PDA

View Full Version : Sega please give Force Experience for healing people in grou

sscaff1
Oct 26, 2006, 11:49 PM
Ok so I'm a level 7 Force and honestly in some situations (like when your the only Force in the group) Force cannot do damage and expect to keep the party alive. Not to mention you have to watch your PP and you want to have PP to heal over PP to do damage. I mean it's ridiculous that Sega doesn't give us experience for healing people who are doing damage. I'm not asking for as much as doing damage to the enemy. I'm just asking for something more than 0 experience.

MayLee
Oct 26, 2006, 11:51 PM
I love being a force but sometimes I hate that the Forrces seem like the weakest.

-Break-
Oct 26, 2006, 11:57 PM
Forces are able to deal the most damage for a reason. If you are required to heal that much simply to keep your party alive either
a. Your teammates blow
b. Too hard of an area for your level or equipment

Verotosgetics
Oct 26, 2006, 11:58 PM
heh hehh eh

afcakey
Oct 26, 2006, 11:59 PM
hmm i've had no problem with this. I usually cast radiga/cast radiga to tag all mobs before diga nuking/healing.

sscaff1
Oct 27, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-10-26 21:57, -Break- wrote:
Forces are able to deal the most damage for a reason. If you are required to heal that much simply to keep your party alive either
a. Your teammates blow

Both of these were true while I was playing one mission today. I was level 6 and we were all from the range of 6-12 and I kept the part alive as the only force in the group. We were doing a level 20 mission (well where the monsters are level 20).

I don't think we are the weakest by any means I mean I ran through a level 5 mission as level 6 by myself one-shotting the entire place. Until I got to the SEED leader - he took a couple of shots.

-Break-
Oct 27, 2006, 12:03 AM
On 2006-10-26 22:00, sscaff1 wrote:

On 2006-10-26 21:57, -Break- wrote:
a. Your teammates blow

Both of these were true while I was playing one mission today. I was level 6 and we were all from the range of 6-12 and I kept the part alive as the only force in the group. We were doing a level 20 mission (well where the monsters are level 20).

I don't think we are the weakest by any means I mean I ran through a level 5 mission as level 6 by myself one-shotting the entire place. Until I got to the SEED leader - he took a couple of shots.

Exactly. It is much more efficient to play lower level missions rather than struggle through higher ones. And a Force's Diga does the highest damage of any attack or spell in the game. So there is no way in hell we are the weakest.

sscaff1
Oct 27, 2006, 12:05 AM
Which Spell does the most Widespread damage? - so that I know what to buy so that I can just tag everything in battle.

-Break-
Oct 27, 2006, 12:10 AM
In truth it depends upon the element of the enemies you are facing, simply pick a Ra- spell that you feel you'll use alot or one that you just happen to like.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 27, 2006, 12:36 AM
Step 1: Run in.
Step 2: Radiga the shit out of whatever moves. Barta when everything is bunched up works too because unlike the Ra- line, it's not limited on how many it can hit.
Step 3: Resta when needed.
Step 4: Repeat Diga, Barta, Zonde, and Radiga spam until room is clear.
Step 5: Nobody will get mad at you for doing this... they get mad when you kill everything in two strikes before they get to them. lol <3 Diga.
Step 6: Remember: Bosses give nice XP and everybody has a chance to hit at least once.
---------------Remember: You don't need to heal that which isn't damaged...
---------------Spam Diga, Barta and Radiga on groups and kill before anyone has a chance to get hit. I do it. It works. >:3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-26 22:37 ]</font>

Killuminati
Oct 27, 2006, 01:01 AM
On 2006-10-26 21:51, MayLee wrote:
I love being a force but sometimes I hate that the Forrces seem like the weakest.

Wait until your higher in level you will love being fo.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 27, 2006, 01:05 AM
You get technic experience for your Resta spell.

Killuminati
Oct 27, 2006, 01:09 AM
I didn't realize fo where going to be the white mages of this game in past games they havent been because everyone bought their mates to keep themselves alive. As someone else said if your doing alot of healing and getting no experience then the mobs are to tough for your group.

ISIWATARI
Oct 27, 2006, 01:37 AM
FOs are a godsend in this game. Otherwise Im spending way too much money on mates.

st45st
Oct 27, 2006, 01:58 AM
forces do not need worry about resta that much, Its not big deal when forces do damage it helps party more doing damage , great hunters are going have mates and use them , when need to, also hunters should be able to dodge the attacks, so there no hit that much, if need resta means person skill lacking or weak defense , this real time battles not like the other games. When forces get the stuff that actually helps a hunter you will get exp points like the deband stuff, monmates easy get for hunters just run through the first lv few times as hunter we get enough mates for use. When party struggling you should all entire party be droping mates to your party members, if get that bad then to hard mobs for the party

So as Force do not worry about healing people unless just 2 or 3 you and your damage dealers hunters are low on mates then yes need resta , otherwise there no reason till people get over 40 were resta will help out ,

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 27, 2006, 02:03 AM
this game was designed so that every class would be doing max damage as possible. its basically a hack and slash. if a force wants to heal let him heal http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif just dont a force to stand in the back waiting to heal you all the time. thats what the mates are. plus mates are pretty cheap.

StrykerShaka
Oct 27, 2006, 02:11 AM
I don't buy Resta for one reason only: Yeah its great to be able to heal yourself, but in the long run you become known as "The Healer" and thats about all your worth....since when are Force chars "required" to heal teammates, yeah its a perk, but its like saying Hunters are "required" to use dual sabers....its all a matter of preference....= )

StrykerShaka
Oct 27, 2006, 02:13 AM
I think its more fun to blow stuff up, freeze it, zap it, etc....its tight seeing the different effects in the battle...not to mention dealing a butt load of damage

Minswune
Oct 27, 2006, 02:14 AM
Carry around a cheap cane or staff and slap resta on it, then switch to it whenever you need to use Resta, tad slower on the cures, but it makes PP management a breeze http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 27, 2006, 02:16 AM
Its really fun. I'm a force myself. Right now in the low lvls, no one needs a force. NOT ONE BIT. Mates drop all the time so theres really no need. Once it gets to like lvl 20+ and up, you will start seeing people call out for Forces to join their party. Trust me.

StrykerShaka
Oct 27, 2006, 02:20 AM
oh i believe you man, lol I got to lvl 114 on PSO as a Force and let me tell ya...there were days where I was basically the only person in my party that wasnt referred to as my name, instead I was either, "Hey, dude come heal me..." or "WTF, do your F'ing job!!" or "Hey Healer can you come get us?!" so....i regretted going that far with that char.

StrykerShaka
Oct 27, 2006, 02:21 AM
but other than that, I thought it was a blast = )

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 27, 2006, 02:29 AM
I'm just starting to get used to the controls on the PC version. I shifted some keys around to get it to my liking like... SPACE BAR for camera lock, and Q for zoom in ( really, I'm a force, this feels better for me when I run around.) I do feel the need for experience gain to casting resta and such party supports.

I find myself whipping out a hand gun to deal small damage to be able to suck exp before the enemies were killed. I just hit them once then start dishing out crazy techs xD

Tycho
Oct 27, 2006, 02:34 AM
Restaing -- the new 'Recoboxing'?!

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 27, 2006, 02:36 AM
On 2006-10-27 00:34, Tycho wrote:

AHAHA! I get it now... well at least casting resta will give points to your force class. >:)

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 27, 2006, 02:40 AM
On 2006-10-27 00:34, Tycho wrote:

Its no beating up your own party and healing them FFT style.

That was some good cheese.