PDA

View Full Version : Pso and Psu differences/similarities?

Eternal_Drake
Oct 26, 2006, 11:28 PM
Hey, big fan of pso 1/2 for gamecube here, and I am considering getting PSU. Sorry if these come off as stupid questions and if this is in the wrong section please move it to the appropriate.

Anyways, my computer has gone to shit and I need a good mmo to tide me over so I am probably going to get this. A few things I need to know first:

How much like PSO 1&2 is the character development, gameplay, and grinding time is PSU?

Will PSU be as hacker-riddled as PSO?

Last but not least [and even though it doesnt really fit into this forum] what all forms of payment are there for the monthly billing.

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 26, 2006, 11:51 PM
The character development is better this time around. . . more realistic proportions but you can still make really huge people.

Gameplay may remind you of PSO in a sense but is far better. Turning in the middle of the combo is such a great thing.

Hackers/cheaters are not a problem thus far. . . SEGA has learned a lot from PSO.

The billing plan goes ten bucks a month. I think you can buy 6 months for 50 bucks or so. . .

Eternal_Drake
Oct 26, 2006, 11:55 PM
Thanks for reply, comment about the gameplay is good to hear.

Can you pay for billing in ways besides credit cards?

Sgt_Shligger
Oct 27, 2006, 12:00 AM
Erm, Not sure as of yet.

If you don't want to use your card, go to the bank, buy a gift card, and use that as your credit card.

Tweengo
Oct 27, 2006, 08:35 AM
What are the graphics like on PSU? I ain't getting it, I just want to know. Better or samey? Smooth frame rate or regular stutters?

Rattetsu
Oct 27, 2006, 02:51 PM
On 2006-10-27 06:35, Tweengo wrote:
What are the graphics like on PSU? I ain't getting it, I just want to know. Better or samey? Smooth frame rate or regular stutters?

It looks waaaaayyyyy better, but on the ps2 you occasionally get slow frame rates. Its not all that bad and its only happend to me a couple of times with large groups and I use the Photon Arts moves.

DreamLocke
Oct 27, 2006, 03:00 PM
Combat is much faster and brutal in PSO. Enemies really zone in on you quickly this time. Switching from ranged to melee is seamless.

Leveling up seems fast...but check back w/me later, i'm only level 10... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hacking shouldn't be much of a problem on the 360, don't know about the other versions...