PDA

View Full Version : How are the controls in xbox360

Lazyday
Oct 27, 2006, 07:42 AM
I wasted my money buying FFXI on xbox360, mainly not liking the game for the fact with the xbox controller it was a headache to play. I'm trying to make up my mind if I should get the 360 version and hope for natural feeling controls, or get PC version and have to install windows on my iMac to play. The game looks awesome though and I can't wait to play. Thanks -LazyDay

AetherNex
Oct 27, 2006, 08:19 AM
Personally I liked the controls for FFXI. Since the game was originally designed for use with the PS2 and the controllers are very similar I was already used to it. But, the controls for PSU on the 360 feel good. Switching weapons and such can get a little convaluted, but its not bad. The main gripe I have is that the right analog stick can't be used to navigate menus like on the original Xbox or Gamecube. The game probably wouldn't run as well on a Mac emulating Windows compared to the 360 anyway. Hope this info helps....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AetherNex on 2006-10-27 06:35 ]</font>

Lazyday
Oct 27, 2006, 09:19 AM
Ok ill give the 360 a try frist if i can find the game. I have ran a few games on my Imac its 24'' with core2duo and 2gig ram so its runs really great.

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 09:25 AM
I wish you could use the triggers instead of the bumpers for switching one handed weapons but otherwise it's just fine.