PDA

View Full Version : Renting PSU as an option

Drayma
Oct 27, 2006, 07:27 AM
I loved PSO for being both offline and online and playing the same character so I was thinking of renting PSU to see if its something I want to buy. xbox360 version most likely for me and from what I hear forget about it, total waste of money if you want offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drayma on 2006-10-27 05:28 ]</font>

Jandon
Oct 27, 2006, 07:36 AM
if you want "online" offline (as in PSO), it may not be your thing. but the online mode is back and stronger than ever. to me it is only a minor setback that you have to be online to play the mode most similar to PSO. now if you don't have high speed, than yeah, I don't know. I got to the first save point in single player, and the only reason I got there is because of the many many cutscenes that I didn't want to have to sit through again. It actually seemed well done, but I'm into the old school PSO stuff, intereacting and trading and so on.

In theory you could rent this game (just as PSO for Xbox was transferrable, but I don't think I ever saw it for rent). I bought Final Fantasy XI Online out of good faith and I am pissed that I am stuck with it forevrer because of all the stupid codes each game has (PSO for Dreamcast and Gamecube was like that though if I'm not mistaken.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jandon on 2006-10-27 05:37 ]</font>

OrgazmoX
Oct 27, 2006, 08:00 AM
i haven't really seen that many complaints about the single player mode other than the voice acting and i haven't really seen people hating it on the 360. maybe FFXI was too complicated to be on a console but if thats what you play on, i would say go for it. i'm gonna buy it this tomorrow...

Drayma
Oct 27, 2006, 08:01 AM
Ok ty you answered some questions. I thought there wasn't any offline leveling up besides story mode on the 360. Like there is some sort of active mode or something that isn't on the 360.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drayma on 2006-10-27 06:02 ]</font>

Codefox
Oct 27, 2006, 08:23 AM
I've really enjoyed the offline story mode myself.