are alright, sure their not as diverse as some would want. but hey, for the most part. I think the voices there are, are what most people would choose.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 27, 2006, 09:27 AM
dunno, I still think that the Americans wasted their time in dubbing the voices, I mean, other than saying a few sharp commands or interjections, all they did for the most part was yell stuff like "ha!", "hyaa!", why dub that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-10-27 07:28 ]</font>