PDA

View Full Version : Synthesis chart?

purplehaze
Oct 27, 2006, 11:52 AM
Anyone got a link to a good synthesis chart?

DONTOSE
Oct 27, 2006, 12:09 PM
not mee

Saigan
Oct 27, 2006, 12:19 PM
Synthesis doesn't need a chart. You need a synthesis board to create an item and the required items are listed on the board. It's not guess work with ingredients like in other RPGs.

Jaylix
Oct 27, 2006, 01:17 PM
I'm going to disagree with Siagan completely and hope that eventually one is made.

Not all MMORPG synth lists are guess work, I hardly consider WoW's crafting system guess work based.

The problem with THIS game's synthing is you can only see the requirements of the synth while you are examing the board, lets say you need to go and pick up a couple of parts for a synth and the board is in your PM how would you then get the parts lists needed while at the synth shop and your board is in your PM? Synth list would help.

How about you are in the field and you want to know what one part is used for? Synth list would help.

I'm not saying is absolutely needed, I'm saying it would be a definite help to have something like that on hand when out and about.

Saigan
Oct 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
On 2006-10-27 11:17, Jaylix wrote:
I'm going to disagree with Siagan completely and hope that eventually one is made.

Not all MMORPG synth lists are guess work, I hardly consider WoW's crafting system guess work based.

The problem with THIS game's synthing is you can only see the requirements of the synth while you are examing the board, lets say you need to go and pick up a couple of parts for a synth and the board is in your PM how would you then get the parts lists needed while at the synth shop and your board is in your PM? Synth list would help.

How about you are in the field and you want to know what one part is used for? Synth list would help.

I'm not saying is absolutely needed, I'm saying it would be a definite help to have something like that on hand when out and about.

Or you could carry the board you are searching for the materials for with you and not have to bring up an online guide.

Brockenstein
Oct 27, 2006, 01:38 PM
The way the synthesis works in PSU reminds me alot of how synthesis worked in Auto Assault and sorta Entropia Universe. Its not a bad system but yeah you can't just like go and get all the materials and craft but both systems work good this system is a little easier since you KNOW what you need no problem but at the same time you will some how have to get the blue print (or "board") to craft even if you already have the supplies needed.

It would be nice to have a list of what drops the blue prints and and I would have nothing asianst having a list of ingreds you need to craft but really if you have the board and go to gte the ingreds just write down what you are looking for. I used to have a notepad for craftingon FFXI for stuff just like that.

Saigan
Oct 27, 2006, 01:42 PM
On 2006-10-27 11:38, Brockenstein wrote:
The way the synthesis works in PSU reminds me alot of how synthesis worked in Auto Assault and sorta Entropia Universe. Its not a bad system but yeah you can't just like go and get all the materials and craft but both systems work good this system is a little easier since you KNOW what you need no problem but at the same time you will some how have to get the blue print (or "board") to craft even if you already have the supplies needed.

It would be nice to have a list of what drops the blue prints and and I would have nothing asianst having a list of ingreds you need to craft but really if you have the board and go to gte the ingreds just write down what you are looking for. I used to have a notepad for craftingon FFXI for stuff just like that.

Yeah- a drop chart for where to get the boards would be great. All I've found weapon-wise is hunter weps. I'm a Force dangit... where are the Rod boards?

Ardamus
Oct 27, 2006, 01:49 PM
Sell those bad boys!
I know I'll be looking for Hunter boards tonight when I get on.

Valatar
Oct 27, 2006, 01:59 PM
Also, the boards don't list the quantities required, they just list the names of the ingredients. Only when you've got the board stuck in your PM does it get around to mentioning just how much of any given thing it requires.

Darkmgl
Oct 27, 2006, 02:28 PM
I guess I'll chime in after all this time. You can purchase boards for all the 1 to 5 star non rare weapons/armor at the Purple colored shop on Neudaiz or Parum. The Colony sells materials not boards. I bought a Durandal board (5* Saber) earlier for 9250 and synthed it with light attribute. They don't sell the Durandal in shops, so I got a weapon better then the 9k weapon for the same price.

psupedia.org contains alot of the required items for recipes. Generally you find the materials in areas where you would expect, lots of metals in the relics/guardian colony missions, wood in the parum and neudaiz forests, etc.

PS: Big tip for synthing, until you have a levelled up PM you should make a level 1 character with this weeks level 3 luck value. Have them do all your synthing, and recreate the char each time the luck gets cycled.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkmgl on 2006-10-27 12:29 ]</font>