PDA

View Full Version : Things we'll laugh at ourselves for soon (if not now) :)

kirinano
Oct 27, 2006, 08:23 AM
So, coming off years of being a PSO vet (multiple lv100+ characters, two characters over lv150, one over lv170) it's refreshing to be a total newbie again, haha!

Some of the stuff I'm puzzling over now already makes me laugh at myself and I know more stuff will seem funny later on too.

Like:

Forgeting I switched from keyboard mode to controller mode and then saying 'Z' 20 times instead of accepting someone's card.

Feeding my PM some of the first extra weapons I could afford to give up and then giving him berries for a net result of... ZERO! lol

Spending 15 minutes on level 5 of the Cylez City wondering where the missions were even though I'd already done the tutorial and should have known to go to the Linear Line.

Burning with jealousy at people doing cut-in-chat because I didn't know to hold tab before hitting enter.

I tell ya, I'm not the smartest person ever (obviously) but I do amuse myself.

What sort of dumb/silly stuff have you done as you learn this game that makes you laugh?

Miller
Oct 27, 2006, 08:25 AM
Imported the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Agrias
Oct 27, 2006, 08:25 AM
Spending 15 minutes on level 5 of the Cylez City wondering where the missions were even though I'd already done the tutorial and should have known to go to the Linear Line.

I'm not alone.

I also spent another fifteen minutes trying every key on the keyboard for the chat button. You'd think i'd hit the giant rectangle on the keyboard first right? Nope.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agrias on 2006-10-27 06:27 ]</font>

kirinano
Oct 27, 2006, 08:35 AM
Good to know I'm not alone on wondering where the missions were, Agrias!

I felt so foolish once I went back down to floor 4 and then was like 'oh YEAH this is where Leo and I teamed up in the tutorial -- DUH KIRIN!' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Frog
Oct 27, 2006, 09:30 AM
Saving meseta to purchase better weapons and then selling them because "they don't work". Later on I discovered linking photon arts and felt really stupid. This was in the beta when I had no manual and I skipped the tutorial.

Searching through multiple cities to find Techniques only to find they are sold in weapons shops. I skipped the weapons shops every time because "Techniques had their own shops in PSO".

Spending 1 hour in the beta trying to communicate with people. Since I had no manual, it took me forever to figure out how to hotkey text messages. So I made a made a "I'm a newb, please help" message. I did this because I could not figure out the partner-card system for voicechat.

lol

At least I am prepared for the full game when I pick it up later today.

And yes, I will read the manual and do the tutorial.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frog on 2006-10-27 07:31 ]</font>

mananas
Oct 27, 2006, 09:45 AM
I will laugh at myself for playing this game

afcakey
Oct 27, 2006, 09:49 AM
On 2006-10-27 06:23, kirinano wrote:
So, coming off years of being a PSO vet (multiple lv100+ characters, two characters over lv150, one over lv170) it's refreshing to be a total newbie again, haha!

Some of the stuff I'm puzzling over now already makes me laugh at myself and I know more stuff will seem funny later on too.

Like:

Forgeting I switched from keyboard mode to controller mode and then saying 'Z' 20 times instead of accepting someone's card.

Feeding my PM some of the first extra weapons I could afford to give up and then giving him berries for a net result of... ZERO! lol

Burning with jealousy at people doing cut-in-chat because I didn't know to hold tab before hitting enter.

I tell ya, I'm not the smartest person ever (obviously) but I do amuse myself.

What sort of dumb/silly stuff have you done as you learn this game that makes you laugh?

wait till you have to do the colored chati http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kura-X
Oct 27, 2006, 10:16 AM
selling almost everything in my inventory and borrowing 1000 meseta from my friend just to get a hat.

now i have to earn another 1000 and pay him back.

Angelraziel
Oct 27, 2006, 10:21 AM
i want a hat!!

Kura-X
Oct 27, 2006, 10:22 AM
Yuuki isn't Yuuki without her hat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shade-
Oct 27, 2006, 10:24 AM

HOLD TAB? no wonder I couldn't figure it out XD

Angelraziel
Oct 27, 2006, 10:27 AM
well i spent 15k on clothes .... not TOO dumb but i'll prolly need that later,...

Sev
Oct 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
On 2006-10-27 08:24, Shade- wrote:

HOLD TAB? no wonder I couldn't figure it out XD

I gotta try that now... I've been able to do cut-in's, but only with shortcuts. I was wondering if it'd work with text that's freshly typed. Gotta try that out after I make this Cast...

(I'm afraid to play this character... It's just... Too cute.)

kirinano
Oct 27, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-10-27 08:28, Sev wrote:
Gotta try that out after I make this Cast...

(I'm afraid to play this character... It's just... Too cute.)

PLAAAAAAAAAY IT!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Sorry, I don't usually go all-caps-mode, but come on! It's the first weekend of PSU. Let yourself go and do whatever you think is FUN!

Garasu
Oct 27, 2006, 10:48 AM
We can get hats???I want a hat!!!(I hope this doesnt turn out like Ragnarok Online..><)

Sev
Oct 27, 2006, 10:49 AM
Oh I'm gonna play it. I wanted to see what Ranger is like. I figured I'd may as well make it easy on my eyes this time around. I have to keep at least 1 slot open though, and this is my 3rd character already. >.<

Ri0T
Oct 27, 2006, 02:40 PM
The stupidest thing I have done is forget to accept my mission rewards (the sun icon by the Z button) about 4 or 5 times. It's going to be a while before i'm used to hitting it every time.

It's a big deal, isn't it? I mean, I guess you wouldn't level your job at all if you simply didn't realize it was there? Not to mention the extra Meseta.

kirinano
Oct 27, 2006, 02:44 PM
Hehe, I forgot that one: I've done that too, RiOT!

Ties into my not being able to accept partner cards ('cause I'd switched fromo kb to controller option). People must have thought I was falling asleep 'cause I kept saying "z" "z" "z" "z" "z" until I realized it.

Spacepest
Oct 27, 2006, 07:17 PM
OOhh, here's mine.

I've been playing offline mode. I finally make a new toon (beastie, its so damned cute) and then did the first 2 tutorials and ran around the lobby online, as well as did all the emotes and cut in chat in my room (so people wouldn't think I was wierd or something and to avoid lobby spam).

I decided I had enough (it was 6am my time) and then was like...omg where is the save point? Because in offline mode you have to save all your data at a save point before you log out. I ran around in the lobby like an idiot for another 15 minutes looking for a save point. Since it was 6am, no one else was in the lobby to ask. Finally I just looked in the game manual, "Oh, just log out! Duhhh!!!" *slaps herself on the head like a retard*

Sev
Oct 28, 2006, 09:04 PM
Well... I just had my most awesome moment ever...

I fed my Open Shop Ticket to my PM... That's right... FED. I'm starting over... Sleep can wait til Sunday night! XD

Randomness
Oct 28, 2006, 09:24 PM
Hats are bought in the makeover store, see Hair and Accesories. 5,000 meseta, so I'm only just to where my arsenal is complete enough to save for it.

Bibberz
Oct 28, 2006, 10:34 PM
oh quick question. If u dont have a keyboard(PS2) is there a way to do that animey, face-in chat?

Oyako
Oct 28, 2006, 10:38 PM
18000 M On force armor. Sold for 3400..... grinded my way back to 18000 M only to buy armor by the WRONG COMPANY... -_- lvl 13 with no meseta and the wrong armor........

Sammy
Oct 28, 2006, 10:41 PM
On 2006-10-28 20:38, Oyako wrote:
18000 M On force armor. Sold for 3400..... grinded my way back to 18000 M only to buy armor by the WRONG COMPANY... -_- lvl 13 with no meseta and the wrong armor........

You'd laugh at something like that? I'd just cry.

Bibberz
Oct 28, 2006, 10:43 PM
18K is pretty impressive for level 13... unless u hoarded it just for the armor (or I spend my money too quick... I do tend to fight with multiple weapons I synth)

BooChan
Oct 28, 2006, 10:46 PM
I laugh a myself for not playing the online tutorial first then going to do missions. After you bea the online tutorial you get a free photon art. So it does make playing easier.

Oyako
Oct 28, 2006, 11:19 PM
I have the 2k C grade saber that I got up to +9. I'm leveling Ranger and I hate using guns so.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I also have B daggers sitting in my storage for when I go back to hunter X3

getting 18k isn't that hard... but you suffer when it comes to leveling.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 29, 2006, 12:10 AM
wasting all my meseta trying to synth a weapon with 74% success rate, and failing twice, no i think ill cry

-Shimarisu-
Oct 29, 2006, 02:25 AM
On 2006-10-27 06:25, Miller wrote:
Imported the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Making the above post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif