PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Voice Communication Problem

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 27, 2006, 06:44 PM
I have been able to hear everyone that I have played with so far and they were able to hear me. However, my friend (IRL) came on and we joined up. Last night he said he COULD hear me and I couldn't hear him. Today, neither one of us could hear each other.

I'm confused as to why I don't have this problem with anyone. I find it a major coincidence that I just happen to have this problem with someone I know personally and he's going to be the one I party up with 99% of the time.

Anyone else have this problem?

Sidenote: both of us checked our dashboard settings under voice, we both have "through headset," volume max and no mute on. We also haven't blocked eachother through the game or dashboard.

KirinDave
Oct 27, 2006, 06:51 PM
I am new to the Xbox 360, but I'm told that voice chat won't work if your NAT doesn't read as "Open" in your network diagnostic. Most people have switches/wireless hubs that are new enough to support UPnP though, so only people with old network infrastructure or really awful ISPs should have that problem.

voxie
Oct 27, 2006, 06:58 PM
When I was on the beta, sometimes you could hear everything sometimes not. And usually the last person to join the party got it worse.

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 27, 2006, 06:58 PM
We both have SBC Global. The weird thing as that we ALWAYS had problems partying up in Halo 2 also!! We both happen to have the same iblitzz router... hmm... I wonder what I could do to fix this.

McLaughlin
Oct 27, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-10-27 16:58, Kontra_Bandit wrote:
We both have SBC Global. The weird thing as that we ALWAYS had problems partying up in Halo 2 also!! We both happen to have the same iblitzz router... hmm... I wonder what I could do to fix this.

Run the connection test in the System blade, and see if your NAT comes up as Open, Moderate, or Strict. If it's anything other than the former, you'll have problems with Voice Chat (as well as joining games in other games, such as Halo2).

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 27, 2006, 07:32 PM
Him and I both had NAT problems with Azureus so I'm sure it's the problem. I solved both of our problems by setting up port forwarding with Azureus and now it works great. Is there a similar solution to Xbox live?

hypersaxon
Oct 27, 2006, 08:09 PM
It's probably the Private Chat glitch. If you go into Private Chat and switch back to In-Game Chat it sometimes makes it so you can't hear anybody.

Solution: don't use Private Chat while playing PSU. You should be talking to your party anyway.

Mazoku
Oct 27, 2006, 08:52 PM
I have a similar problem. My NAT is listed as open. I've never used private chat during PSU.

Yesterday I could hear my friend but he couldn't hear anyone else in the party.

Today at some point I stopped hearing everyone. I then joined up with the same friend from the previous day and neither of us could hear anything. We live in different states.

All during the PSU beta I never had this problem and I partied with the same friend frequently.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 28, 2006, 04:25 AM
Your router's firmware must be supported as well to be fully compatible with XboxLive:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/homenetworking/equipment.htm

I've been having the same problem and I upgraded firmware on my router and then voice chat worked fine.

ricecracka301
Oct 28, 2006, 01:54 PM
I'm also having the voice chat problem. Also what is NAT? This game is far to difficult to get working properly for a console game.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 28, 2006, 03:23 PM
NAT:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/troubleshootliveconnection-testnat.htm

Basically, u can run Network connection test from Xbox dashboard system settings to find out if your router is fully compatible with Xbox Live or not. Eventho your NAT is 'Open', the firmware must be also supported for Xbox Live as that was my case.

If u were using noncompatible router or nonsupported firmware for your Live games before PSU, chances are you were having similar voice chat issues before, but you just didn't notice it or just ignored that there is solution.

think this is too difficult? imagine what some pc players r going thru to play this game...it takes a bit of researching and patience to make all things work perfectly.

Thrash777
Oct 28, 2006, 04:22 PM
It happens all the time with everyone... it depends on network connections and is usually indiscriminant of settings; it just happens from time to time...

Somedays I can hear everyone, sometimes I can only hear them, sometimes they can only hear me, sometimes I can only talk with some people, it changes all the time in my experience...

...but as people are explaing here; it's probably something to do with NAT devices, IP settings and server issues... who knows...

Trifuse
Oct 28, 2006, 04:36 PM
Something that helps when I have that problem is if you or your friend have that problem: First un-plug the headset then plug back in (this works almost 75% of the time), if that doesnt work reset the box.