PDA

View Full Version : LUCK, AND DROPS

Zabot
Oct 27, 2006, 10:08 AM
For everyone who didnt know, the glowing star to the left of your name is how often you will find good, and rare items more frequently. a little bit of stars = good drops, more white stars = great drops, and a yellow star = amazing drops. i played with my character Zabot, and there wasnt really anything. I was playing with my friend Mafia-spyke, and he had a yellow star, i didnt think much of it though. later he had some one else join his clan and they put Mafia in front of thier name, Mafia-tornado, and coincidentally, he had a yellow star, so my friend and myself thought hey just maybey, so i made a character and named him Mafia-Zabot, and SURE ENOUGH IT WORKED, THERE TO THE LEFT OF MY NAME WAS A YELLOW STAR!!! Now im not saying its just by your name. I read somewhere that it was random, maybe its for a random set of names each day, but ill find out when i log back in today, other than that thats what i think.

That rare drops ARE, in a way dependent still on your name. . . Which i dont really like to much, and that GIANT YELLOW STAR NEXT TO YOUR NAME IS REALLY *edit*!!! or at least in my opinion.

Hope this helps you guys

Peace
- -
Mod edit: do not use 'gay' in a derogatory way.
Also, the title is deceiving.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-10-27 08:23 ]</font>

Garasu
Oct 27, 2006, 10:11 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!
I only got a few stars!I want rare stuff!(even though I've gotten 2 Moon Atomizer boards a Linear Line..A Scape Doll board and Omega Acid...all rare...)

- -
Mod edit: we got your point. No need to stretch the table for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-10-27 08:22 ]</font>

Souppy
Oct 27, 2006, 10:15 AM
I took that quote a long time ago in this forum
but I don't remember who posted it... but it explains what you wanted to know

Not enough people seem to realize how this works.
It is time to clear a few things up.

-The spearkles next to your name are called seireiun
-Reguler sparkles are level 1
-Sparkles with an orange circle are level 3
-Level 1 seireiun slighty increases drop rates
-Level 3 seireiun greatly increases drop rates
-Seireiun also helps the chances of grinding a weapon wthout breaking
-Seireiun also improves the drops of reguler items and rare enemy appearances
-You must be the leader of the party for the increased drop rates to take effect
-Seireiun is determined every 24 hours at midnight japan time.
-Seirun is determined by your race and gender.
-You can use Seirun everyday by leaving an empty caracter slot and remaking a character depending on
which race/gender gets level3 on that particular day.

Also, if you check on the main page of ''psupedia.org'' you will see who has the 0, 1 and 3 stars for the day. It depends on gender and race... hope this will help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-27 08:17 ]</font>

Agrias
Oct 27, 2006, 10:17 AM
Oh thank god. So this isn't something permanent once I create a character. Meaning it rotates?

HiKeRI
Oct 27, 2006, 10:18 AM
So im guessing depending on each race and gender and not name?

Souppy
Oct 27, 2006, 10:18 AM
Every day... (japanese time of course)

Exactly, they threw away that Greenil, Skyly, Purpleneum thing... lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-27 08:19 ]</font>

Garasu
Oct 27, 2006, 10:19 AM
Thats..still kinda good.....I guess...At least we dont have section IDs anymore!

Souppy
Oct 27, 2006, 10:21 AM
If you have a large group of friends, it will be helpful to find rares...
the leader will be the one having 3-stars and you'll get more drops.

And don't forget that it's also better for synthing.
If you buy the game guide of the game (which is totally pointless except for this) you will have the explanations you want about those stars and what do they affect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-27 08:22 ]</font>

Valkayree
Oct 27, 2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah Zabot we found the rappies when we had the gold star out beside our name as well, remember? I assume that luck will really come into play at rank A and S missions (remember how in PSO we couldn't find rare drops until Hard and then more variety at very hard). Oh and I saw another guy last night with an "M" as the first letter of his name and he had a gold glowing star for luck as well. So it is name dependant I'm sure of it. I just hope it isn't weekly random. Turns out last night at 1am central time they set up maintenance, so if they do that every week thursday it shouldn't be too bad.

Valkayree
Oct 27, 2006, 10:46 AM
On 2006-10-27 08:15, Souppy wrote:
I took that quote a long time ago in this forum
but I don't remember who posted it... but it explains what you wanted to know

Not enough people seem to realize how this works.
It is time to clear a few things up.

-The spearkles next to your name are called seireiun
-Reguler sparkles are level 1
-Sparkles with an orange circle are level 3
-Level 1 seireiun slighty increases drop rates
-Level 3 seireiun greatly increases drop rates
-Seireiun also helps the chances of grinding a weapon wthout breaking
-Seireiun also improves the drops of reguler items and rare enemy appearances
-You must be the leader of the party for the increased drop rates to take effect
-Seireiun is determined every 24 hours at midnight japan time.
-Seirun is determined by your race and gender.
-You can use Seirun everyday by leaving an empty caracter slot and remaking a character depending on
which race/gender gets level3 on that particular day.

Also, if you check on the main page of ''psupedia.org'' you will see who has the 0, 1 and 3 stars for the day. It depends on gender and race... hope this will help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-27 08:17 ]</font>

That had to be insanely random for all of us to get level 3. Male beast, male human, and female newman all having it? The only constant I saw was determined by the first letter of your character's name, at least from my experiences. I'll do more research.

SephYuyX
Oct 27, 2006, 10:47 AM
On 2006-10-27 08:18, Souppy wrote:
Every day... (japanese time of course)

It is 12AM PST for NA PC/PS2.

Souppy
Oct 27, 2006, 11:09 AM
On 2006-10-27 08:46, Valkayree wrote:
That had to be insanely random for all of us to get level 3. Male beast, male human, and female newman all having it? The only constant I saw was determined by the first letter of your character's name, at least from my experiences. I'll do more research.

If the leader has 3-stars, everyone in the party gets 3 stars. If you are sooo sure about name dependant, read the GAMER GUIDE written by our good friends from SEGA...

Also, as a preview, go to the PSUPEDIA.org (http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page) and check in the top right corner of the main page...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-27 09:11 ]</font>

Dusk21
Oct 27, 2006, 11:23 AM
I dunno but this luck thing is annoying the hell outta me, so far I've had 0 luck every day, what is with that? Ah well, I guess I'll just have to wait my turn for luck but its aggrivating nontheless.

Zarbolord
Oct 27, 2006, 11:25 AM
What's really cool though is that if you make 4 characters, each a race, two genders each, you're 1/2 of getting the 3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Valkayree
Oct 27, 2006, 12:21 PM
On 2006-10-27 09:09, Souppy wrote:

On 2006-10-27 08:46, Valkayree wrote:

If the leader has 3-stars, everyone in the party gets 3 stars. If you are sooo sure about name dependant, read the GAMER GUIDE written by our good friends from SEGA...

Also, as a preview, go to the PSUPEDIA.org (http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page) and check in the top right corner of the main page...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Souppy on 2006-10-27 09:11 ]</font>

I've read the psupedia.org article, and the information there is slim. I don't believe that a lot of research has been put into it, and therefore is not set in stone. I say this because even when we weren't in a party we all had the same luck value, and everyone I saw with a M for a first letter in their name had level 3 luck for an extended period. We were all different races and genders. I'll tell you what, you can hold onto your idea and I'll hold onto mine, and we will agree to disagree.

SephYuyX
Oct 27, 2006, 12:37 PM
Someone show him the JP Luck log, I dont know the link; there has been 0 consistencys in any trend, so far its completely random.

It's definitely not based on names though, its by races.

Zabot
Oct 27, 2006, 01:33 PM
On 2006-10-27 08:42, Valkayree wrote:
Yeah Zabot we found the rappies when we had the gold star out beside our name as well, remember? I assume that luck will really come into play at rank A and S missions (remember how in PSO we couldn't find rare drops until Hard and then more variety at very hard). Oh and I saw another guy last night with an "M" as the first letter of his name and he had a gold glowing star for luck as well. So it is name dependant I'm sure of it. I just hope it isn't weekly random. Turns out last night at 1am central time they set up maintenance, so if they do that every week thursday it shouldn't be too bad.

WUZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP

Zabot
Oct 27, 2006, 01:35 PM
I dont think that is true because i was a male Beast, and Valkaree was a Femal Newman, and i saw other Female Newmans and beasts and they didnt have it, i dont think so, but ill find out later today, Peace http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zabot
Oct 27, 2006, 01:42 PM
On 2006-10-27 09:23, Dusk21 wrote:
I dunno but this luck thing is annoying the hell outta me, so far I've had 0 luck every day, what is with that? Ah well, I guess I'll just have to wait my turn for luck but its aggrivating nontheless.

THE GAMES BEEN OUT FOR 3 FUCKING DAYS ROFL

Peace http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Realmz
Oct 27, 2006, 01:51 PM
it seems to me that every day at midnight the server makes a little calculation on who gets luck.

three different races/gender combos could get it each with lv1 luck
two different races/gender combos. one with lv2 one with lv 1
or just one race/gender combo with lv 3 luck

thats my theory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oh yeah and in parties only the leaders luck matters.

Zabot
Oct 27, 2006, 01:55 PM
On 2006-10-27 11:51, Realmz wrote:
it seems to me that every day at midnight the server makes a little calculation on who gets luck.

three different races/gender combos could get it each with lv1 luck
two different races/gender combos. one with lv2 one with lv 1
or just one race/gender combo with lv 3 luck

thats my theory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oh yeah and in parties only the leaders luck matters.

nope sorry to bow that out of the water, but i made a human too, and that had lvl 1 Luck when i started

Tycho
Oct 27, 2006, 02:07 PM
On 2006-10-27 10:21, Valkayree wrote:
I've read the psupedia.org article, and the information there is slim. I don't believe that a lot of research has been put into it, and therefore is not set in stone.

*points to next quote* -->

On 2006-10-27 10:37, SephirothYuyX wrote:
Someone show him the JP Luck log, I dont know the link; there has been 0 consistencys in any trend, so far its completely random.
It's definitely not based on names though, its by races.

It's from the Japanese, who not only did put research into it, but also took confirmation about this from the developer's blog and Famitsu or something, if I'm not mistaken.
Stuff we don't know about shouldn't even be posted on there in the first place. And really, check the info with Japanese sources before becoming this sceptic based on pure speculation. o_O;