PDA

View Full Version : Random Item Distributions Effect on Meseta(and others ?s)

Bibberz
Oct 27, 2006, 10:37 PM
I was just wondering if under random/selected item distribution, does meseta also count as an item that is randomly given? I just feel weird clicking on meseta thinking its not going to myself.

Also, when item distribution for rares is set to "In selected order", does that mean the team leader will get the first rare, then the second person to join gets the second, and so on? Just curious.

Also not too many people seem to be on Neudaiz(sp), I actually only noticed on game for "Devils From Above" on Universe 1, which I thought was odd. Guess everyone likes Parum and the Colony too much to branch out? =P

My name is Bibberz, you can usually find me on Universe 1. I don't have my keyboard yet so I can't really socialize, but I'm always looking for fun people to game with who usually dont play on "finders keep" item distribution (I always get mad when little n00bchucks steal my kills treasure =P)

Happy PSUing

Killuminati
Oct 27, 2006, 10:39 PM
Every mission I have played has been finder keepers and the people I play including myself dont mind this. I can see were you are coming from though trying to be fair about drops.

GyroidFanatic
Oct 27, 2006, 10:43 PM
Meseta does count as a normal item.

Bibberz
Oct 27, 2006, 10:46 PM
On 2006-10-27 20:39, Killuminati wrote:
Every mission I have played has been finder keepers and the people I play including myself dont mind this. I can see were you are coming from though trying to be fair about drops.

I don't really mind either, I just prefer the other kind, and I have seen a lot more selected order item, random rare groups popping around. Sometimes I feel I'm overly greedy tho, so I try to stick away from games where I'll just be tempted to hoard =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bibberz on 2006-10-27 20:46 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 27, 2006, 11:11 PM
as a ranger, give findewr is "money or exp?" since I cant do both at once >.> I love set order nromal + random rare

Gavin_King
Oct 28, 2006, 04:03 AM
Give to finder should not be the default option... I hate seeing a list of parties to join, and they're all give to finder... I refuse to join. It's not fun to see who's the best ninja looter... and it's too much of a pain to make sure everyone grabs their fair share.

In order is the best IMO, but even random is better than give to finder.

To answer OT, meseta is treated as a normal item.

EJ
Oct 28, 2006, 04:10 AM
I always play with item on random distrubtion it make it more fair for the forces in the team to also get items.

Aaomi
Oct 28, 2006, 04:17 AM
I set mine to Set Order for Normal, and Random for Rares.

mananas
Oct 28, 2006, 11:14 AM
My friend and I also set ours to order... but what does it mean exactly? Because the other night I was getting skipped on the rares. Does it mean the order the player joined? And I'm not so sure meseta works as a normal item... I played through an entire area and didn't get any meseta because I didn't pick any up, and I checked. Maybe the distribution reset, I don't know.

Randomness
Oct 28, 2006, 11:44 AM
I don't care for the most part, because MOST meseta drops are small. The big quadrupeds in Relics however, drop meseta totals of 200+! Those are worth grabbing. Otherwise, its mostly mission rewards for cash.

Auronp
Oct 28, 2006, 11:48 AM
I have a question, we were in a grp and i was passed leadership when the leader left. While we were playing every now and then something would come up saying the person's name, skip, then the item. I asked what it ment but no one answerd. Basically what does the skip mean?

Kuya
Oct 28, 2006, 11:49 AM
Items will "skip" a person if they have too many of that item (e.g. 20 x Monomates) and you pick up another of that item.

Auronp
Oct 28, 2006, 11:53 AM
oOo, now it makes sense. Thanks, thought it had to do with the item distribution set up

Rizen
Oct 28, 2006, 12:23 PM
I prefer Normal: Order Rare: Random. Why? Well Rangers and Forces really get shafted when there are multiple hunters in the party. When its on Finder, I hardly ever get any items or meseta and the hunters always get all the loot. I dont mind when Im just getting exp, but when I need to synth and buy stuff its not really fair.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 28, 2006, 12:28 PM
On 2006-10-28 02:10, EJ wrote:
I always play with item on random distrubtion it make it more fair for the forces in the team to also get items.

seems alot of people like that one, hopefully it becoems more normal.

and on a side note, I also refuse to join groupes on give finder, because I liek the focus on the fight not tyrignt o amke sure I get something at all.

Feelmirath
Oct 28, 2006, 12:34 PM
I'll likely only play with people I know, so it doesn't really bother me >_>

Although Give Finder is a stupid default, since a lot of people still don't know how to change that option.

EDIT: ENGRISH

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2006-10-28 10:35 ]</font>

Xtra-1
Oct 31, 2006, 01:34 PM
As a Force, I don't like give finder at all because I always heal the group and forces cast animation seems so long to move to loot stuff.

Hunters get the chance to loot the most because they go in to melee while the rangers and forces are stuck at range.