PDA

View Full Version : Total turnaround in Beast population.

Niki
Oct 27, 2006, 01:22 PM
Just my thoughts...

I'm shocked.

Two years ago there were a handful of confirmed Beast players [out of how many PSOW members?]. Last night 60% of the characters on Universe 13 had Gold Sparkle. While some of these may have been alts created to capitalise on Luck, many were hitting around LV10.

Recent polls on this site suggested Beast as the least popular race for main characters, which leads me to ask, what brought on the change of heart?

20 bucks says its the desire to brutally punish anything that crosses your path, which is why, like me, they are probably all playing Hunters.

It's good for the race, but I can't help feeling let down for being egotistical and wanting to be more unique. Oh well. I know what I want to play, and if everyone else does as well then that's the nature of the game, leave uniqueness to someone else.

rena-ko
Oct 27, 2006, 01:24 PM
the furries are breeding.

nah, really, i personally would bet on that its something new for a change. esp the PSO-vets will need something more or less new once in a while.

Kanore
Oct 27, 2006, 01:25 PM
I agree with the furry breeding thing. >_>

Reeses
Oct 27, 2006, 01:34 PM
aww, we female beasts are poppin them out that much guys! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

But anyway, I play on 1 Universe:01 all the time and i RARELY saw another beasts. Seems to me that all the characters I play with are Newman and Casts. But thats just what i party with, not the general population. Hopefully I can get s'more beasts in my parties just for some fun mob-bashing.

uhawww
Oct 27, 2006, 01:47 PM
I've only partied with maybe a few other beast characters.
I'ts been mostly a robo-sausage fest on US servers...

KiteWolfwood
Oct 27, 2006, 01:50 PM
On the universe I was on I only saw 3 other casts. Everything else was Beast or Human. I also seen John Madden.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 27, 2006, 01:52 PM
conversely i rarely see forces of any type. and out of the ones i do see none of them ever heal well or revive. weird huh?

Zabot
Oct 27, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-10-27 11:52, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
conversely i rarely see forces of any type. and out of the ones i do see none of them ever heal well or revive. weird huh?

you cant revive unless you have a moon atamiser, or moon atamizer X, reverser doesnt heal in this one, it cures status effects. but i think that when it gets to a high enough level, that it will revive people.

Peace

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 27, 2006, 02:03 PM
that would explain why it was weird thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

and I really don't notice that many beasts. i know i'm seeing a little more cast rangers than a few days ago. tons of humans of course.

Kaply
Oct 27, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-10-27 11:22, Niki wrote:
Last night 60% of the characters on Universe 13 had Gold Sparkle.

You do realize that last night female newmans also had level 3 luck right?

Suetto_Rai
Oct 27, 2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Read that wrong...whoops

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Suetto_Rai on 2006-10-27 12:21 ]</font>

Aaomi
Oct 27, 2006, 02:08 PM
On 2006-10-27 11:22, Niki wrote:
Last night 60% of the characters on Universe 13 had Gold Sparkle.

Pardon the newbie question, but what is that gold sparkle anyway?

DMG
Oct 27, 2006, 02:10 PM
I saw this coming a while ago. It's the "Hip" new class.
Add to that it's the (arguable) best race for the most popular job and they get an outrageous transformation and a nifty tattoo to boot. I can't say I'm surprised to see so many.

Sad for me, most of the ones I've run into have the IQ of tooth decay and go out of their way to pick up items even when there's a mob smashing them in their backs. Then refuse use a 'mate to heal themselves once in a while. /rantoff

reverser doesnt heal in this one, it cures status effects. but i think that when it gets to a high enough level, that it will revive people.

Reverser dosn't revive this time. Giresta does. (also can be used a a HP regen) but it's not online yet.

The gold sparkle is lvl 3 luck.

Scallop
Oct 27, 2006, 02:10 PM
Being unique? Yeah right.

Zalinian
Oct 27, 2006, 02:24 PM
<--- Beast Hunter
Hunters were my favorite class in PSO. Getting up in someone's face and slicing them down is my kind of thing, and the beast's racial ability just makes that even better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zalinian on 2006-10-27 12:25 ]</font>

Scirrocco
Oct 27, 2006, 02:26 PM
Keep in mind, at least at low levels forces are expensive. I haven't seen techs yet, but the photon and bullet arts i've seen are 1000 meseta. That's a lot. I know newmans start out with foie, but it would be a while still for them to get enough for Resta.

kirinano
Oct 27, 2006, 02:39 PM
I've only played a little so far, but I haven't seen many other beasts in Universe 2. I've mostly teamed with humans and casts.

I see LOTS of casts.

But its all good, play what you want. I love my beast!

DreamLocke
Oct 27, 2006, 02:54 PM
My first character is going to be a cast fighgunner, but my second is definately going to be a beast hunter. Melee combat in PSU seems more fun than in PSO. Nice to get down and dirty on the front lines once in a while.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 27, 2006, 02:55 PM
I get the feeling that the Casts may enslave the humans, build huge energy siphoning towers with pods that keep the humans asleep ;
while all human minds are downloaded into a virtual dreamworld that makes everyone think that it's the "real" world, unaware that they are actually in "the Matrix." ( while The Source/Sega continues to charge each enslaved human 9.99 Meseta a month)
The Machines(Casts) are taking over!.... We need to find The ONE. J/K! J/K! he he he.

Xtra-1
Oct 27, 2006, 02:55 PM

A group took me in at lvl 6, they were all lvl 15-20? I was their healer... we even took out that dragon boss. And we got S rank on every mission completed by their group! It was awesome! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On to the topic... I've seen more casts than I do beasts.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 27, 2006, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't be suprised to see a group of Beasts that each recreate the Thunder Cats. But what Board and materials would make a Sword of Omens look-a-like? hmm? J/k. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Suetto_Rai
Oct 27, 2006, 04:07 PM
Thunder...thunder..thundercats! hooooooooo! ..I got dibs on Lion-o
haha..jk jk..I see more humans than I do beasts though.

Randomness
Oct 27, 2006, 04:31 PM
So whats a silver sparkle? Level 1 or 2 luck?

KG
Oct 27, 2006, 04:43 PM
its level 1 luck and i already got a char named liono

mechatra
Oct 27, 2006, 04:45 PM
Actually I believe theres multiple lvls to the basic silver sparkle.

Since throughout my time on the JP servers Ive noticed three different intensities of the small sparkles.

Auronp
Oct 27, 2006, 05:08 PM
What does the luck do though? Cause yesterday i was playin for like 4 hrs and i had the gold sparkle the whole time (I'm a beast hunter by the way)

mechatra
Oct 27, 2006, 05:15 PM
It effects droprates of any parties you lead.
Also it effects success rates of Grinds.

Tystys
Oct 27, 2006, 05:16 PM
It's nice to see that people are actually playing the BEAST character, in my opinion XD

Auronp
Oct 27, 2006, 05:22 PM
I was set with beast from the moment i heard about them. Then they have the whole nanoblast thing which is like 20x cooler than the others

Tycho
Oct 27, 2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I was guessing these would become popular. If I'm not mistaken, they weren't all that impopular on the Japanese servers either. Silly ATP and Nanoblasts. ~_~

Niki
Oct 27, 2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. As Juan Apagado said, "the differences are minor when compared to the similarities."

@Kaply : Thanks for pointing that out. The whole time I was on the JP servers I thought only one race/class combination got max luck for any 24 hour period.

@uhawww : Thant sounds...disgusting. You have my commiserations. If you ever want in on a fauve-sausage fest, hit me up.

BrandonBa2
Oct 27, 2006, 06:30 PM
I usually play at night, but all I see are casts casts casts. You can't throw a rock and not hit 20 casts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif