PDA

View Full Version : Rare Photon Arts?

Agrias
Oct 27, 2006, 10:05 AM
Well, are there? If not would that be a good idea? I just thought it would be cool to have them. That is of course there arent any(as of yet)

Maybe have a rare weapon thats alright, stats wise, and have a photon art that can only be binded to that weapon. Thus making it kick total ass. Oh but surely being impossible to find. Not to mention you'd have to get them both.

To me it just sounds like something sega would do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agrias on 2006-10-27 08:22 ]</font>

HiKeRI
Oct 27, 2006, 10:09 AM
For real o.o But how would it be obtained?

Zabot
Oct 27, 2006, 10:10 AM
probably a board, like everything else good

MagicPink
Oct 27, 2006, 10:29 AM
There are some rare ones you can only get from NPC companions and only if you get an S ranking on Trials and even then it's only a 10% chane they'll give them to you. I'm not sure if that extends to online mode tho and I don't know if you can have NPCs in your party online.

Ryoga4523
Oct 27, 2006, 11:36 AM
I am pretty sure they are going to do rare PA's. That is just another way SEGA can torture us

Kanore
Oct 27, 2006, 01:19 PM
Oh god, I hope they don't make it so that SDJZ have to be crafted... I can't find them in any shop!

Tycho
Oct 27, 2006, 01:40 PM
There aren't all that many PAs in the game, and most of them fit right into the simple patterns posed by the currently released ones; I feel doubtful many of them will be hard to obtain. The rarest one will likely be the two types of 'special' Bullets.

Ri0T
Oct 27, 2006, 02:07 PM
One thing I noticed after playing online... the PA for Knuckles you can buy from the shop on Offline mode is different from the one I bought Online.

The former was kinda overpowered anyway, you charge up and then dash forward with your fist forward, and have a chance to knock down multiple enemies. ( i think 3 was the max ) It was awesome to use and see the monsters all go flying. Once hitting PA lv10 I didn't seem to get an additional attack though.

The latter is a multiple hit combo attack thing which isn't really that great, but it basically lengthens your combo by 3 hits. I haven't hit PA lv10 yet so i'm not sure on it's additional attack yet.

Hopefully you can get the PA that was available on Offline mode somewhere. I suppose it will be my first quest to find it if it exists. XD

mechatra
Oct 27, 2006, 04:12 PM
Well at the moment I believe that each mellee weapon will have a total of 3 PAs to choose from eventually.

For example.
the basic twin saber PA is - Rising crush?

Offline you can earn the PA - Assault crush? from Hyuga.

However, Hyuga himself uses a third twin saber PA involving lots of spinning aroung whirling the sabers.

I can list numerous other weapons with 3 PAs but I wont go into the details.

On a side note though. In Rizens DMC style video of The Hive he uses three different Sword PA's. I'm curious as to how he earned the third one (Guard Break I believe?)
So Rizen if you read this, please do explain?

Randomness
Oct 27, 2006, 04:29 PM
Hmm... Well, theres the added hits at level 10 and 20.

I do have a Megistral board though... I want the components so badly, but my PM is also in the initial state =(

mechatra
Oct 27, 2006, 04:42 PM
Actually the added hits are at lvl 11 and 21,
But I fail to see how that particular item board has anything to do with this thread : P

Itsuki
Oct 27, 2006, 04:50 PM
Offline, you can get 3 skills for each weapon by beating areas with S-ranks with npcs in your party.

But, Online, I'm tempted to say theres not "rare" skills so much as "bought without meseta". Let me explain, you get "PA Fragments" from beating S-rank missions with an S-rank. These are not listed under the synth items part of your inventory, but instead right above your money. This leads me to beleive that there will be a PA shop that you can buy PAs from with PA Fragments.