PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

jonny-5
Oct 27, 2006, 12:05 PM
This game stole my life many years ago and for years on... And probably going to get PSU today which will probably steal my life for the coming months..

However, just had a few questions..
In all honesty how does the PC version look with the jagged edges and all? (I have a ATI X800)..

Is there diffcutly levels this time around? (Ulti? if so new look to it like before?)

Rares still in red boxes lol?

And is Cube on here? CubeGC? He was a good friend back in the day...

ok bye bye

blace
Oct 27, 2006, 12:12 PM
There is no difficulty setting to choose from this time areound. All weapons can either be bought from the store or picked up from enemies. Red boxes are no longer in the game. PS2 and PC are very similar in detail but a little jagged but not much.

uhawww
Oct 27, 2006, 12:15 PM
PSU sticks to the same graphical style as PSO. In fact, moreso a design technique pioneered by SEGA in general, where vibrant color and complex textures dominate as opposed to high poly counts (The Sega Saturn was basically built to render in this fashion). The environmental effects and overall chaos that ensues is absolutely gorgeous running at 60 fps.

As for difficulty, Each individual mission has a rank of C-S, acting as a modifier for Monster difficulty.

Rare items are usually red. The little symbol on top of drops denote what kind of item they are (Synthesis boards, Synthesis materials, etc). Some standard items that coincidentally have a high rarity will also display as a retrieved rare item when someone picks them up, though they are not red (Cosmo Atomizers, etc)

AngelLight
Oct 27, 2006, 12:15 PM
On 2006-10-27 10:05, jonny-5 wrote:
In all honesty how does the PC version look with the jagged edges and all? (I have a ATI X800)..

It's not too bad in the sense that it's improved from the ps2 due to resolution....however, the highest resolution is 1280x1024 (or something like that). So if you have higher then that (and based on your card you prolly do) then it may be a bit stretchy (but even on mine running Radion 9500 its not too terrible).

Is there diffcutly levels this time around? (Ulti? if so new look to it like before?)

Yes there is, but they're denoted by C rank, B rank, A rank, and S rank missions (note also you choose what rank mission you want to run each time at the mission counter). Also note that each rank and each mission has different requirements to run.

FYI, S Rank missions are not out, so no one here can talk about them having different mobs save for importers (This was brought up in another topic on here but I forget what came of it).

Rares still in red boxes lol?

Some are yes....but some are not. The game denotes a "rare" by anything 7 stars or higher....but I've seen "rares" in several of the normal looking floating icons on the ground

And is Cube on here? CubeGC? He was a good friend back in the day...

ehhh no clue sorry.

ok bye bye

Buh-Bye

jonny-5
Oct 27, 2006, 12:16 PM
Do items drop or do u go up to the creatue?
Meaning is there a way to distinguish a normal drop from a rare one...
I remember when I saw a red box in the EP1-2, my blood would rush haha... Is there anything similar?
Or is the item dropping more in line with WoW(rolling, turns, etc...)?

Thanks

uhawww
Oct 27, 2006, 12:18 PM
Items hit the floor. They must be picked up.
However, now you can set looting rules, such as (paraphrasing) Finders Keepers, Round Robin, and Random Distribution.

AngelLight
Oct 27, 2006, 12:20 PM
Items drop upon killing a mob or opening something....but it's the same system as PSO (save that there are loot options you can set upon opening up a new mission. Note that even the loot options are semi random, i.e. there's not a "Master Looter" option).

jonny-5
Oct 27, 2006, 12:21 PM
Nice. this should be alot better in terms of gameplay environment!
woohoo for sega.
I think ill go pick up the pc version now.. thanks guys... you just ruined my social life http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I cant believe I started playing this game over six ago.. its really bad that im still playing.. i need a life lol.

pkazama
Oct 27, 2006, 12:24 PM
Welcome back Jonny-5, I don't really know you from back then but it's cool to see you're still alive haha