PDA

View Full Version : Extra mode, unlocked content, difficulty??

Dynheart
Oct 27, 2006, 01:00 AM
Gonna make this short and sweet.

1) Extra mode- Is the extra mode difficulty on par with network mode? I mean the whole nine yards:

*Hard to earn meseta (way to easy in story mode)
*Prices jacked up (make earning money have merit)
*Monsters stats on par with network mode.
*You get the idea...

2) Does patching the game effect extra mode? Reason I ask is because I would like to enjoy expert classes aswell (can't play online mode...not for another 4-5 months). Not to mention extra weapons and the like.

Now I may be misstaken, but expert classes aren't available offline, or online at this very moment.

3) Rares- Do they exsist? I mean in the form of PSO style. Good ole' fashion rare drops. And if they do, do they exsist offline (extra mode)?

I do unstand online mode get's exclusive stuff; not asking for equallity here.

Thanks in advance.

UltimateChi
Oct 27, 2006, 01:12 AM
i got som dragon wings as a wep its like a bow

Dynheart
Oct 27, 2006, 01:23 AM
That was a drop from a monster? That's cool to know (was afraid rare drops were taken out). Anything about the difficulty, and patches?

daylight129
Oct 27, 2006, 02:00 AM
Of course it's not on par. It's offline, you can't venture with teammates. How on earth would you be able to do some of the online stuff without a team unless you had way too much grinding time in lower leveled missions.

hypersaxon
Oct 27, 2006, 02:30 AM
On 2006-10-27 00:00, daylight129 wrote:
Of course it's not on par. It's offline, you can't venture with teammates. How on earth would you be able to do some of the online stuff without a team unless you had way too much grinding time in lower leveled missions.

Put NPCs on your team?

Tycho
Oct 27, 2006, 02:31 AM
Offline is far easier and shorter. Patches haven't affected it for the Japanese version yet (well, other than to block cheating programs). Rares exist, but most of them are available in stores at ridiculous prices.

daylight129
Oct 27, 2006, 02:32 AM
On 2006-10-27 00:30, hypersaxon wrote:

On 2006-10-27 00:00, daylight129 wrote:

Put NPCs on your team?

A real team. NPC's = bricks.

Dakai
Oct 27, 2006, 03:06 AM
I know, whats up with the npc's! you'd think sega would make better AI. they stand there for most of the time. the only thing their useful for is to distract the enemies, if even that.

Squall179
Oct 27, 2006, 03:10 AM
they make good decoys.

I lead them in, then sneak around form behind while the enemy deals with them, Evil yes, but effective, its not lie kthe AI is actually suffering.

Dakai
Oct 27, 2006, 03:38 AM
yup, I use the same strategy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Feelmirath
Oct 27, 2006, 03:43 AM
Gotta be better than Bernie in Gran Squall, though...

"Yeah bitch, keep trying to cure my poison with your Lv 1 anti!"

Same happened with the resta. XD

EDIT: Cnat speel

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2006-10-27 01:43 ]</font>

Dakai
Oct 27, 2006, 03:50 AM
thats true, man how could someone be casting anti when resta is needed...hmm...noob?

Rider
Oct 27, 2006, 04:00 AM
On 2006-10-27 01:06, Dakai wrote:
I know, whats up with the npc's! you'd think sega would make better AI. they stand there for most of the time. the only thing their useful for is to distract the enemies, if even that.

I used them as a shield one time in a mission. I noticed shots at them were doing zero damage. So I just stood behind them and shot the enemies with a gun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DoubleJG
Oct 27, 2006, 04:54 AM
Do missions have Rank difficulty in offline mode? Such as "Fighting for food C" "Fighting for food B" etc? Or is the mission the way it is, end of story, and you need to move onto another mission to continue leveling at a decent rate?