PDA

View Full Version : Why do things have to be released?

Untrackable
Oct 27, 2006, 06:16 PM
If all of these items and zones have been released on the Jp servers why cant they be released at the US launch?

Augustine
Oct 27, 2006, 06:21 PM
I'm sure there's some technical reason for it regarding language and blah, blah, blah -- but yeah, I agree, they should just give it to us. Hopefully there won't be that much of a gap between when the JP servers get stuff and the US servers get stuff.

BrandonBa2
Oct 27, 2006, 06:23 PM
Basic premise of pay to play games. More time waiting for stuff to come out = more money you sending waiting for it to. If they put it all out front everyone would get bored after sometime with nothing else coming. Basically $$$$$$$

voxie
Oct 27, 2006, 06:24 PM
It's something PC gamers are used to. Patches keep the game alive, and it keeps you in the dark about the game - you never know what they'll add next, and it just makes the world a lot more interesting and... real? You'll get used to it, and love it.

StanleyPain
Oct 27, 2006, 06:25 PM
To give players something to look forward to. Is everyone whining and bitching about expansions in WoW or Everquest or whatnot? Do you think that stuff was made in the time between the launch and now? Of course not.....hell, half the stuff in those expansions is just unlocked off the original disc.

Gradual expanding of the PSU world keeps people playing and makes sure that there's always little roadmarks, so to speak, where players will all be on a new playing level or needing to learn some just a bit new.

Emgro
Oct 27, 2006, 06:33 PM
It's kind of harsh on us Forces though. We're stuck being limited to less than a third of our variety of spells. I'd like to be offered the option of hitting as many enemies as a Hunter.

Diablohead
Oct 27, 2006, 06:35 PM
Once you get to level 100 you will never do the lower quests again, only the hard ones for rares.

Augustine
Oct 27, 2006, 06:36 PM
Guys, I think he's refering to the stuff on the JP servers. As in, why don't we get the stuff they get when they get it. I don't believe he's refering to patches and updates as a whole.

Untrackable
Oct 27, 2006, 06:46 PM
All i meant is that if the JP server have it on their server why dont we get them? i could see that it takes some time to translate, but seriously you cant even go onto one of the planets...

I guess ill just play Solo until some more stuff is released

Xx3of19xX
Oct 27, 2006, 06:51 PM
On 2006-10-27 16:33, Emgro wrote:
It's kind of harsh on us Forces though. We're stuck being limited to less than a third of our variety of spells. I'd like to be offered the option of hitting as many enemies as a Hunter.

Screw the other damage spells, no support spells besides Resta and Reverser is more annoying imo

voxie
Oct 27, 2006, 06:56 PM
On 2006-10-27 16:46, Untrackable wrote:
All i meant is that if the JP server have it on their server why dont we get them? i could see that it takes some time to translate, but seriously you cant even go onto one of the planets...

I guess ill just play Solo until some more stuff is released

Yeah but the JP players got PSU a month a go. I think they're working on a set schedule.

Though I do wonder... Next month when EU players get PSU, will we have access to whatever new things the US players got in the past month? I'm guessing yeah, if we're on the same server..

kyori
Oct 27, 2006, 08:58 PM
It's always been that country of origin gets patches and content first. See Ragnarok Online for example.