PDA

View Full Version : Force: Cakeys Guide to fast Technique leveling.

afcakey
Oct 27, 2006, 09:14 AM
I figured i'd make a guide to help people level there techniques a bit faster.

First of all i'd recomend creating newmans and storing there wands in the stored box. Youd will want to use a low level wand.

foie/diga/barta/zonde(ra)- Have the spell you want to level equiped to every wand on your pallete. Ex i did it as a level 10 force and did unsafe passage rank b. Basically spam the spell you want leveled on mobs and just avoid being hit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. When you run out of PP just return to the city and recharge.

resta - Again equip resta to every wand on your pallete and head into a mission around your level. Youd want to go up against mobs that don't do knock downs. Next find a wall, face it let mobs attack you, and use resta whenever you are hit. Resta will gain xp as long as it heals you for 1 or more hp. You can pretty much level.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif hope this helps.

sneth
Oct 27, 2006, 11:10 AM
this is very ueful.
i have one silly questions.

How do i recharge my PP in the city? I usually just sit and wait for it to recharge in the mission....

Zarbolord
Oct 27, 2006, 11:17 AM
Interesting. But terribly short http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Ok, we'd need to make charts for technique exp and lvls and the number of uses per lvl and also if there is a change of gain of exp by the number of things you hit or heal.

sneth
Oct 27, 2006, 11:24 AM
ah, the floating cubes recharge PP. albeit a for a little fee....

also, note that wands do cast faster than rods. That is why this person is carrying a ton of wands.

Axel3792
Oct 31, 2006, 11:35 AM
This. Is. Awesome.

I love you.

Xtra-1
Oct 31, 2006, 01:07 PM
Wands recharge really fast, I use one while solo'ing to level up techs. Since wands cast faster, it seems much easier to level up techs that way.

As a side note: From my experience good to use a gun/wand combo to at least tag stuff real fast to get xp, then cast techs. The gun PP also refreshes as I use techs. Usually by the time I run to the next area with a group, it recharges fully. Going to use it way more often when I'm able to use Card weapons.

If you are using heals and aoe techs, I use staffs/rods since they have more PP.

DarksideX
Nov 11, 2006, 11:42 PM
Its genius! Thanks!

Tekershee
Nov 12, 2006, 07:11 AM
I don't understand how so many people are amazed by this. Isn't it blindingly obvious that to level a spell, you just keep using it?

Zalana
Nov 12, 2006, 12:31 PM
Not a bad idea eh...

Zakuro
Nov 12, 2006, 12:52 PM
I was kind of expecting a bit more but since some people didn't realize this method at least it is helping some.

I disagree on wanting to use weak wands even when you are primarily focusing on leveling up techs. I prefer to go through as much of the mission as possible so I can get drops to make up the recharge costs. Sometimes if I have other things I can do I'll even let a rod or two recharge while waiting so I can finish the mission and get the bonus at the end.

Also, you are better off using a multihit tech on multiple enemies or you are wasting pp. You'll get more tech experience as it counts each hit and you'll be more efficient with your damage, meaning you'll get a good amount more pa exp than someone spamming it on a single enemy. The Ra line of techs seem to level up slower than the single target ones, so I'll start with the one I'm leveling after bunching up the mobs and then switch to a single target tech once I've gotten them down to 2 or 1 enemy left.

pso123hrf
Nov 12, 2006, 10:25 PM
Dude, i tried your tatic, and it took me 5 fricken hours to level diga to lvl 9...

Genoa
Nov 12, 2006, 11:04 PM
Neudiaz is one of the best places to level techs IMO, seeing there's a larger variety of elemental creatures, and alot of adverse status techs that Reverser can be leveled on. Infact, i'm only a lvl. 4 force at character level 21 with Reverser 7, and I didn't go to Neudiaz until I was lvl.17, where I actually started using Reverser.
Also, Grove of the Fanatics is a fantastic place to level zonde techs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 15, 2006, 12:35 AM
Ok my additon to the guide http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

First there is no point in getting beat up to lvl resta, it levels incredibly fast in groups if you are using it like you should be, setup a macro or somthing that says "Gather near me for RESTA" and after ever battle you can heal everybody in the group for big resta points, then in battle toss a heal now and then it will level very fast. Its lvl 11 for me and I only have done maybe 20 team games

Reverser: Look no further than the temple http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif there is going to be people on fire like crazy, attack downs, paralized, ect ect and even before lvl 11 it has a big range so you can get everybody in the room with it usually and it lvls up very fast. The stage before the temple is good too since the works will usually debuff people and somtimes people get frozen.

Now for the rest of your techs, it may not seem like it at first but I found relics C (sleeping warriors C) to be much better than linier line B to lvl my techs, I got much better loot, much more xp, and the groups of mobs are close together and its a nice run.

The green dragon guys are perfect for barta as they all run at you just back up and let him have it easily gitting 6 to 8 targets with the spell, the hoping guys are great practice to get good with the Ra spells and also barta works great.

The big green guys are slow as heck and thats for your single target spells (wich lvl on there own anyways no need to grind those)

I will probably do a few solo C runs later today to see how my PM fights with me, I usually go solo with no npcs so I can control the agro of the mobs and line them up, but I got my PM lvl 80 finaly so need to take advantage of my hard work.

etlitch
Nov 15, 2006, 03:24 AM
It works. But there's better ways. You can a single ra-spell from lv1 -> 11+ in around 2-3 hours.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 15, 2006, 04:00 AM
I cant belive that, since I have pretty much spammed in constantly for the past few days only taking time between sets of mobs to walk for 10 seconds. Maybe 3-6 hours a day and it took a few days to get rafio and rabarta up to lvl 11.

Ether
Nov 15, 2006, 05:28 AM
On 2006-11-15 00:24, etlitch wrote:
It works. But there's better ways. You can a single ra-spell from lv1 -> 11+ in around 2-3 hours.

Care to share your magical leveling technique?

Puns intended

etlitch
Nov 15, 2006, 09:44 AM
No.

Hint: What?? You thought that I was going to give you a hint? Seriously!?

Zerase
Nov 15, 2006, 04:02 PM
Because witholding information that could be useful to others is the cool thing to do right? Nah Nah, I know something you dont know?

KirinDave
Nov 15, 2006, 05:10 PM
I may be wrong about this, but it seems like I get experience faster when I am actually killing things with my spells. Pre L10, a single run of Unsafe Passage C nets around 10% on a ra-spell and maybe 12% on a single target spell.

etlitch
Nov 15, 2006, 05:12 PM
No. There's going to be some things people will find annoying when everyone starts doing it to powerlvl their TECHs.

People can believe it or not, it's up to them. My "force" char has been playing "actively" like a force for around 17 hours and is forcelvl3 now. It has:

Barta lv11
rabarta lv11
zonde lv8
razonde lv12
reverser lv9
resta lv9

The resta and reverser lvls + 1 razonde lvl comes from ~5 hours of supporting on GoF B runs. Rest is pretty much powerlvled just so I could see how it looks like lv11+.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: etlitch on 2006-11-15 14:19 ]</font>

Zerase
Nov 15, 2006, 06:06 PM
In that case I pretty much understand how your doing it. GoF runs with rooms of healers and essentially just chilling there solo for powerlevel techs. Group runs for resta / reverser powerlevel (GoF is indeed amazing for this). My guess anyways and what Ive been doing at least.

Stixx
Nov 15, 2006, 06:16 PM
For the people that are higher level and just picking up force:

Try soloing to the dragon, be it rank A or B. When you get to the dragon, pull out barta or zonde and just spam it. At level 1 zonde does like...30 damage to him. You can empty a few weapons into him, gain a few levels, and switch to a full rod and blast him with diga to finish him off. I got zonde from 1-3 off of one dragon A fight. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EspioKaos
Nov 15, 2006, 06:44 PM
Here are my observations from experience.

Linear Line: This area is great for leveling barta and zonde. Delsabans and Pannons are slow and easy to herd. I like to get them packed together (in a hallway, if possible) and let loose on some zonde and barta, getting multiple hits in, sometimes as many as six or seven with one cast. As said in an earlier post, the more hits you get (even with a single cast), the more experience your TECHNIC gains. This area is also great for leveling your ra-series, especially rafoie and radiga. As before, herd groups of Delsabans and Pannons together and cast away.

Shikon Islands: I find this place excellent for reverser, resta, foie and rafoie. If you're traveling with a party, a pack of Goshin can supply some great reverser EXP. Just stay on top of healing the jellen that's cast on attackers (as well as the occasional burn status) and you're good. Packs of Ageeta and Gohmon are great for rafoie and Kamatoze is an excellent foie target. (Decent for resta and reverser, too, especially when it casts gibarta.)

Hakura Temple: It's been mentioned before, but I'll say it again. Zonde and razonde can level decently well here. Byshas can be a little difficult to hit, but if you can manage to pack them together and cast quickly enough before they scatter, you can get some good hits in. Reverser and resta also get a good workout here with all of the damage and status effects going around: burn, zoldeel, etc.

Going purely by elementals, each planet and mission will have its own forte as far as TECHNIC leveling goes. Moatoob, for example, should be an excellent place to level the zonde-series with all of the ground-based creatures. Buy by and far, the best I've found for attack TECHNICS is still Linear Line. Mainly because of how slow and easy to herd the creatures are. (Not counting Sendillans, of course. I just save my nanoblast for them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 16, 2006, 12:52 AM
I like relics for the oposite reason of linier line, the guys are fast so isntead of waiting on them to group up in seconds you have 5-8 little green lizards at your feet just begging to get smashed with barta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif so you hit all of them and its a fast process that rewards you with better loot/xp than lin line.

The dragon is a neat idea, somthing I would never try because my idea of fast levling is getting the spell up by hitting as many mobs as possible wich means the fastest gain and the less amount of cast needed, however if you have one target that wont die it cuts the footwork out between groups of mobs so it may work pretty good, but definitly be a loss of money since your not being effective with the spell and not killing mobs for meseta to recharge your PP.

but still that means 14 cast of zonde vs the dragon just to make up the 2 cast vs a group of lizards in relics... not sure if it will be faster or not. Not to mention soloing Dragon A at lvl 35 wont be fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Oh i forgot, one reason I also hate lin line so much is those rino guys.... sure everything there dies fast and easy and moves slow...except those guys, in C rank things will die too fast to give me any good xp for my techs so I have more foot time than casting time, but in B or A the spells lvl decently but a group of those guys gives me major trouble...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViciousXUSMC on 2006-11-15 21:54 ]</font>

KirinDave
Nov 16, 2006, 02:41 PM
On 2006-11-15 14:12, etlitch wrote:
No. There's going to be some things people will find annoying when everyone starts doing it to powerlvl their TECHs.

People can believe it or not, it's up to them. My "force" char has been playing "actively" like a force for around 17 hours and is forcelvl3 now. It has:

One day, I hope, we'll be as cool as etlitch. Probably not, though.

Tycho
Nov 17, 2006, 12:09 PM
Another tip: grind those free weapons.

OTown
Nov 18, 2006, 02:31 AM
Just use teches whenever possible. Don't make the same mistake I did and use melee when your wands or staffs run dry. I fell behind my skills and I've had to run some low level run solo to get my skills up.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 01:01 AM
I have never used meele my entire force career.

Problem is I am using my most powerfull techs wich is usually diga/foi with the ocasional Radiga and Barta so they lvl up but the rest is falling behind. Foi and diga both are lvl 20.

In a party they cant afford me to toss all my DPS aside for zonde spam :/ (zonde is not a spell it fails, I have seen bottle rockets do more damage)

The Gi spells will take even longer to lvl.....

Techs take so much longer to lvl that PA's and Bullets I think they should balance it some. I used my bow just once in a blue moon and it has lvl 6 freeze on it from just a few uses.

Laranas
Nov 20, 2006, 02:40 PM
Zonde is weaker than the other techs, but it pierces through like barta, making it another tagging spell, and it doesn't take long to pass it in dmg. My Lv16 Barta is 116% TP, while a Lv12 Zonde is already 117%. The width of it doesn't get too much wider, so it's only as useful as your accuracy.

As for leveling Techs, grinding is my only resort for Resta. It's gained maybe 6% in the week I've been Lv50, and that's because I'm never the only Force and rooms that require healing are few and far between with my guild (they exist, but the only thing that gets a person low on health is Megid these days). Leveling my 1* techs is easily done solo'ing C runs, and I've yet to focus on my Ra-techs, but they're all hovering around Lv10 from misc use. And I've only been a force since Lv3.

Techs level a lot slower than PA's but there isn't a need to focus solely on them. Just play and they'll level themselves.

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 20, 2006, 11:55 PM
yeah barta didnt get much wider eather i was disappointed.

atleast barta tho if you have a pack of 6 guys and you toss it down the center it ill hit 4 of 5 of them, wich zonde it will hit like the 2 guys in the middle and thats it, so barta still comes out on top for me.

I saw a video with all the lvl 30 techs.... be prepared to be upset yet again at lvl 21 when they get bigger because its a joke, foi and stuff wich used to become the speed of light in lvl 30 is still the same speed just abit bigger (like it matters since by then you can aim it even if it were the size of zonde) barta gets only abit wider and looks boring.

The Gi spells get alot nicer in size/looks but cost alot of PP, the nosu spells just get bigger

Regrants is the only spell that really looks powreed up lvl 21+ your whole screen is filled with while holy explosions http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif to bad everybody says that spell sucks.

ImaGuy
Nov 21, 2006, 04:34 PM
For barta and zonde the 2 relic missions are without a doubt the best way to level. For the 3-target spells, unsafe passage might be a bit better for just leveling your technics, but, if you do relics not only are you leveling technics, but you're also getting good items/meseta.

If you're high enough level, B and A rank missions are nice for leveling technics, since you'll get a ton more exp per group of mobs since you don't need to kill mobs to get exp for technics, they just need to do what they're supposed to do (deal damage for attack technics, heal HP for resta, and cure a status for reverser).

I also like to do Fanatics B for leveling razonde, but, that's the only spell I like to level there...because that place gave me bad memories. >.>;

ViciousXUSMC
Nov 21, 2006, 11:17 PM
lol bad memories? I love that place never had one bad thing happen. Im a good fo nobody has ever died except A rank vs the boss a few guys got 1 shoted from his missle attack.

Razonde is the best there to lvl, I try zonde now and then since its usless elsewhere.