PDA

View Full Version : completely satisfied??

Guitarsmasher
Oct 27, 2006, 05:34 AM
pooolllll

Flamingo99
Oct 27, 2006, 05:59 AM
Its missing something.... namely the update contents.

Dakai
Oct 27, 2006, 06:09 AM
I dont know, I thought it was better than expected. The game looks really good on all three platforms, has an in-depth story line (even long at times). Likeable characters in story line. New classes makes game have longer replay value. The online at the moment is troublesome but honestly, what online game doesnt at first. It'll honestly take a month are two to have the game run stable most of the time. And customization in this game is one of the best ones ive seen in years, all in all, this is thee best rpg to date in my opinion.

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 06:58 AM
It's neat but very clumsily put together, almost like Sega made things as time consuming as possible just to make more money on the online subscriptions.

NickKicken
Oct 27, 2006, 07:10 AM
Why are there no missions from the Guardian HQ and a missing planet online still? It's exactly like beta...Any updates coming?

kirinano
Oct 27, 2006, 08:40 AM
It's still new. At times its almost scary how much there is to learn (PM's, PA's, synthing) and how much there is to adapt to (combat style, chat controls, and stuff). But I love that. I reminds me, in certain good ways, of the early days of PSO. I love it.

Such a beautiful game, the combat is so smooth now, and so much to do and get into!

Neith
Oct 27, 2006, 08:43 AM
I can't play yet, but if it's anything like the JP PSU release, and the US BB release, content will be added in updates. I seem to remember the JP PSU not having Nanoblast/SUV Weapons until a little way into the release.

I wouldn't worry about it yet, US PSU has only been online a couple of days anyway. I'd expect to see more content in the next week or two.

Agrias
Oct 27, 2006, 08:58 AM
Game is great playing alone. Godly when playing with friends.

kirinano
Oct 27, 2006, 09:06 AM
Totally agree with Agrias. I was running through Linear Line last night and then a couple of players joined me and it went from being fun to being REALLY fun!

Saigan
Oct 27, 2006, 09:32 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Of all the people on these boards, URIKO double-posted! =D

Side note: yeah, game sweet. I feel like my eyes are bleeding from staring at the tv for two days.

DreamLocke
Oct 27, 2006, 09:50 AM
I'm happy with it. Any game that I think about when I'm not playing it..."Maybe I should buy that GRM handgun and freeze bullet when I get home from work..." is a good thing.

The graphics on the cutscenes look rushed, but I'm nitpicking at this point. I like the faster paced combat, and trying new weapons made me broke. I might even start over (Chap 4 now) because now I know what weapons and armor to save up for now. I actually like the voice acting. Is Ethan Canadian?

So far so good.

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah, except for Lumina, the voice acting is really pretty damn good.

Lumina just makes my head bleed in general tho. How I wish she would have been crushed...

BlueDagger
Oct 27, 2006, 10:36 AM
It alot of fun! I hate to say it, but it sorta' reminds me of when I was playing the FF11 beta on 360... except alot more fun. Go do a few misssion> Sell stuff > Go do more missions > Find a rare item that I have no idea what to do with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif > Sell it for alot of money > Buy that weapon I've been drooling over through the store window. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Souppy
Oct 27, 2006, 11:20 AM
It's missing something.... being able to buy the actual game 'cause it's not available here and yes... I'm in North America... /cry

DONTOSE
Oct 27, 2006, 11:43 AM
this game is awesome its so fun and fast past that you will never get tired of playing it this game can keep you up forever i can play this game from 8:00pm to 9:00am its just that good of a game.

this game has so much to do like just yesterday i spent 1 hour and 30 min. just upgrading my weapons and buying new armers and getting new supplies which is cool i think i spend most of my time shopping in this game more then any thing.

man i love this game

Capril
Oct 27, 2006, 11:46 AM
...soemthings missing...

I've not had the pleasure of playing online yet, however, and I'll probably get shot for this, but in the offline story mode, the game felt more like the .hack games, especially on the missions. PSU is fun, but not as much as PSO offline was.

DONTOSE
Oct 27, 2006, 12:18 PM
On 2006-10-27 09:46, Capril wrote:
...soemthings missing...

I've not had the pleasure of playing online yet, however, and I'll probably get shot for this, but in the offline story mode, the game felt more like the .hack games, especially on the missions. PSU is fun, but not as much as PSO offline was.

ok i hate you for saying that but,thats just your opinen no matter how stuped it is to say something like that about psu so your not going to get shot for that commant by me anyway.

uhawww
Oct 27, 2006, 12:20 PM
I've played PSU since day 1 of the JP release (almost 2 months now) and I'm still blown away by the experience.

Agrias
Oct 27, 2006, 12:21 PM
On 2006-10-27 10:20, uhawww wrote:
I've played PSU since day 1 of the JP release (almost 2 months now) and I'm still blown away by the experience.

Well, you blow me away. Sexwantit?

Pure-chan
Oct 27, 2006, 01:19 PM
I'm finding myself much more wrapped up in story mode than I had planned on being. Originally, I wanted to play story mode to unlock extra mode, but I'm liking the story enough that Extra has gone pretty much neglected.

I don't have many complaints about the voice acting. It's funny that everyone seems to mind Lumia the most. ...I actually prefer her shrill banter to the generic "petty criminal" voices (the dopey strongman, the straightman and the wiseguy new-yorker) of the Vol Brothers, but maybe it's just me.

The missions are fun - and varied enough - that I want to do them more than once. Being able to get better ranks based on your performance makes it more interesting, too. I'm really looking forward to focusing more on my partner machinery soon, too.

So to summarize, PSU has totally exceeded my expectations. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I can't wait to see what's in store.

Kanore
Oct 27, 2006, 01:20 PM
Just how imagined it: A much, much better version of PSO. All I want now is to see the regs from Antares 8 back together again.